Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i went to submit a forum but i accidentally hit back and lost all my progress so now i feel defeated like who loses to Jay White in the finals of this G1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

take the moon posted:

hey does this form auto-fill out block winners based on point totals/wl records. or is that level of technology beyond us? im gonna look real stupid picking white as my block runner but giving shingo more wins or something

I was having trouble making my picks so I added a bit of automation so I could look at the schedule at the same time. Rarity if this is annoying in any way I'll remove it, but otherwise: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z1kYzscCtqJtYcS3AuAIx6Ag5qNdFeKvX8qS4QnYu8g/edit?usp=sharing

Use the drop downs in the upper right triangle of each block for picks, bottom left portion of the block auto-fills, point totals auto-update. You still gotta pick the winner because I'm not about to spend a day figuring out formulas for the tie-breakers, but it's easier to try out scenarios when the totals are updated for you.

I also added the schedule below the blocks, with the match winners automatically carried down from the blocks.

My predictions are still gonna be way off.

I spend too much time with spreadsheets in my day job.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

i dont have an essays worth of thought. white wins, defends against *checks* ospreay and beats him too lol, the finals match with sanada will be a flawless masterpiece of chessmaster reversals. this is yujiros year to go over taichi also. mostly i went with my gut. some psycho picks but whatever.

im hype

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

This is good. Thank you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Running through my predictions at the moment...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Right, I've submitted my entries. If I've worked this out right it's all really very simple (yakkety sax starts playing)....

Basically, it comes down to Ospreay playing spoiler by beating Okada on the last night of A Block, preventing him from advancing over Ibushi if they were on equal points (Ibushi also has to beat Taichi to get to 14 or else Ospreay would win the block thanks to beating Ibushi earlier and Okada on the final night). Similarly in B Block, Tanahashi NEEDs to beat ZSJ to win B Block because if he remains on 12 points with Naito, Naito will win. Then Ibushi and Tanahashi go on to repeat the G1 Final from 2018, only this time Ibushi finally gets his big win over Tanahashi (but took a loss to Okada in the tournament, to set up a future challenger after he beats Naito at Wrestle Kingdom :colbert:).

Now to watch it all fall apart!

Also I tried to be conservative with my MOTYC tiebreaker pick... I still came up with 34 potential MOTYCs :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 13, 2020

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Kept it simple. Okada vesus a top heel for the finals, points are probably a bit too straightforward but I didn't really want to consider the cards too much. Naito eats some losses that could set up IC title defenses, Taichi defeats Suzuki so we can get started on the shift to Taichi-gun, and then I went with what made sense to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lookin at a lot of rly disappointed sanada fans this fall i think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

lookin at a lot of rly disappointed sanada fans this fall i think

Your prediction is EVIL :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

Your prediction is EVIL :smith:

correct

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Last year, I randomly generated my predictions (including draws, which was stupid). This year, I've actually done the work and made proper predictions, as shown above.

I have also made randomly generated predictions for the G1. And the N-1. And the Champions Carnival. This has already been more work than it's probably worth.

Making actual predictions did give me a chance to craft a more compelling conclusion to both Blocks of the G1. The random picks make the final night of Block A a dead rubber.

For reference, the random picks are below. I'm fairly sure my proper predictions will be better.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Dirt posted:

Last year, I randomly generated my predictions (including draws, which was stupid). This year, I've actually done the work and made proper predictions, as shown above.

Enter both so we can see which does better :allears:

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Rarity posted:

Enter both so we can see which does better :allears:

OK. "Dr. Dirt's random picks" have also been entered.

I realised today just how much work must go into this. Well done and thanks for organising this contest.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Here are my bad picks:

A block is Okada with Shingo and Switchblade right behind him.

B block is Sanada going over Naito (and evil on the last night) to go get rainmaker'ed to death by our Golden God in the finals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

EVIL in purple with black background

loving awesome :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is the Darkness Club shirt in those colours? And if not, why not?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I submitted prediction via the form. I didn't map it all out via template first. I just decided who I liked for each match up. We'll see how terribly wrong I wind up!

I also didn't map it out, which means I didn't keep track of who had what points!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Not as ambitious as last year because this year is not the time to be overly ambitious... but because I'md starting fromn last year as my bar for ambition this is still wildly out of step with everyone elses.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What did you predict last year for Shingo main eventing the dome to be considered less ambitious?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What did you predict last year for Shingo main eventing the dome to be considered less ambitious?

