Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

victrix posted:

There a 'skip all this loving talking' button somewhere? Playing DLC with new chars seemed like a great idea until we realized our 4th weapon slot and artifact slot were locked behind several hours of main story.
You need to be able to switch characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'd enjoy bl2 and the presequel in the bl3 engine. Maybe remove the disturbing murder and torture audiologs that are totally inappropriate when the tone is usually wacky.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't remember who it was that mentioned falling asleep during the last boss fight of the DLC but man you are basically right. He is so slow and dumb but if you're out of position for one second you are dead when he does his big AOE thing.

I also finally got geared enough to try the Guardian takedown and lord is it rough! It reminded me alot of Vault of Glass from Destiny.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

victrix posted:

There a 'skip all this loving talking' button somewhere? Playing DLC with new chars seemed like a great idea until we realized our 4th weapon slot and artifact slot were locked behind several hours of main story.

Start a new dlc character (any dlc). Once you're in the game, go to the nearest fast-travel and return to Sanctuary. Do the current Promethea story mission and you unlock the artefact slot. Return to dlc.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Start a new dlc character (any dlc). Once you're in the game, go to the nearest fast-travel and return to Sanctuary. Do the current Promethea story mission and you unlock the artefact slot. Return to dlc.

Yeah we did that, the class item is mission 6, the other two are behind missions 10 and 16 in the main story :shepface:

We said fuckit and just kept playing the dlc. Missing the artifact is mildly annoying, missing the weapon slot is really annoying, but both less annoying than listening to the main story again.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Borderlands needs the option to start character with same progress as any existing character. I remember there was a glitch in BL2 where you could duplicate character progress into a new character.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Also needs the option to reset DLC progress independently from the main story progress.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
If I haven't played BL2, is it fine to go straight to 3 or should I do 2 first?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It's fine, nobody should play either for the story.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I still haven't played TVHM in this. Is there any point to play it given Normal more scales to your level and Mayhem exists? seems like just an extra mode for the hell of it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i cannot for the life of me find the bounty in blood heads.

lazerwolf posted:

I still haven't played TVHM in this. Is there any point to play it given Normal more scales to your level and Mayhem exists? seems like just an extra mode for the hell of it.

kind of what it is. it's also the only way to repeat missions (...by resetting your entire playthrough).

it also allows you to save quit from one mode, change to the mode where your character is in sanctuary to offload your inventory, and then switch back still at the checkpoint you saved at. occasionally convenient.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'd enjoy bl2 and the presequel in the bl3 engine. Maybe remove the disturbing murder and torture audiologs that are totally inappropriate when the tone is usually wacky.

Yes please. BL2 is still my favorite, so I would love to be able to play it in the vastly superior BL3 engine.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Rinkles posted:

i cannot for the life of me find the bounty in blood heads.

Ruiner drops them, but they're purple rarity and stupid rare. Farmed him for over 6 hours with no head drops for the first 4 hours and then I got 2 Fl4k heads in a row :shepicide:

Got Zane and Moze about 20 kills later, but be prepared for a very long farm if you want all three dlc3 heads. At least the krieg heads are blue rarity and fairly common

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Rinkles posted:

it also allows you to save quit from one mode, change to the mode where your character is in sanctuary to offload your inventory, and then switch back still at the checkpoint you saved at. occasionally convenient.

Alternately you can park your guy at a checkpoint for farming like Traunt, and when you get sick of it switch your mode to play other content until you can stomach farming Traunt again.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

For anyone else who wants instant slot unlocks: http://www.bl3editor.com/#/

Backup save, upload save, click classmod/artifact/weaponslot4, download save, rename, boom, done. All slots open, no need to play main story :neckbeard:

e: the third dlc isn't level scaling? :psyduck:

victrix fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 14, 2020

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

victrix posted:

For anyone else who wants instant slot unlocks: http://www.bl3editor.com/#/

Backup save, upload save, click classmod/artifact/weaponslot4, download save, rename, boom, done. All slots open, no need to play main story :neckbeard:

e: the third dlc isn't level scaling? :psyduck:

I've been hesitant to do that out of fear of the game breaking when it tries to give me those slots again. If that's not an issue then I know what I'm doing for every new character.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I popped in to ask...

I played this at launch and I have a ps4 not pro, and I had some pretty noticeable input lag. Never had it with either destiny or any other shooter I can think of. I think I even posted about it.

Has that been fixed/patched? I enjoyed the game and sort of got used? to the input lag, but it sucked and was non-prrsejt when I played it on my friend's pro.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I have an OG PS4 and there is occasional lag in situations where there is a ton going on but it's not that bad. Think it's gotten better although I'm usually just playing with 1-2 people. In a 4-player game with tons going on it might be different.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh I mean like, controller input. The first thing I noticed when I started playing was that I pressed forward and there was easily a half second delay.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I picked this up this week and tried playing Fl4K but the whole pet thing and his skill tree isn’t really clicking with me other than Fade Away being really good. That being said, are any of the others more simplistic from start to finish? Moze and Zane both seem more my style but I figured I’d ask before I re-do 6 hours of early game quests. Not that interested in Amara at a glance but open to being persuaded.

