Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Fun race!

Also an interesting contrast between F1 on the telly and F1 on twitter. On the telly, they zoomed the camera out during Lewis' post-race interview to fully show his shirt.

On twitter? They took some random other image of him rather than one at the post-race interview area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
wow f1 doesnt give a gently caress about social issues and are pretending only to appease mercedes until toto and hamilton are around?!?!?!?!?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

CancerCakes posted:

There are plenty of people on the grid who at least seem decent though. Max can't even get being a manipulative sociopath right.

On the C4 coverage Bottas was clearly pretty pissed off by DC's questions - why aren't you as good as Hamilton? What do you need to improve to beat him do you think? Ffs give the guy a break!

I can’t even be bothered to stick around for my own podiums I can’t imagine sticking around for someone else’s. Acting like he’s this mega douchebag when he’s basically pissing away 3 hours by sticking around for some dumb photo is really dumb.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
All of F1's sponsors are racist presumably

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
maybe i just got old but im not interested in teenagers sulking at each other, i want real proper men having serious disagreements sensibly but also whilst having serious game and ratfucking each other in a decent standupish way.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

So should I watch it?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Residency Evil posted:

So should I watch it?

There was a cool crash at the start, another cool crash at the restart 5 laps in. I then fell asleep and got woken up by Lance Stroll Driver of the Day crashing out by himself and causing another red flag. When I woke up again it was the podium ceremony.

From what I understand I didn't miss much.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
with sainz, stroll, and max out of the race, albon actually looked competent

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
God drat, what an amazing driver.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Max loving stinks. Just lol that some people are crying over him

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seeing max go out first lap was when I knew that this was going to be a Good Race™

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Seems like all the racists had a bad day. #Blessed

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

BurgerQuest posted:

Seeing max go out first lap was when I knew that this was going to be a Good Race™

I was at a cars and coffee, and my girlfriend texted me that max was out lap 1. My sunday could only go down from there. #blessed

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

incredibly display of ineptitude from everybody except lewis

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GramCracker posted:

"i got a... puncture?"

lance stroll, driver of the day

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I like that everyone noticed the safety car is red and slammed on their brakes, causing a massive crash

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I can't believe how excited I am for Sochi!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

Seb going to get revenge on Kyvatt, as their grid positions will be reversed.

From years ago I'm talking about.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

wow f1 doesnt give a gently caress about social issues and are pretending only to appease mercedes until toto and hamilton are around?!?!?!?!?

F1 blatantly never gave a gently caress about social issues before, thats why this whole Lewis/BLM thing rings hollow

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Petronas is one of Mercedes' biggest sponsors and they've been eyeballs deep in sudanese war crimes. Marlboro's been a huge backer of Ferrari since long before their cars were shitheaps. They take money from huge multinational investment firms who exist mainly to help launder the stolen wealth of kleptocratic dynasties like the Aliyevs, of course the noble cause branding is as deep as a loving vinyl sticker.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not to mention when they have to keep the drivers in a hotel surrounded by a wall of military because the people are rioting over the local flag pole enthusiast’s human rights violations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That hypocrisy poo poo applies to everything. Hammy calling out lovely us policing is actually good, and at worst something you can ignore.

If his tshirt bugs you then turn your tv on at 3:05 and turn it off at the chequered flag so you can go back to staring at the thing that really disappoints you.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Dirk Pitt posted:

Too bad I just voted for Max Verstappen for Driver of the Day.

Thank you for this post.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reminder that Verstappen refuses to take a knee in support of BLM

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Sure is, shame a puncture ruined his race.

oliwan posted:

Reminder that Verstappen refuses to take a knee in support of BLM

oliwan posted:

Max Verstappen is King

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

That hypocrisy poo poo applies to everything. Hammy calling out lovely us policing is actually good, and at worst something you can ignore.

If his tshirt bugs you then turn your tv on at 3:05 and turn it off at the chequered flag so you can go back to staring at the thing that really disappoints you.

That's true, I mean there's a difference between the platform a driver uses as a celebrity and the platform a driver uses (or is placed on) as an employee. The teams and FIA don't give a drat as long as the goose keeps laying golden eggs and doesn't mess with any other geese. If Lewis started talking about fossil fuels or Sharl about tobacco they'd presumably be kept off camera/media and threatened with all kinds of lawyering.

Hell, they'd probably be able to talk about fossil fuels and tobacco as long as they didn't call out sponsors or lift the curtain to talk about the global power/wealth disparities they create and exploit.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The past two races have had real clear examples of how far safety has come. Would hate to imagine the aftermath of the big solo crashes or the mess on the straight if they'd not had survival cell/the halo etc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

The past two races have had real clear examples of how far safety has come. Would hate to imagine the aftermath of the big solo crashes or the mess on the straight if they'd not had survival cell/the halo etc.

Did they ever say what lit on fire in Stroll's car? It seemed to be getting pretty brewed up when they were lifting it on the crane and it looked like they didn't get it out until they'd yanked open the fuselage and foamed the gently caress out of it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Who is going to be the first driver to promote Qanon?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Petronas is one of Mercedes' biggest sponsors and they've been eyeballs deep in sudanese war crimes. Marlboro's been a huge backer of Ferrari since long before their cars were shitheaps. They take money from huge multinational investment firms who exist mainly to help launder the stolen wealth of kleptocratic dynasties like the Aliyevs, of course the noble cause branding is as deep as a loving vinyl sticker.

There’s no ethical employment under capitalism, though I don’t recommend working for the cops nor the pinkertons. Also, all wealth is stolen.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

spaceblancmange posted:

I listened to a history lecture the other night which described Sochi as Stalin's favorite holiday resort during the holodomor when he starved 4 million people to death. Perfect for Formula One!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rated PG-34 posted:

There’s no ethical employment under capitalism, though I don’t recommend working for the cops nor the pinkertons. Also, all wealth is stolen.

:jerkbag:

Tell me more about abolishing all forms of money or transactional methods outside of bartering

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I listened to a history lecture the other night which described Sochi as Stalin's favorite holiday resort during the holodomor when he starved 4 million people to death. Perfect for Formula One!

Why do people get so upset the about the holodomor, when ~3 million children die from hunger and malnutrition each year under the horrors of capitalism

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

ilmucche posted:

:jerkbag:

Tell me more about abolishing all forms of money or transactional methods outside of bartering

Let me tell you about how money was introduced primarily to conduct warfare, and communities had operated perfectly fine without it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rated PG-34 posted:

Why do people get so upset the about the holodomor, when ~3 million children die from hunger and malnutrition each year under the horrors of capitalism

The Formula One thread is probably not for you and if you're going to have a brain aneurysm through the medium of posting itt at least have the decency to be funny.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I know we shitpost and are the worst thread but that's some next level poo poo.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

No need for me to post anything funny when all the jokes are quite apparent on the track

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spaceblancmange posted:

Who is going to be the first driver to promote Qanon?

Lando would absolutely put ww1wga on his helmet but would (credibly) walk it back pre-race as an accident of being too online. Max, when asked for comment about the unfortunate mistake in another post-DNF interview, would 100% go off into a rant about deep state and adrenochrome.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rated PG-34 posted:

Next Sunday, 15 minutes to race time: putin himself burns an effigy of the statue of liberty draped in an oversized bloody us 100 dollar bill, and all of the cars are replaced by tanks like LC's tank biathlon video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

The Formula One thread is probably not for you and if you're going to have a brain aneurysm through the medium of posting itt

You fuckin wot