Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tyler's number one motivation is not being yelled at on Twitter.

Edit: This is such a good illustration of the double standard black people and women face. Like, Tyler feels bad about a lovely thing he did to Bayleigh, but when Bayleigh gets mad about the thing Tyler himself feels bad about, Bayleigh's the one who's unhinged and unreasonable and suddenly Tyler doesn't need to feel guilty anymore.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler's genuinely depressed. He's been so all season and he's clearly got a lot of separation anxiety from Angela (who he says he's never been away from since they met) and is traumatized by all the hate he gets from the fanbase for how he played and how he treated Bayleigh. He came into the house apologizing to her and saying he wanted to do right by her.

Then he repeatedly lied to her, set up people to go after her, played her against his other allies, trash talked her, told other HGs to work her up and play her temper, and after Dani and Bayleigh fought told Dani that Bayleigh plays the victim and makes other people feel like bad guys and "I take back my apology."

Then Dani told Bay that. And then Tyler found out they told each other everything he did. And suddenly he had a crisis of conscience.

So, was that a real crisis of conscience? Or was that him carefully managing his image and gaslighting everyone to recover from the bad position he was in? I think the fact that he backed down from his request to go up and then blamed Bayleigh for not being gracious enough to his "olive branch" says it all. Tyler's a user, IMO.

pospysyl posted:

Edit: This is such a good illustration of the double standard black people and women face. Like, Tyler feels bad about a lovely thing he did to Bayleigh, but when Bayleigh gets mad about the thing Tyler himself feels bad about, Bayleigh's the one who's unhinged and unreasonable and suddenly Tyler doesn't need to feel guilty anymore.
But he apologized! And maybe cried? I don't know because he was wearing big glasses. But he sounded like he might have been. So forgive the pretty white man or you're the bad guy.

edit: It should also probably be mentioned that Ian being sick was that he went into a complete panic after Kaysar’s speech and the HOH, confessed to Nicole everything he’d said and done about targeting the core INCLUDING that he talked to Bay about it, which Bay then was upset about because he threw her under the bus. Bay and he didn’t fight but he tried to apologize to her and she made it clear to him that she felt setup and tricked. And then he called her “Day”. Repeatedly. And Bay walked away. Ian spent the next couple of days in really bad shape, tried to self evict, and suffered an anxiety attack and had to be tended to by the medics.

Its been an ugly week since Kaysar left and everyone had to find someone new to blame for everything.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 10, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I feel bad for Ian after reading that.

Like, still feel the worst for Bay/Day, but Ian seems genuinely nice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Ian. I didn't mean that to be accusatory, just to give the details that felt important that the edit left out. I think he did a bad thing throwing Bay under the bus to save himself and then repeatedly calling her by the other black woman's name. But I don't believe he was acting in malice. I'm a little torn on why Bay has to take that poo poo and no one in the house offers her sympathy but Ian gets it. That doesn't mean Ian shouldn't get it. But it goes back to that privilege thing.

Kaysar did an interview on BB21 Kat's podcast the other day where he said we have to be aware and honest about all the micro aggressions POC deal with but we also have to leave a little room for people doing it who are genuinely ignorant of what they're doing to apologize and learn. And I think that's kinda what happened with Ian and Bay. Ian made a mistake and Bay just got tired of always turning the other cheek and walked away and Ian felt guilty about that.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 10, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I think the issue of white fragility and impact over intent are the main issues here. Like I don't question that things got out of hand for Tyler or that Ian accidentally panicked - but they still hosed up and they still get a pass because whiteness is the default.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Understandable. Ian hosed up, and he doesn’t get a pass. I just felt bad that he’s been in bed because of it, and that he seems genuinely nice in a way that Tyler is not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I should have phrased it better and put it separate from the Tyler stuff or something. Or maybe not mentioned it. It seemed important to me given the episode. I dunno. Did it happen to Ian or to Bayleigh? I feel bad for both of them but Ian's got people comforting him and saying "Bayleigh made him want to self evict" and Bay's on the block with Tyler saying how she deserves what she gets for not accepting his apology. So I ended up where I ended up.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh, I thought I had read that people were mad at Ian for being in bed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That definitely wasn't my intent and I can see how I hosed up and made that easy to be the takeaway. It was just trying to add context to his segment and Bay's state of mind.

edit: Or wait, do you mean people in the house? As best as I saw everyone was either sympathetic to Ian or blaming Bayleigh/Kaysar for it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Nope, you didn’t say it — I read it on Twitter.

