Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Ror posted:

it is canon that Hagrid is a bachelor his whole life, but does Hagrid gently caress? he goes on some dates with that huge alilison janney lady but I never got the impression that he scored.

I am concerned for the well-being of some of the magical creatures

He is wed to a daughter of aragog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hagrid absolutely hosed.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm surprised Rowling didn't come up with something like witches using a spell based on the bag of holding on their vaginas to accommodate Hagrid's hog.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In the inevitable gritty TV reboot will we get a Hagrid dong prosthetic like for Hodor?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hagrid has several bastard children he sired while in the US who are the starting linemen for Alabama football.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
https://clickhole.com/the-saga-continues-j-k-rowling-has-revealed-that-afte-1828684595/

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jesus christ

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

amigolupus posted:

I'm surprised Rowling didn't come up with something like witches using a spell based on the bag of holding on their vaginas to accommodate Hagrid's hog.

actually the reason hagrid and the beauxbatons giantess never hooked up is it turns out hagrid inherited a human sized dick

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Jesus christ

A lot of the Clickhole Harry Potter articles are good: https://clickhole.com/tag/harry-potter/

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Jesus christ

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Im just gonna leave the last three paragraphs of the plot synopsis here and y’all can imagine what leads to this

I haven't seen Cursed Child but I want to imagine that Harry was just over seeing his parents die by that point

Everybody else is weeping, or horrified, and he's standing there rolling his eyes, "I just wanna go home and have a beer, we're doing this poo poo again?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harry, holding a bag of snacks and offering them to others, mouthing the lines everyone says as they die, while everyone else weeps.

Oi, this is the best part, he says just as Voldemort turns to blast his mother.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Y'know, after Voldemort died and the threat had ended, I had a couple of weird months. I was up, I was down, back up, way down, afraid for my life all over again...Then I spent, like, a sliver of my inheritance on a few months of therapy, and I'm in a much better place now.

My parents' death? That's in the past. Literally. Because that's where we are now. The past.

...oh and also this was magic therapy, where they explained to me that you can't alter the past, no matter how hard you try. Big, big step towards acceptance."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Turns out you can apprition the parts of your brain that give you ptsd. Its weird, like obviously I should be upset to watch my parents die but thanks to the procedure I don't feel that deep dread or remorse. Kind of sad if you think about it, but Ill tell you its made me a hell of a cop.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Celebrating Harry "Bang Bang" Potter

First Auror to enchant a gun

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JethroMcB posted:

Celebrating Harry "Bang Bang" Potter

First Auror to enchant a gun

Now just picturing Bang Bang Bart.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Jesus christ

I mean they would have fixed the diabetes if he weren't a filthy unperson giant/non-wizard. Always remember that milions are dead because wizards can't be asked to give a poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In book 2 JK goes out of her way to mention everyone’s getting flus and Madam Pomfrey is fixing them instantly with a potion. And then goes out of her way to mention that Filch is sick with the flu. They won’t even cure him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
apparently jk's new 944-page robert galbraith detective novel is about a "transvestite serial killer"

can't even be transphobic in a creative or novel way i guess

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

TheAardvark posted:

actually the reason hagrid and the beauxbatons giantess never hooked up is it turns out hagrid inherited a human sized dick
No reason why they couldn't scissor themselves to satisfaction.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Angepain posted:

apparently jk's new 944-page robert galbraith detective novel is about a "transvestite serial killer"

Oh fucksake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jesus Christ

944 pages, it can’t take that long to climax

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

post/av combo right there

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In book 2 JK goes out of her way to mention everyone’s getting flus and Madam Pomfrey is fixing them instantly with a potion. And then goes out of her way to mention that Filch is sick with the flu. They won’t even cure him.

Filch may be a nasty man who wants to bring back medieval torture methods on wizard kid, but no one really treats him with common decency. I don't know if it was in book 4 or later, but one of the house elves let slip that while they could easily keep the castle clean by themselves, they've got orders from Dumbledore to leave behind some messes for Filch to clean. It would've been more merciful to fire him and rather than stick him with fake work.

