Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

bird with big dick posted:

Not really costco related but these are the three best instant noodles (only one is technically ramen)(the Laksa doesn't have microwave instructions you have to cook it in a pan)(the prices are probably bad especially for the Myojo, they go up and down a lot)
https://www.amazon.com/Prima-Taste-Laksa-Mian-185g/dp/B00B5NOQ74/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=laksa+la+mian&qid=1600010730&sr=8-5
https://www.amazon.com/NongShim-Shin-Black-Noodle-Spicy/dp/B017IRZLKQ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=shin+black+ramen&qid=1600010817&sr=8-3
https://www.amazon.com/Myojo-Ippeic...00010880&sr=8-3

Where is Indomie Mi Goreng on this list? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Doodles posted:

From what the other fellow was saying, sounds more like four different manufacturers.

They were all small items that are carried at all warehouses and 3 of them were Kirkland products :shrug:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

testifeye posted:

My Costco (Washington) brought samples back! All items in single packages: nutella crepes, gogurt, and chocolate covered cherries. All staff in these little plastic pods. I know samples are controversial but it did make my little heart flutter.

The chocolate covered cherries are my favorite! Now if they would also bring back the wasabi covered almonds...

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The dark chocolate covered pretzel thins are pure evil. Trader Joe’s wished they sold something that addicting. That bag gets demolished in like a week.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

david_a posted:

The dark chocolate covered pretzel thins are pure evil. Trader Joe’s wished they sold something that addicting. That bag gets demolished in like a week.

but trader joe's does sell dark chocolate covered pretzel thins? they're probably the same manufacturer tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

but trader joe's does sell dark chocolate covered pretzel thins? they're probably the same manufacturer tbh

Yeah I was just gonna say that.

They are real good.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Nohearum posted:

Brah

These bad boys are noodle king

When I go to the store I just grab the whole carton off the shelf and throw it in the cart.

They have like the perfect heat level to where it’d be painful to a spice noob but comforting to a pepper person.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 13, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you scroll so that only the top of these containers are showing, they look like hot dogs

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Brah

When I go to the store I just grab the whole carton off the shelf and throw it in the cart.

They have like the perfect heat level to where it’d be painful to a spice noob but comforting to a pepper person.

I used to enjoy the regular red ones as a step up over the Styrofoam cups or basic 0.25c packs but the vegetables were never fully hydrated/cooked all the way no matter what I tried.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nohearum posted:

yeah, theyd be 4th

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bum the Sad posted:

Brah

those are bad

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

crankybastard posted:

I spent $700 at Costco two days ago.

Please tell me what PBUC means.

I am an old.

it means congrats on your new set of tires

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Praise Be Unto Costco (The church)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Those Nongshim Blacks are dope. Both in cup and packet form. Latter is better.

Finally tried the Nongshim Tonkatsu bowl. The noodles were a bit weak and I had to toss in some extra heat, but would get again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Maybe this is heresy but what is the worst thing you've bought at Costco?

I tried these and was so disappointed I threw most of them away rather then try to eat them.

The instead was dry and almost tasteless, the pastry outside crumbled and flaked like a stale croissant, and trying to warm them up in the microwave to soften them just made it worse. Each pie being like 400 calories was also enough for me to pass on them 100%.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pentyne posted:

Maybe this is heresy but what is the worst thing you've bought at Costco?

Some kind of frozen chicken burrito bowl thing. I’m not sure I even finished the first one I tried. Just gross.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Frozen pork "street tacos" that were completely flavorless. They were supposed to be full of hatch chili sauce too!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
shut up idiot

pentyne posted:

I used to enjoy the regular red ones as a step up over the Styrofoam cups or basic 0.25c packs but the vegetables were never fully hydrated/cooked all the way no matter what I tried.
Yeah thats true but the appeal of this one is the spice mix is really good

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

crankybastard posted:

I spent $700 at Costco two days ago.

Please tell me what PBUC means.

I am an old.

It's a parody of PBUH

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
On my last trip, bought a 24 pack of little hand sanitizer bottles. They have aloe in them. The aloe makes your hands sticky after using it. Sticky is the opposite of how I want to feel after sanitizing my hands. I regret this Costco purchase. Thank you for your time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

fischtick posted:

On my last trip, bought a 24 pack of little hand sanitizer bottles. They have aloe in them. The aloe makes your hands sticky after using it. Sticky is the opposite of how I want to feel after sanitizing my hands. I regret this Costco purchase. Thank you for your time.

Yeah I got like 2 liters of GermX in May and it’s the same. It sucks compared to Purell.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I just had the last of the zucchini spirals I bought last year. Very disappointing, I thought it was going to be enough for two per pack as an entree with sauce but each was a bit too much for one but no enough for two. Worked OK as a side dish.