My bad, too. Didn’t really mean to jump into the minefield of this week making it seem like I was taking anything away from Bay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's other stuff going on with Ian but that's stuff not mentioned in the episodes yet so it feels like its in the grey area of spoilers and "stuff that could come up later."

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

If Tyler and Ian's dramatics are to be believed, they'd be better served on The Bold & The Beautiful.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tyler disappearing from the first like 40 minutes of the ep says everything about how incomplete the picture they’re presenting is.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I cried when Bay and Day cried in this episode so... That should tell you where my bias is.

I was NOT a fan of Day the first two times she played but this is definitely the season to create a Day is A Legend arc.

Savahontas fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 10, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Day's a great character and by all accounts a very good person.

She's just kind of a terrible BB player.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

Day's a great character and by all accounts a very good person.

She's just kind of a terrible BB player.

Unfortunately that seems to be correlated.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was thinking about earlier in the season and I do think Kaysar and Day have a lot in common. I think Kaysar is a better player. He's legitimately brilliant at strategy and reading dynamics. He had the entire house alliances mapped out to like a 90% accuracy even though no one told him poo poo. Compare that to Day who knows a lot of the lines and alliances but keeps fooling herself into believing she's in a better position than she is.

But the thing they really have in common as game players is that they're both proactive and smart enough that they don't want to be used as pawns. And that's what makes them dangerous. The majority alliance can't keep them around because they rock the boat too much compared to guys like Kevin or David. But they're also too driven to play to be floaters like Bayleigh or Christmas. So the result is that they're always threats even though they've got no real power in the game because if they did win a HOH no one's confident that they won't make a big move instead of just doing what the house wants.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Tyler started having second questions about his game (after all his lying got exposed and his game got blown up)"

This "threw Day and Bay a lifeline" poo poo is loving gross.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Ugh, this is gross.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This fight is gross and terrible but all I can focus on is that Ian didn't just get stuck in the shower during it, that he actually WENT INTO the shower during it.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Hopefully people are seeing through this??? OBVIOUSLY Tyler and Christmas betrayed Bayleigh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

Hopefully people are seeing through this??? OBVIOUSLY Tyler and Christmas betrayed Bayleigh.

Haven't you been paying attention to the edit? Christmas did. Tyler is an innocent tortured soul who threw Bayleigh a lifeline and cares deeply about the cause.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I realize Twitter is Twitter, but I’ve breaking my own “no spoiler” rule this week, and it’s a ton of posts in support of Bay & Day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its been near universal condemnation for Christmas and support of Day/Bay in and outside the house. Aside from just the transparent racists.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

STAC Goat posted:

Haven't you been paying attention to the edit? Christmas did. Tyler is an innocent tortured soul who threw Bayleigh a lifeline and cares deeply about the cause.

The edit is incoherent!!

I hope Ian goes deeper just on the basis that he doesn't do shout outs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hope Ian goes deeper so I can figure out if like he has a scheduled shower time and they were interrupting it and that explains his actions or what.

I'm obsessed.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

On a side note, is anyone having fun? Everyone looks miserable.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Tyler casts the last vote needed. Haha

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

On a side note, is anyone having fun? Everyone looks miserable.

No one. They're all completely miserable. Especially since Kaysar left. A lot of them spent the last week saying how different the house is without him because he just had a very relaxing dad presence and you could always count on him to have an engaging conversation about something outside the game. But like this is just heightened New School BB where everyone's 100% game and its tense, miserable, and emotionally and psychologically exhausting.

