Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I've been trying to sell some ore for two days but there always a bunch of assholes that keep undercutting the prices by half with 100 litter orders. Really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
e: beta invite sent

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 4, 2020

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I've got a small Org in game if anyone wants to join.
Clovis Space Solutions.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

LumberingTroll posted:

Clovis Space Solutions.

I loving hate CSS.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

LumberingTroll posted:

Clovis Space Solutions.

I'll add you guys to the OP

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Also, who wants to team up and buy the territory on the lateral sides of the crater on Feli and build giant arms and hands holding the crater open Goatse style?

Its just begging for it.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://twitter.com/nmchro/status/1302480507138125824

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
that Dodgin guy sounds like a bad apple

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

that Dodgin guy sounds like a bad apple

he sounds like a cupcake

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1cNnkuCvc

come kill idiots with me that can't do basic math and also design starships

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Oh man people are going to be easy to roll in this. They don't really understand how any of it works and most of them are using plastic honeycomb to make their ships hah.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Are they literally using the wrong materials, or is this another case of efficient borg cubes being the best pvp design?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

Are they literally using the wrong materials, or is this another case of efficient borg cubes being the best pvp design?

Most people make their ships from aluminum because its the least used and most excess t1 material, or plastic for colors (neat!). Coincidentally, its also awful armor.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Got a Goon TM jetsled, got to goon space port and didn't blow up. It drives like rear end and I pilot like double rear end so really proud I didn't splode nothing!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

FireWhizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1cNnkuCvc

come kill idiots with me that can't do basic math and also design starships

brilliant, makes me want to play and smash cubes into people

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

Space overlord of an awful French community. You can have my couch in Deklein everyday.
Internal conclusion announcement of these few days of 'beta' testing from the french goon related organization (FrogSwarm) :
---------------------------------------------
As we thought month ago when they announced it, Dual Universe is definitely not a Beta, but an Alpha in disguise for cash grab since they have a very tight budget and have now 2 studios to milk. You even can see in the login page they have still core system to implement... We will deplore a lot of problems in terms of :
- stability
- database design
- backend design
- infrastructure
- OCS
- eve skills worst design
- some unfriendly game design

When they stop the server, the user database is also unreachable, like wtf, leaving in the mouth an aftertaste of amateurism right now. We will have to let this project mature and give them time, for the moment it clearly does not reach your game standard.

Until further notice: Dual Universe declared non-viable
Note: they are doing worse than Star Citizen, loving good achievement!

On the other hand open to test so don't hesitate to get started in the gameplay "wait for the server to reboot because 2 hours of maintenance 4 times a day" you'll see it's super fun :psyboom:

More seriously, some of our industry enthusiasts are testing the production / factory / how to make money101 mechanics. So join them if you have access or beta key. FYI, we will distribute beta keys when we can do it on an already existing account, because yes you understand, our friends at NQ just didn't thought that we would eventually want to give beta keys to existing accounts. 'not having backed yet'... So it currently works only with the creation of a new account with the key ... Wait eh ... Amat .. what did he say? Anyway... :ughh:

That said, the game is promising. However we have some concerns about PvP. Atm even with the most unsafe systems you can only fight a 500km above the surface and not even on the planet. Clearly everything is too early.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
What is it that makes the game promising? You seem to have only bad things to say...

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Huckert posted:

What is it that makes the game promising? You seem to have only bad things to say...

It's an MMO Empyrion with Factorio strapped on top.

So if you're into that sort of thing - it's the only game that checks all the boxes.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Silmerias posted:

On the other hand open to test so don't hesitate to get started in the gameplay "wait for the server to reboot because 2 hours of maintenance 4 times a day" you'll see it's super fun :psyboom:

I agree with some of the concerns there but this is exaggerated bullshit and I can only think of one day since early beta that was that bad and the last week has been very good since the patch.

Also LOL at comparing this to Star Citizen, at least this is a playable game on "beta" release.

It is definitely an alpha still though.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Silmerias posted:

Internal conclusion announcement of these few days of 'beta' testing from the french goon related organization (FrogSwarm) :
As we thought month ago when they announced it, Dual Universe is definitely not a Beta, but an Alpha in disguise for cash grab since they have a very tight budget and have now 2 studios to milk. You even can see in the login page they have still core system to implement... We will deplore a lot of problems in terms of :
- stability
- database design
- backend design
- infrastructure
- OCS
- eve skills worst design
- some unfriendly game design

When they stop the server, the user database is also unreachable, like wtf, leaving in the mouth an aftertaste of amateurism right now. We will have to let this project mature and give them time, for the moment it clearly does not reach your game standard.

Until further notice: Dual Universe declared non-viable
Note: they are doing worse than Star Citizen, loving good achievement!

More seriously, some of our industry enthusiasts are testing the production / factory / how to make money101 mechanics. So join them if you have access or beta key. FYI, we will distribute beta keys when we can do it on an already existing account, because yes you understand, our friends at NQ just didn't thought that we would eventually want to give beta keys to existing accounts. 'not having backed yet'... So it currently works only with the creation of a new account with the key ... Wait eh ... Amat .. what did he say? Anyway... :ughh:

That said, the game is promising. However we have some concerns about PvP. Atm even with the most unsafe systems you can only fight a 500km above the surface and not even on the planet. Clearly everything is too early.

Thank you for your constructive post Dual Universe J4G Silmerias. I would have to disagree - the server stability has improved significantly over the last 2.5 weeks imo.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

Thank you for your constructive post-Dual Universe J4G Silmerias.

I think the J4G joined to spy our secrets, clearly laid out in code in the forums.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

My enjoyment of this game greatly increased when I stopped using a hovercraft and started using a plane. I don't know why hovercraft are a thing....