Will Ospreay winning the G1 with two draws in the block stage (Okada v Ospreay and Okada v Ibushi). Ospreay and Ibushi tied with 13 points but Ospreay held the tie-breaker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Will Ospreay winning the G1 with two draws in the block stage (Okada v Ospreay and Okada v Ibushi). Ospreay and Ibushi tied with 13 points but Ospreay held the tie-breaker.

Lid likes to live dangerously :stare:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rarity posted:

It does not but anyone who fucks up the math will get a stern PM from me asking for corrections :hai:

Oh no I'm sorry I just clicked them and stopped thinking about the points after like 3 pages.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I made picks through the form. I've already forgotten most of my picks but I had Ishii going undefeated and winning the whole thing because that is going to happen

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The tiebreaker should've been "How many MOTYCs, HMs and WMOTYCS will Yujiro get" :colbert:

My predictions: 0, 2, 3.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Fentry posted:

I made picks through the form. I've already forgotten most of my picks but I had Ishii going undefeated and winning the whole thing because that is going to happen

sounds legit

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Feel free to laugh like hell at this.

Naito vs. SANADA was the toughest choice by far.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Though he wasn't my pick, I can't laugh at anybody who chose to BREATHE.... WITH THE SWITCHBLADE!

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Jay White is probably my current favorite wrestler in the world; he just does everything so well. I am super pre-disposed to guys who do a lot of talking/talking to the crowd, as to me it's a really important aspect to wrestling that a lot of promotions don't emphasize.

The only disappointment I had from going to the Dallas G1 last year was that he didn't have a singles match.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Power Windows posted:

Feel free to laugh like hell at this.

Naito vs. SANADA was the toughest choice by far.

holy poo poo lol

at a glance these are basically my brackets but yr yujiro win is somehow more ambitious :staredog:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
also geez did i not understand how points work. also for some reason even by my working understanding i gave yano too many points. ill try to rework that later if thats a thing that matters

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hellblazer187 posted:

I submitted prediction via the form. I didn't map it all out via template first. I just decided who I liked for each match up. We'll see how terribly wrong I wind up!

This is the exact same methodology I used! Hope I filled in the template correctly after.

ANYWAY HOLY EMPEROR VS COLD SKULL LET'S GO

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For anyone confused by my high score for Yujiro, I have a theory he'll be slotted into a tag title feud in the winter.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i think youll find yujiro is a better wrestler than like half of the goons posting itt

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

take the moon posted:

i think youll find yujiro is a better wrestler than like half of the goons posting itt

Then maybe the other half should be in the G1 :colbert:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Then maybe the other half should be in the G1 :colbert:

YOSHI-HASHI is already in the G1

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Honestly Rarity if you just want to save yourself some time and throw out my Juice Robinson winning the G1 entry it's fine.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Eh, I entered. I'm pretty sure I've gotten a lot of these matchups wrong, but my league tally looked like so:

I feel like I maybe underrated Juice and Ospreay in their respective blocks; but looking at the schedule, I felt like everything had to come down to Ibushi/Taichi in the last day of A Block, and SANADA/EVIL for B Block, and predicted accordingly.

I'm pretty sure either SANADA or EVIL (or both) will beat Naito in B Block to set up a potential title match before WK and add some potential drama. Almost certain they'll book EVIL dominantly, but have him just barely miss the finals when SANADA gets vengeance on him for betraying LIJ and absolutely demolishing his balls during the NJC semi-finals.

fake edit: forgot to fill in the result for Okada/Ospreay; I forgot what I put for my prediction form but I think Ospreay will win to set up a special singles match at WK, to help set up Ospreay as the top foreigner babyface and as a friendly rival for Okada.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: Important Math Note :siren:

A bunch of you screwed up your math (or I screwed up the math which is also definitely possible).

The following people please can you message me on Discord: Eat My Fuc, fadmonkey, Neodoomium, animeluva1, Artelier
The following people please check your PMs: HouseOfLeaves99, Schneider Heim

Sorry to the following people for calling you in the thread, I couldn't find anywhere else to contact you!

Hellblazer187, you gave me Switchblade over Tanahashi in the final but your picks math out Ibushi and KENTA. Would you like to change over to one of those two? Or would you rather I change your match picks to make those two fit?

take the moon, you gave me Switchblade over SANADA but your picks math out to Ospreay winning A block. Would you like to choose a new winner or have me fix the math?

Your Personal Muse, you gave me Ibushi winning A block but the math works out for Suzuki. Shall I take him as your A block pick or fix the math?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

take the moon, you gave me Switchblade over SANADA but your picks math out to Ospreay winning A block. Would you like to choose a new winner or have me fix the math?

man im glad im not the only one who did this. fix the math pls & ty

staying on top of this must be heckin effort its v appreciated