Angepain posted:

While it doesn't go into full detail, this review confirms it. gently caress you, Rowling.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It’s canon that squibs get treated like poo poo by wizards so it’s not really surprising that Filch hated everyone at Hogwarts. He gets painted as spineless when Umbridge takes over and he happily starts working for her but she actually gives him real work to do as security. He probably liked the government hardass who treated him like a low-level employee better than all the supposedly enlightened ‘nice’ wizards who treated him like a lovely house elf. Except house elfs have super powerful magic so even they get more respect from the world and from Rowling than those garbage squibs.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Even the "good" wizards are lovely about squibs, IIRC theres an offhand comment at one point by Ron that he has an aunt who's a squib, and he goes "I think she's an accountant or something? I don't know nobody in the family really talks to her at all."

Sydin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 13, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Filch is actually really sweet to the nice hufflepuff kids. All the torture talk is just to gently caress with little shits like Harry and Draco.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Based on Neville's story I assume most squibs are killed by their parents because Wizard parents would rather have their kids die trying to provoke magic than just let them live happily as muggles.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Filch is extraordinarily sweet to his cat AKA the only person at Hogwarts whose nice to him

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Neville is the only main character who doesn't become a cop.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Speleothing posted:

Neville is the only main character who doesn't become a cop.

He actually does join for a bit along with Ron before they quit and do their later careers (Joke shop proprietor, Herbology Professor).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you're curious why Voldemort found taking over so easy its because half of all wizards are cops

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Angepain posted:

Is she still using the name of Blue Oyster Cult songs?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is the wizarding world just a cult.

the muggle world is maligned to discourage wizards from leaving. half the wizards are cops to prevent interactions with muggles.

everyone is under educated and taught no skills so they are unable to survive in the muggle world if they do decide to leave.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Atrocious Joe posted:

is the wizarding world just a cult.

the muggle world is maligned to discourage wizards from leaving. half the wizards are cops to prevent interactions with muggles.

everyone is under educated and taught no skills so they are unable to survive in the muggle world if they do decide to leave.

Yeah but the magic powers are real so, you win some, you lose some.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New canon: There’s actually like 200 million wizards in the world, most of whom live in regular communities and hold down regular jobs and enjoy modern technology and society, but they use magic to gain every advantage and get ahead in life and their lives are pretty chill and comfortable

Harry just was unlucky enough to get inducted into some bizarre LARPing subcommunity of wizards that has its own rules and customs and a bunch of their leaders are masquerading as a pseudo government who hide the existence of the normal wizarding world from the movement’s followers. Harry has no idea he’s caught up in a weird backwards cult that 95% of the world’s wizards look at uneasily but don’t quite know what they should do about

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 14, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hedrigall posted:

New canon: There’s actually like 200 million wizards in the world, most of whom live in regular communities and hold down regular jobs and enjoy modern technology and society, but they use magic to gain every advantage and get ahead in life and their lives are pretty chill and comfortable

Harry just was unlucky enough to get inducted into some bizarre LARPing subcommunity of wizards that has its own rules and customs and a bunch of their leaders are masquerading as a pseudo government who hide the existence of the normal wizarding world from the movement’s followers. Harry has no idea he’s caught up in a weird backwards cult that 95% of the world’s wizards look at uneasily but don’t quite know what they should do about

that's just England

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Like many legitimate organisations, Hogwarts promotes itself entirely through unsolicited mailouts to children.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Sydin posted:

Even the "good" wizards are lovely about squibs, IIRC theres an offhand comment at one point by Ron that he has an aunt who's a squib, and he goes "I think she's an accountant or something? I don't know nobody in the family really talks to her at all."

Lol the Wesleys are just the Dursleys with magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Regular wizard sees the news "Notorious Luddo-Wizard Gang Leader Voldemort Killed in Power Struggle" and sighs, thinks someone should do something about that cult, and then goes back to look up the footy results