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tempus Thales posted:

I think the J4G joined to spy our secrets, clearly laid out in code in the forums.

Silmerias has been around for many years. I have no idea why he has an Aug 2020 account. But his criticisms of the game are valid (although the stability concerns are largely resolved as of now). The game honestly needs a lot more work before it is anything but a fancy building sandbox.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

My enjoyment of this game greatly increased when I stopped using a hovercraft and started using a plane. I don't know why hovercraft are a thing....

You must have defeated the true enemy, trees!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Munkeylord posted:

You must have defeated the true enemy, trees!

They turned collision with trees off. I hope it stays off. During the stress test it was on and just made traveling as a hovercraft noob absolutely tedious.

Game also seems to run a lot better now than before.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I really hope they expand the LUA capabilities with industry soon. Just being able to get container info and get industry unit info would be great.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Harminoff posted:

I really hope they expand the LUA capabilities with industry soon. Just being able to get container info and get industry unit info would be great.

I would suck dick for a LUA script that could change recipes on upstream production based on crate content.

IE low on this alloy? Change smeleter to make it. Rather than having a bunch of smelters set on maintaining the quantity.

And before anyone wonders if you can do that - the answer is that there is currently no way to flip recipes with lua

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 15, 2020

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

FileNotFound posted:

I would suck dick for a LUA script that could change recipes on upstream production based on crate content.

IE low on this alloy? Change smelter to make it. Rather than having a bunch of smelters set on maintaining the quantity.

And before anyone wonders if you can do that - the answer is that there is currently no way to flip recipes with lua

Exactly.

Like, in order to get stats of a container the only info you can get its weight. So if you want to get a count of an item you have to have each container have a different item, and then do the math to figure out.

If you need to use the metalworks in two stages of building something, you can just say creat 100x screws and then feed those back in to make the next part, you have to either watch it and do it manually, or have a chain of metalwork industry set up.

You pretty much have to make way more units of everything just to operate. Even starting out, just having one smelter is a pain in the rear end so you need at least 3.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Harminoff posted:

Exactly.

Like, in order to get stats of a container the only info you can get its weight. So if you want to get a count of an item you have to have each container have a different item, and then do the math to figure out.

If you need to use the metalworks in two stages of building something, you can just say creat 100x screws and then feed those back in to make the next part, you have to either watch it and do it manually, or have a chain of metalwork industry set up.

You pretty much have to make way more units of everything just to operate. Even starting out, just having one smelter is a pain in the rear end so you need at least 3.

The appeal of being able to LUA it would be the ability to stuff it all into an S sized grid.

I have a dream of a factory ship but it's non viable with the current industrial flow being rigid and requiring massive redundant industries due to lack of inventory managment.

I can see why they don't have it added and may never add it.

LUA seems to constantly result in forum drama with people whining about how it puts programmers at an unfair advantage while others demand more functionality.

If you could create a LUA driven production line it'd make people lose their poo poo. "Assembler set to make L container? Adjust all upstream production to queue the components." wouldn't be that hard to code if you could read and set recipes.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
One thing to note though is that I'm pretty sure the LUA code is client side, so you wouldn't be able to just create a script to automate it all and walk away. You'd have to have someone there for the script to run off of.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Sadly the industry API is not much more useful than on/off commands. You can use this to restart things to fix the server bugs, which is nice.

You can also check container masses if you know whats in them if its just 1 thing.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Harminoff posted:

One thing to note though is that I'm pretty sure the LUA code is client side, so you wouldn't be able to just create a script to automate it all and walk away. You'd have to have someone there for the script to run off of.

Yeah - but that's the ideal dream - player walk up to assembler, says I want this - rest of the factory inputs adjust to make required components.

Player still has to set the recipe of the final product but the line adjust and stays on that product until recipe is changed. That's what I really want to do.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Harminoff posted:

Wire up a programming board to a state holder like a switch, then have that switch be activated by a detection zone. It will stay loaded as long as someones in render range and be able to change hands.

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

Space overlord of an awful French community. You can have my couch in Deklein everyday.

Nalin posted:

Silmerias has been around for many years. I have no idea why he has an Aug 2020 account. But his criticisms of the game are valid (although the stability concerns are largely resolved as of now). The game honestly needs a lot more work before it is anything but a fancy building sandbox.

Pretty simple, because from 2006 to 2010 as T C F alliance leader I was not a goon but a French ally. I always had hesitations to join SA because I felt illegitimate since I'm French and not a former goon. I also didn't knew if we were going to stay close friends as we were in Eve-O and / or play together. Then we met again for Star Citizen and became allied, same in Albion Online and finally again in Eve Echoes. Before answering to the Horn of Goondor in Eve-O, Eve Echoes goons finally convinced me (under heavy torture) after so many years to create an SA account. So I did it, this is the reason of this 2020 account. So yeah, you guys have the right to call me J4G and spy, I deserve it since I should have created it years ago.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
While mining in a planet far out, we found Spank's Goatse

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

It's riddled with bugs and sploits - still very alpha. It's a fun game though and a novel thing to poke with a stick.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FireWhizzle posted:

a novel thing to poke with a stick.

Especially the mods in their discord.... #freedodgin

Silmerias
Aug 19, 2020

At least the most rated feature is usable !

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Silmerias posted:

At least the most rated feature is usable !

They have a crack team of people that they are going to pay CAD/Euro to search for, evaluate, and delete your space dongs. This is reasonable and within any company's budget of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FireWhizzle posted:

They have a crack team of people that they are going to pay CAD/Euro to search for, evaluate, and delete your space dongs. This is reasonable and within any company's budget of course.

That is very obviously a moon dong, not a space dong.