Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

ds really is a kind of more focused advanced botw. botw2 really could take some lessons from ds, least, i can dream they do.

rain is a good example. in botw, rain basically just sucks. it limits what you can do, without really offering an alternate way to do what you want in it. Just decreases verticality anywhere it is currently raining. You can wander off to go do something else instead, but like, if you ran over yonder specifically to get the the top of whatever for the view and sweet base jumping point, doesn't do you any good to just not be able to get up there till rain is gone. It's not really a challenge or interesting problem.

In DS, there's an inherent risk and danger in rain. It's increased pressure and a difficulty modifier on how terrain and movement work. It adds a challenge and tension to rainy areas, you can do anything you do out in the rain, but if you're actually on a delivery or otherwise are needing your load to not disintegrate from timefall, you need to be quick and efficient about doing it.

It also helps durability makes sense in-universe and mechanically. It adds something to the task of delivery, gives you a reason to be conscious of it besides "losing your toy." BotW weapon durability only makes sense knowing they're trying to force the players to always be switching up weapons and approaches, instead of using just he master sword or some other specific weapon type they prefer. In-universe it's like, I guess everyone who has ever made a weapon is just a poo poo blacksmith working with low quality metal? There's also not really a resource or consideration about it, you have unlimited free energy in the form of magic, carrying a handful of full-health roasted whatevers, infinite leisure time to save the world or not. It just doesn't really mesh with anything else in the game naturally, because it isn't natural, just an inelegant way to encourage different weapon use.

BotW2 should also include positive supportive NPCs and messages from other players via koroks.

I also request BotW2 have the seven sages initially locked behind a dungeon, you beat the puzzles and boss and can meet them to help them connect to rebuild Hyrule.

the other really really important difference is botw gives you basically all the main tools you use at the start, and there are not very many. there is no progression at all outside of the beast moves and really only the jump one actually changes how you get around. because of this its never rewarding to do all the side stuff either, you get chests which have nothing of worth in ever outside of like that one set of shrines that gives you the climbing outfit, and you get inventory/hp/stam upgrades.

ds there is not only a clear forward progression of what sam can do it never stops, and doing extra deliveries to level up the different people gives you new items and tangible upgrades. its honestly been wild how many tools you get, i thought i was at the end of getting new stuff cos im pushing into the end of the game but im not, i just got another 2 new tools i didnt have at all. also the way the world is designed is so intelligent, the first area is obviously arranged for on foot, you get a bike at the end of it then go off to the main section where your mobility and carrying capacity just keeps growing and growing until you get up to the mountains and suddenly all the tools youd been unlocking but not making a huge amount of use of bcos of the truck and the roads come back because you need to go back to doing things on foot, and in a harder environment as well. ive made the entire area zipline heaven it owns.

and most importantly it has the shield surfing with the cargo carrier but it doesnt just demolish the thing instantly, its fun and they know its fun and so they let you do it as much as you want. and flipping the open world towers around so you have the map already and the new contacts just unlock the online stuff owns, much more intelligent use of it and its actually integrated into the game, youre not having to trek off to some random tower, you just unlock the stuff as you deliver your goods. and the online part is really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also death strandings environment design is just incredible and gorgeous, just wandering around taking photos for hours whhat a game

edit: and the music, both the external stuff and the stuff made for the game, just fantastic choices. perfect timing and placements.

Stux fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 13, 2020

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Khanstant posted:

BotW2 should also include positive supportive NPCs and messages from other players via koroks.
"Hey, my name's Link too!" *thumbs up*

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
more like death stranding me in great game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Relax Or DIE posted:

more like death stranding me in great game

:hmmyes:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i forgot as well when something breaks, you just make a new one, and you dont have to go out for resources to do it. the only time you have to actively get resources is if you want to do stuff like rebuild all the roads. for just making ladders and weapons and whatever else you just print a new one. the durability has an effect on deliveries but doesnt involve annoying micromanagement to keep using stuff you have fun with.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even for roads, the process of gathering the resources is just a logistics problem of driving a truck to where the resources are and taking them where you need them

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Getting prepped to raid MULE camps rules. MGSV vibes. You aren't Big Boss but you have a lot of fun tools available if you can be bothered. grenades, decoys, parrying, or just hitting them with their own cars. steal their poo poo and peel out on a motorbike.

one of those things you'd hear about in these things called magazines...

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
gathering and moving resources around to make the roads was one of my favorite parts of the game, too

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ive been watching cohncarnage playing the amalur remake and man what a loving scam this rerelease is. besides some minor difficulty tweaks they changed absolutely nothing

also the game bugged out and became unfinishable at some point, and the devs had to fix his save file lmao

babypolis fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 14, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

might bail on wasteland 3. it's a pretty good game just packed with minor irritations that make me not want to engage with it, not least of all the load times being glacial even on an ssd. combined with gotcha poo poo like traps and lots of having to run between screens a lot, it feels like it's a chore to drag the game to the part where you can actually play it. I think it'll be real solid once they patch it for a year or so.

What gotcha traps? I don't think I ran into a single trap my chars didn't instantly spot. I could disarm 95% of them too and the rest were easily avoided.

Completely agree with the insane loading times though.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

drat y’all are making me want to buy Death Stranding for PC. I loved it so much on PS4 and now I have a 1440p monitor. But I should wait until it is on sale

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

babypolis posted:

ive been watching cohncarnage playing the amalur remake and man what a loving scam this rerelease is. besides some minor difficulty tweaks they changed absolutely nothing

also the game bugged out and became unfinishable at some point, and the devs had to fix his save file lmao

How much did it cost Rhode Island this time?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

I knew something felt wrong about that game and especially the overworld wandering. Like a sense of "why am I doing things this way?"