I don’t see myself grinding the endgame much if that matters, more just getting through the main game + some DLC, but who knows.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 14, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Saxophone posted:

Oh I mean like, controller input. The first thing I noticed when I started playing was that I pressed forward and there was easily a half second delay.

I have a Pro but I think I know what you mean.

Pro has a performance and resolution mode. The first has an unlocked frame rate, the second is supposed to be locked at 30. When I tried resolution mode I almost threw up because of the lag/frame pacing or whatever. It just felt awful. I haven't tested it recently to see if they improved it, sorry.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I have a Pro but I think I know what you mean.

Pro has a performance and resolution mode. The first has an unlocked frame rate, the second is supposed to be locked at 30. When I tried resolution mode I almost threw up because of the lag/frame pacing or whatever. It just felt awful. I haven't tested it recently to see if they improved it, sorry.

I don't want to have to reinstall this beast and find out it's still a thing but it looks like may have to.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Saxophone posted:

I noticed it really bad when playing THPS. Then I discovered that my TV has a "game mode" that reduced that input lag to zero. Worth checking to see if that is an option for you.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

I noticed it really bad when playing THPS. Then I discovered that my TV has a "game mode" that reduced that input lag to zero. Worth checking to see if that is an option for you.

Weird. And like, no other game I've played on ps4 has it, so it is uniquely a bl3 thing for me.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Are typhon dead drops still a once-per-character thing? For a while at least they wouldn't let you loot them again in tvhm and I'm wondering if that's still the case.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mazz posted:

So I picked this up this week and tried playing Fl4K but the whole pet thing and his skill tree isn’t really clicking with me other than Fade Away being really good. That being said, are any of the others more simplistic from start to finish? Moze and Zane both seem more my style but I figured I’d ask before I re-do 6 hours of early game quests. Not that interested in Amara at a glance but open to being persuaded.

I don’t see myself grinding the endgame much if that matters, more just getting through the main game + some DLC, but who knows.

You can start any character on the spaceship at level 10 I think so if you got that far or don't mind missing a little bit between where you are and there if you're not that far yet then you won't have to replay anything. Moze is pretty basic I'd say but I enjoyed her all the way through the game.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

thebardyspoon posted:

You can start any character on the spaceship at level 10 I think so if you got that far or don't mind missing a little bit between where you are and there if you're not that far yet then you won't have to replay anything. Moze is pretty basic I'd say but I enjoyed her all the way through the game.

You can what? How?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

You can what? How?

you need a dlc. the feature was added with dlc 2, not sure if it was retroactively added to dlc 1.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Ah. Of course. :cripes:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh god that's perfect since there's pretty much exactly where I stopped.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 15, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

It would appear that the input lag is gone!

:toot:

I'm in chapter.14 as ProZD, I mean Fl4k, and I have no clue how I should be speccdd anymore. Last time I played it was "shoot things in head with shotgun, laugh as thing melts when I reload" build

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

thebardyspoon posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea. This is a game changer. I picked FL4K for ProZDs voice work but I don’t like how he actually plays.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol, what on Earth were they thinking with the Locomobius's health-pool? I'm level 65 at M7, and even standing below it and mag-dumping a sniper rifle into one of its weak spots seems to barely shift its bar.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

lol, what on Earth were they thinking with the Locomobius's health-pool? I'm level 65 at M7, and even standing below it and mag-dumping a sniper rifle into one of its weak spots seems to barely shift its bar.

wait till you get to the final boss

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
So on the DLC level 13 thing, it looks like Moxxi's is the only one positively rated on Steam. Is it worth getting season pass for $40 or just Moxxi at $15? I'll note I kind of hate when I load into a new game with all the DLC and get like 15 event summons, so let me know if that's a thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mazz posted:

So on the DLC level 13 thing, it looks like Moxxi's is the only one positively rated on Steam. Is it worth getting season pass for $40 or just Moxxi at $15? I'll note I kind of hate when I load into a new game with all the DLC and get like 15 event summons, so let me know if that's a thing.

GLT is good (particularly if you like cosmic horror) and BOB is deece. You access DLC through quest markers in the game's hub area, which isn't super intrusive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

imo DLCs 1 through 3 were great, and 4 was passable. I'm happy with the season pass. But I'd only recommend it if you're enjoying the game, because it's just more of it.

Moxxi's is probably the stand out, but BoB and GLT might have it beat on atmosphere and setting.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 15, 2020

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Thanks, I'll probably just grab it all then since its 20% off the pass and not on sale individually.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 15, 2020

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
GL&T and BoB are worth it for the new guns if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

GL&T and BoB are worth it for the new guns if nothing else.

What survived the power creep? Last time I played, the Mayhem 6 and Cartel weapons obsoleted a lot of the Tentacles gear.