Half of the Edison style LED bulbs I bought died in under a year.

We bought some seaweed snacks that I never even tried and my wife hated.

Sometimes we get things that my wife hates but I eat thru it. Few real disappointments over the years for us.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Bought the Costco mushroom chips I've been eyeing for months every time I'm at the 'co. They taste like dry ramen noodles but in mushroom shapes. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but disappointment is what I'm feeling now.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
They brought the chicken bakes back, but I got the last stale one and chunked it after taking two bites.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Overdrift posted:

Bought the Costco mushroom chips I've been eyeing for months every time I'm at the 'co. They taste like dry ramen noodles but in mushroom shapes. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but disappointment is what I'm feeling now.

i almost put one of these in my cart last week. i love mushies but yeah not sure im about that dried salted mushroom life

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Overdrift posted:

Those are great

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

david_a posted:

Some kind of frozen chicken burrito bowl thing. I’m not sure I even finished the first one I tried. Just gross.

Oh yeah these were bad.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Overdrift posted:

They look like mushrooms covered in sand.

My wife "likes" (I think she's just being nice) the aloe-filled hand sanitizer, so we swapped and now I have Champagne Toast in my car again. It's from Bath & Body Works, I think. It smells like neither Champagne nor Toast, and has like confetti in it, but it sanitizes without being sticky. It also smells like the inside of my nana's purse, but I'll take it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Overdrift posted:

lol yeah i bought a pack of these too. i put out a few in a bowl any time i have people over and every time they're still there at the end of the night. they're not *bad* per se but they're just.... eh

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What’s the difference between the USDA Prime and Choice beef? And what cuts are the disciples buying these days? Tenderloin, New York? Looking to buy less meat (for the dumb environment), but better quality when we do get it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fischtick posted:

All the cheap poo poo companies started putting out is either super slimy or super liquidy. The stuff the breweries distribute smells so strongly of liquor you're guaranteed to have a bad time if you get pulled over after using it.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

poisonpill posted:

What’s the difference between the USDA Prime and Choice beef? And what cuts are the disciples buying these days? Tenderloin, New York? Looking to buy less meat (for the dumb environment), but better quality when we do get it.

USDA prime is higher quality than choice. It goes prime, choice, select, utility, and water blasted beef carcass, which is what they use at Taco Bell. I just picked up a prime brisket and chuck today at church.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

Prime is better marbled, and usually worth the bump in price. I like NY strips, they hit a nice middle ground for me for flavor and tenderness.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
The other week my 'stco had some 'salted egg fish skins' snack - they're salmon skins, evidently. Picked a bag up on a whim. The first bite was strange, but from the second bite on, I've loved it. Very filling snack too.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

I personally buy the NY Strip Loins, Prime. You CAN taste the difference. Choice is acceptable to me when they are out of Prime (not infrequent), I just season it more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

poisonpill posted:

Only eat Prime, nothing else is worth it.
Meat is a loving awful scourge for everyone and everything involved, BUT it tastes wicked good. Only eat the best stuff, and as a treat.
We eat Prime New York strip about once a month and it's fantastic every time.

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Praise Be Unto Costco

I go to church every week.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

Not really costco related but these are the three best instant noodles (only one is technically ramen)(the Laksa doesn't have microwave instructions you have to cook it in a pan)(the prices are probably bad especially for the Myojo, they go up and down a lot)
https://www.amazon.com/Prima-Taste-Laksa-Mian-185g/dp/B00B5NOQ74/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=laksa+la+mian&qid=1600010730&sr=8-5
https://www.amazon.com/NongShim-Shin-Black-Noodle-Spicy/dp/B017IRZLKQ/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=shin+black+ramen&qid=1600010817&sr=8-3
https://www.amazon.com/Myojo-Ippeic...00010880&sr=8-3

Nongshim Shin Black is a staple in my house. Usually pick it up by the case at a local asian market. It's so good.

crankybastard
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

it means congrats on your new set of tires

Haha. No. Trunk and back seat full of meat, snacks and booze. Just in time for hurricane Sally.
:shudder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

KakerMix posted:

Only eat Prime, nothing else is worth it.
Meat is a loving awful scourge for everyone and everything involved, BUT it tastes wicked good. Only eat the best stuff, and as a treat.
We eat Prime New York strip about once a month and it's fantastic every time.

I do the same thing, I bought two packs of three Prime steaks this week, split into two each and freeze them. We have them for Sunday dinner about once a month and it's spoiled me for any other store bought steak.