Except Memphis. But he's just generally grumpy because he's 80 years old.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
The houseguest donning a mask after being evicted is so dystopian.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Stop telling us Tyler sabotaged your game, Bay. Its inconsistent with the narrative.

I've grown to consider the great Memphis reveal to be one of the highlights of the week.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
The camera pushing in on David when BLM came up was just. A lot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Am I enough of a sucker to resubscribe for the Wall?

Savahontas posted:

The camera pushing in on David when BLM came up was just. A lot.

They just had to avoid the possibility of any of the white HGs reacting badly.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

So, maybe it's because I didn't read the spoilers, but I don't remember Christmas being awful in her first season. Maybe it's just because she spent the whole season wheeling around? This past week was just brutal.

I don't know why I keep up with this show, really. When was the last season without major controversy? 17?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas has always had a temper and a... strong sense of self. She was part of the nastiness and bullying of BB19 but I always felt one of the lesser parts and she had a lot of very empathetic moments too. Others felt very differently and hated her with a passion. I think a lot of that has to do with her helping Paul and hating Cody/Jess (who BB fandom inexplicably beatified because they opposed Paul) with a dash of misogyny. But its hard to exactly argue her case now. Until this week I thought she was playing one of the best games in the house and was one of the nicest people in the majority who had a ton of good moments and seemed genuinely sympathetic to Kaysar. But then this happened.

All I think I can say is Christmas can be a good person and she can be a bad person. But she's got an ego and a temper and this week she had an extreme case of HOHitis and an agenda that Tyler threw a curveball with and used her to be the one to take the heat for not allowing his "life line" and she handled it very badly.

Also, they were drunk from their Labor Day party during that fight. That's no an excuse but it does explain it a bit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, I think she was just the best of the worst in BB19, and her friendship with Josh was nice, even if it was a friendship due to circumstance (in the sense that, if I recall, everyone broke off into duos except for Paul).

I also thought she was in the best position in the house before her HOH. She was a part of the real alliance, and the way she was situated, it seemed like the Love Triangle would be her shield. Like you, I also thought her social game was also strong.

But wow, what a difference a week makes. Tyler didn't help, but she handled it in the worst way possible. I am not sure how this affects her game, because the people in power are also mostly monsters.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For whatever its worth Christmas sounds like she's still close with Josh and she's constantly expressed how sad she is to be in the BB House without him. Of course they were clearly pregaming together and she expected him to be there before covid so that's part of it, but still.

I don't think it really affects her directly besides hurting her chances of winning. This is actually exactly what the power players wanted. For weeks they've been saying "Christmas is a time bomb but we have to use her to take the shot at Day and Bay so we don't have to and can pretend we're forced into voting one of them out, and then they'll explode on her and she'll explode on them." If Day and Christmas target each other out of this they're giving the core exactly what they wanted. So they're not gonna touch her. MAYBE it sets up an excuse to make her a house target in a few weeks but if they're not taking shots at each other by then they were always gonna target Christmas around that point.

Although Christmas was not part of the real alliance. Memphis' alliance is not the real alliance. Julie Chen is lying to everyone.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 11, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I can't keep up with what's actually real.

I am always impressed with how long people can stay on the wall for. I feel like I wouldn't do well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If nothing else a traditionally epic HOH that has half the field throw it and the HOH upset they won it because they're aligned with everyone so they just nominate the two black dudes is basically the most pure picture of Big Brother's problems one could possibly draw.

Twin Cinema posted:

I can't keep up with what's actually real.
Nothing. No deal or alliance is real this season. Its the easiest approach. Its just "the house."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Noted.

I love Dani's rationalization for putting up Kevin. Like, maybe using him as a pawn if they are putting up Tyler. But, to be put up against David? Surely you don't think he's that stupid.

I have found all the HOHs are giving the worst reasons to the people they put up, but unfortunately, they keep winning so it never comes around.