Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I know a big reason to not do this is because it's rude, but isn't another reason that some VTubers are from different companies? Like, could Pikamee even crossover with Hololive or is it not allowed?

Vtubers collaborate with the "competition" all the time, including the two giants, Hololive and Nijisanji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Captain Cappy posted:

Vtubers collaborate with the "competition" all the time, including the two giants, Hololive and Nijisanji.
Ah cool, didn't know. Thought it might be like a Vocaloid/non-Vocaloid situation.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
yeah pikamee played project winter with suisei and choco from hololive, kagura mea who's independant and some other vtubers I don't know

(she tried to kill suisei and mea in the worst thought out 1v2 ever of all time)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Space Flower posted:

good fuckin' repost mate

bitch im gonna kick your rear end

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

Ah cool, didn't know. Thought it might be like a Vocaloid/non-Vocaloid situation.

Hololive has a no collab rule for at least a month.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Gura did sing Ride on Time entirely in Japanese tho. Course she could have just memorized it phonetically.

Japanese pronunciation really isn't that difficult to learn well IMO. You can do a very convincing performance off a romaji lyrics sheet without understanding a single word.

Mazerunner posted:

yeah pikamee played project winter with suisei and choco from hololive, kagura mea who's independant and some other vtubers I don't know

(she tried to kill suisei and mea in the worst thought out 1v2 ever of all time)

Still no Pika/Coco collab is there? Maybe also throw Hana Macchia in there, just to add one more agency to the mix.

Willias posted:

Hololive has a no collab rule for at least a month.

Yeah new members can't collab with old members until they've been there a month. Members of the same generation/sub-franchise can always collab.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

It's funny to me that even though there seems to be an iron curtain between some of the Hololivers and any boys, Fubuki is out here bringing her Hitachi to her collab with one of the Holostars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjd49ljyMfY

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The Roberu and Matsuri collab is also great for similar reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7R9GIE7FQM

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well I think I know of one collab that's happening in the future: https://youtu.be/0gY2psI1Oyg

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Are there any male VTubers out there who speaks decent English? I watched some of the Fall Guys stream Pikamee did with the Nijisanji pair but I genuinely could barely understand 10% of what the guy was saying. I'm sure part of that was the chaos of being on a 3-person stream but still.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Pokimane is streaming with a virtual avatar. The avatar is 3D and super scuffed. I don’t think she qualifies for this but I guess vtubing is getting more popular in the west.

EDIT: It’s a bit surreal seeing Hololive EN videos with JP subtitles floating around on YouTube because I’m so used to it being the other way around. I’m happy to see the Hololive fans supporting each other to support the girls.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 13, 2020

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

Are there any male VTubers out there who speaks decent English? I watched some of the Fall Guys stream Pikamee did with the Nijisanji pair but I genuinely could barely understand 10% of what the guy was saying. I'm sure part of that was the chaos of being on a 3-person stream but still.

I know of two who have streamed with girldm; one is CableOW and the other is @nemurenai_kai

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So we have three native speakers and 2 ESL, right? Calliope is obviously an English native, and I'm almost positive Amelia is too, but I'm not sure with Gura. I can't if it's cause she's native, she's that good at English, or her character masks her mistakes. At the same time, Calliope also seems the worst at Japanese, roughly comparable to me after a year and a half studying in college.

Calliope seems like the only native speaker to me idk

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I loved Calliope's rap, and there's more content out there like it. She put a hint to it at the end of her debut song.

Just don't be super open about it, like the people in the youtube comments

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

RubberLuffy posted:

She put a hint to it at the end of her debut song.

Holy poo poo, I didn't even notice but it's right there.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

thanks reddit

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Does anyone know the tetris game in this video?
https://youtu.be/5zwY50-necw

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Right off the bat, I'm glad Amelia is talking more "normal" today.
Like full sentences instead of "I'm a detective, *giggle* 'ello govnar I'm Bri'ish"

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tabletops posted:

I think it's Tetris 99, I think it added a regular solo/2P option.

e:Never mind, those are team modes in the regular battle royale format

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 14, 2020

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

JazzFlight posted:

Right off the bat, I'm glad Amelia is talking more "normal" today.
Like full sentences instead of "I'm a detective, *giggle* 'ello govnar I'm Bri'ish"

Yeah it felt like there was a lot of nervous energy/caffeine in the debuts yesterday.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Considering that Amelia literally cannot remember her debut stream...

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1305087093891162113?s=20

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Probably for the best, in retrospect :gonk:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Tabletops posted:

tetris online poland

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivAXPEpklzo

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I love watching Suisei play Tetris. Also, Amelia is much calmer than her debut, which is cool. I wonder if the only reason we got Waachama was because of sleep deprivation.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Lol the thumbnail for her stream is certainly invoking hachama

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In the beginning of this stream she claims that she mixed up the dates and thought that she'd be debuting today (only realized it like a day before). Probably had to scramble and got nervous about having to rush the prep.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So she’s a filthy sniper main. I know some of the other girls play Apex, but I don’t know if anyone but Amelia plays Valorant/CS:GO. She’s certainly not terrible at them.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I have not played Valorant, but is it common to use Counterstrike terms with it, because she's using a lot of CS terms when playing.

e: Nevermind she just confirmed she's put 1500 hours into CS:GO.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

1500 CS:GO hours!? Jesus Christ, she’s a Gamer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

"i can't surf in csgo i dont know how" WORST GIRL CONFIRMED

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

jimmydalad posted:

1500 CS:GO hours!? Jesus Christ, she’s a Gamer.

For comparison, I've been playing CS:GO casually on and off since it existed and I've only got 900 hours.

I also can't surf :negative:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

SpartanIvy posted:

I have not played Valorant, but is it common to use Counterstrike terms with it, because she's using a lot of CS terms when playing.

e: Nevermind she just confirmed she's put 1500 hours into CS:GO.

it's exactly counter strike with powers bolted on so yeah

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Prob gonna tapout of the stream just cuz I'm not so interested in Valorant/CS gameplay, but she's wayyyyyyy better today than yesterday.

Looking forward to the shark and Maneater gameplay in a bit.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
She mentioned playing Garrysmod and that's a stream I would watch. Garrysmod loving rules.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

The fact those of her teammates has the name “I steal and eat kids” :allears:.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

jimmydalad posted:

I know some of the other girls play Apex, but I don’t know if anyone but Amelia plays Valorant/CS:GO.at them.

A few of the JP girls play Valorant, I've seen Ayame playing it a bunch of times. I don't think any of them play CS.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Amelia is the Queen of background noise between lip smacking, dog barking, and her A/C unit turning on.

e: This map design is loving awful

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Looks like she may be US based? I can't tell if she's on jp or not but all the players have relatively normal western names I guess. And her pings in the 40 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Her luck in having her first two games have enemy DC’s so she auto wins. Max luck in action.