Now I'm slightly annoyed 'cause I'm way out of refund territory :mad:

I just wanna say that the 2 hour rule isn't a hard-and-fast Steam refund rule. If you explain why in the little comment box they give you, they might refund you still. I think that demoing cut content in the game's trailer is pretty solid grounding, considering you'd need to actually play the game to find that out

Also Death Stranding is very fun and people should give it a try. Don't go into it expecting MGS2 and you'll probably think the story is meh but not as actively bad as most people do. The game's subtext is also really cool and honestly, if I'm reading it right (which of course I think I am), kind of sad.

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 14, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

I bought disgaea 1 and 2, I beat 1 before on the ps2 but I wanna play it again with the ability to load up cheat engine to deal with any grindy parts of the game. What's everyone else up to?

May 8, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

What gotcha traps? I don't think I ran into a single trap my chars didn't instantly spot. I could disarm 95% of them too and the rest were easily avoided.

Completely agree with the insane loading times though.

there were a couple where like, i turned a corner and hit a mine - usually my guys spotted them pretty quick but once in a while i just got got

also if i missed an auto-pause on trap sighted option ala BG that's on me

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Relax Or DIE posted:

there were a couple where like, i turned a corner and hit a mine - usually my guys spotted them pretty quick but once in a while i just got got

also if i missed an auto-pause on trap sighted option ala BG that's on me

You didn't but that would be a nice QOL option. Maybe a separate pause option for the hidden piles of loot too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello

I bought disgaea 1 and 2, I beat 1 before on the ps2 but I wanna play it again with the ability to load up cheat engine to deal with any grindy parts of the game. What's everyone else up to?

After an hour and a half fighting with Windows audio software I’m ready to start LPing King’s Field: The Ancient City, and I’m having a beer and playing Mother 3. :toot:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did you actually start Ancient City yet because if you haven't, I must recommend that you check out Shadow Tower on the PS1 first as an evolution of the KF formula and the introduction of some mechanics that are brought over to Ancient City.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My bluetooth connector came in and my PS4 controller synced with it totally fine, I had no disconnect issues until like 30 minutes in where stuttering caused me to walk off of an edge in Fall Guys

I've been trying to think of a portfolio project to work on for like the last week since I finished my last one but not thinking and instead marathoning video games has been much easier

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The world needs King’s Field remakes more than it needs Demon’s Souls or a Bloodborne remakes

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you actually start Ancient City yet because if you haven't, I must recommend that you check out Shadow Tower on the PS1 first as an evolution of the KF formula and the introduction of some mechanics that are brought over to Ancient City.

Just finished it actually! The OP needs updating for the thread but we’ve been through KF1, 2, 3, and Shadow Tower so far, Ancient City’s next, and I’m gonna try livestreaming some of the original Armored Core if I can get streaming working well enough.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Honestly VR King's Field would be a really cool way to re-experience the genre. The idea of getting lost in a maze is a lot more real when you're actually inside of it. Plus, it would compensate for a lot of the technical limitations of the games that you wouldn't be able to alter, like the narrow hallway layout

....................gently caress a VR dungeon crawler would actually be pretty cool

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello

I haven't played Eve-Online in awhile and am looking up PvE fits for running security missions but am having trouble finding stuff.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I’m glad everyone likes Death Stranding. It was really good even after the wild pre-release marketing hype.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So I am thinking that making mayo at home is not worth the effort. Maybe if I had a stick blender but that is too narrow of a tool for me. The cleanup with a regular blender and the extra effort to do it by hand... I think I'm just gonna pay extra for a jar of stuff I can't really tell that much of a difference anyway lol

(I made another BLT -- well more like a BTEC (Bacon Tomato Egg and Cheese) and it was really good regardless. The mayo did help in the end)

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 14, 2020

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

BoTW2 add the Death Stranding call and response button, but use the Cartoon Link voice.

“Hey, how about a kiss?”
“Well, Excuuuuuuuse me!”

May 8, 2006

eorzea is one of my favorite fantasy world names because it has weird mouthfeel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Relax Or DIE posted:

eorzea is one of my favorite fantasy world names because it has weird mouthfeel

Get a choir to sing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g7-j179qtE&t=9359s

Edit: this is one of the things that bummed me out about FFXV, so you're just using straight-up latin for everything, no fun twists

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Roach Warehouse posted:

BoTW2 add the Death Stranding call and response button, but use the Cartoon Link voice.

“Hey, how about a kiss?”
“Well, Excuuuuuuuse me!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZgND4gacP4

May 8, 2006

sprained my ankle like a real jackass, what switch or vita game should I binge in bed for a day or so

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ring Fit Adventure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that jump rope game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

that's not how i expected zelda to sound

May 8, 2006

send help I'm being bullied in here

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

sprained my ankle like a real jackass, what switch or vita game should I binge in bed for a day or so

fan translation of pokemon card GB2: here comes team gr!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Rinkles posted:

that's not how i expected zelda to sound

zelda is the princess. the player character is named link

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cuntman.net posted:

oh my bad.

that's not how i expected zelda to sound.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cant rag on Momodora too much for being an insanely small person team but the difficulty curve is a downward slope from the first boss, there is absolutely no reason for their to be one hit kill go back to last save point platforming in a metroidvania, and the item for beating the first boss flawlessly is stupidly good and basically has no reason to be unequipped except for the final boss who is inexplicably immune.

I'd play another game by these people, yeah, but like small learnings would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cuntman.net posted:

I'm proud of you for posting this month