Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Miro dresses like poo poo but he's handsome and hench so who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

CombineThresher posted:

The carniest of the carny, bless his heart.

Over a decade ago, Colt Cabana came to a small indie in Central Illinois. I was friends with some workers so we hung out before hand. I saw that his merch set up was just sitting there so I sold some of his stuff when he was in the back. When he came back out at the end of the show, I gave him the money and told him what I sold. He thanked me and offered to let me have some merch in return for helping him out.

He gave me a single button but he told me that I should really get his whole set of buttons and that was only $10 for the other 3 buttons. It was then that I realized that grifting is something that happens on all levels of the wrestling scene (I was just used to the local guys doing shows and not getting paid so they stole cans of peaches and baked beans from the building they worked in).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Over a decade ago, Colt Cabana came to a small indie in Central Illinois. I was friends with some workers so we hung out before hand. I saw that his merch set up was just sitting there so I sold some of his stuff when he was in the back. When he came back out at the end of the show, I gave him the money and told him what I sold. He thanked me and offered to let me have some merch in return for helping him out.

He gave me a single button but he told me that I should really get his whole set of buttons and that was only $10 for the other 3 buttons. It was then that I realized that grifting is something that happens on all levels of the wrestling scene (I was just used to the local guys doing shows and not getting paid so they stole cans of peaches and baked beans from the building they worked in).

Well... did you buy the buttons?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

Because one thing this subforum definitely needs is more knee-jerk probations and over-reactions for people discussing things

Miro made it clear why he bought the clothes he bought and it's funny people are making up their own fan fiction about an outfit but nobody should be getting probations over it drat lol

I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt until his dumb anti-taxing the rich tweet, so now he can take his $2400 t-shirt and choke on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Colt would also steal stuff Solo cups, food, utensils and whatever else from indies like that, so that went on all levels too!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

Because one thing this subforum definitely needs is more knee-jerk probations and over-reactions for people discussing things

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Colt would also steal stuff Solo cups, food, utensils and whatever else from indies like that, so that went on all levels too!

Gotta pay for that lawsuit somehow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Gotta pay for that lawsuit somehow.

That lawsuit makes me so sad when I think about how happy Punk was telling the story of how happy Colt was to steal a whole mess of Solo cups :(

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Vince MechMahon posted:

I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt until his dumb anti-taxing the rich tweet, so now he can take his $2400 t-shirt and choke on it.

if this is the most offensive thing he does as a wrestler i'm nominating him for wrestling sainthood immediately

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
They would also steal the tops of beer taps at bars for literally no reason.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Orange Carlisle posted:

Apparently we need more people not getting jokes though :v:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Never Forget

https://twitter.com/mathaiaus/status/1305271068253274112

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-pZojmtXi8

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

somehow this made me dig up an old long forgotten memory - the crossover obsession of John Cena and fans of a show called Dave the Barbarian to the point they thought John Cena was secretly referencing Dave the Barbarian in his promos.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

remember the time that pro wrestler dyed his hair blonde and wore garish clothes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea, how's ric flair doing now anyhow

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

yea, how's ric flair doing now anyhow

How dare you imply such a fate for the Rusev and Lana marriage

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dabryceisright/status/1305225319587155971?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TherealRVD/status/1305059047381499905
https://twitter.com/TherealRVD/status/1305212869747695616

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Good posts from RVD?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Where is Bob Backlund in our time of need to tell us to never eat marijuana

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Where is Bob Backlund in our time of need to tell us to never eat marijuana

He's always here for you

https://youtu.be/CEfGgVI6l2A

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Who is the Pope to doubt John Cena?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SpyderNateWebb/status/1305359181126545409

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This can only be finished one way - Jokic vs. Cena in a H-O-R-S-E in a cage match

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hoping nate webb works this into a show deal just like he did with gabe

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

KungFu Grip posted:

hoping nate webb works this into a show deal just like he did with gabe

Hell, if Impact picked up Johnny Swinger, they could pick up Nate Webb.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1305586676568293378
:cripes:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ciampa is blue lives matter. This is not surprising in the slightest.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tomasso ciampa was saved from committing suicide after a cop just happened to be walking by as he was trying to suffocate himself in his car. this and massive concussions are probably root reasons for him being so enthusiastically pro-cop in modern days unlike hero mr. saito who shoot backdropped four cops in his hotel room

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I forgot he was a blue lives matter chode. Oh well. Also first time I've seen a picture of that guy in a while and that beard is nasty.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Remember when Finn Balor took a picture wearing a gay rights t-shirt in Saudi Arabia, as if he hadn't just spent four hours producing propaganda for their government? Now he's helping out the QAnon charity. Wonderful.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

1000% percent chance this charity’s board eventually gets exposed for abusing children.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Hopkins FBI posted:

Remember when Finn Balor took a picture wearing a gay rights t-shirt in Saudi Arabia, as if he hadn't just spent four hours producing propaganda for their government? Now he's helping out the QAnon charity. Wonderful.

You're leaving out he was standing by himself in an empty arena post-show

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

1000% percent chance this charity’s board eventually gets exposed for abusing children.

That and mis-using funds to buy themselves yachts'n poo poo. It's not a question of which one happens, but which happens first.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Q lives Matter

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SugarDunkerton/status/1305489286830096384?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

Apparently we need more people not getting jokes though :v:

Sure, it's a joke now

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
https://mobile.twitter.com/DijakovicWWE/status/1305288204594094080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

all bolice are criminals