Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

How much can I afford for a large one-time expense (proposal) on a variable income and how much is a fair price to rent out a restaurant?

Hello,

I'm looking to have a great proposal for girlfriend of 7 months (we've known each other as classmates for longer), but the Coronavirus has made that exceedingly difficult.

One of my friends is the manager of an Applebees franchise that his Uncle owns. Our city's lockdown restrictions prevent indoor dining for more than 10 people. But, his Uncle says that it would be worth it to him to open the restaurant for just myself and my girlfriend for $7,000. This would include food, alcohol, and service.

My income is variable. I used to work for mostly tips at a hotel, but have been furloughed. I've been doing Uber, DoorDash, and Twitch streaming since April. Under my old income, I made about $31,000 per year. Under this new income, I'm making between $680 for the lowest month and $1,430 for the highest month. But, I could have that income double or triple at any point if my Twitch channel takes off.

I'm going to end up spending around $5,000 to $8,000 for my proposal plans no matter what. Is $7,000 a good price to rent out a venue with food, alcohol, and service for an entire night? I have a $500 deposit and the rest can go on a credit card with no interest for 6 months. Most other places I have called say they can't give me an estimate or they aren't renting out during Corona, so please factor that in when assessing the price.

How do you generally determine what a good budget is for a one-time huge event like a proposal or wedding? If my Twitch channel keeps growing at the same rate and I take more Uber rides when bars open back up, then I could probably be grossing around $7,000 per month with about 3/4 coming from Twitch (twitch takes 50/50 from subscriber fees, but donations are 100% mine). I never get to redo a proposal and that means I am willing to budget higher than normal.

Thank you for any advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It's like his friends told him dinner at Applebee's ($50) and he hasn't been able to get it out of his head. That's so perfect.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

$7k for a bartender, server, and microwave operator for 3 hours?

Man Applebee's employees must be ballers

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I am dying at the idea of spending $7,000 on Applebees. For seven grand, they’d have to be feeding 500 guests. I’ll bet the “friend” is padding that rate because he know the DoorDash Twitch star is a chump.

If it were real.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I’ll bet the “friend” is padding that rate because he know the DoorDash Twitch star is a chump.

"No other restaurants will let me rent them out. Therefore, supply and demand dictates that Applebees' price rises infinitely until it meets demand."

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm not sure if I should be happy in the amount of pleasure that post gave me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Case #963 of "People most concerned about their credit score are the people who know the least about it/have much bigger problems."

quote:

Was told mortgage forbearance wouldn't affect credit score, they were wrong...

As the title says, went into forbearance about 5 months ago after being laid off. Was promised it would not affect my credit score. Myself and my wife are on the loan, we were high 740's on our credit scores pre-forbearance. We are now both barely a 710 and credit Karma shows it's due to the increase in balance on our mortgage. We were sold on a lie, where do we go from here?....

quote:

quote:

The score isn’t the issue - your forbearance is going to hold you back no matter what, regardless of your credit score.
It is a big deal, I was planning on refinancing my home once I went back to work. I am back to work now and my refinance has plummeted into non-existence....

Same person: Building a solar-powered tree house while his actual house is in forbearance.

quote:

First time solar build, in a tree house, completely lost at this point...

I went with Renogy for the controller, two 100 watt mono panels, and two 12 volt 100 amp hour gel batteries wired in parallel (12 volt).

After a boatload of trial and error I think i'm finally at a point where I "think" i'm lost.

As you can see below, I have two cords plugged into my inverter. They power a Phillips hue light strip and a couple hue lights on the inside. When I set my lights to "dim" in the hue app I draw roughly 10 watts. During this time my Emporia line monitor shows no measurable wattage going through the main line to the batteries.

Now, look at the other pics when I turn hue to full brightness. You can see we are now drawing roughly 60 watts. However my Emporia reader shows 400+ watts at the main. I know there is loss with converters, but this doesn't make sense to me.

The real irony is that I replaced the original inverter with one that cost 3 times as much and I was having this same problem except it was pulling 600+. Also, I replaced the original batteries AND charge controller as I thought that would fix the ghost in the machine.

At this point I believe whatever is happening might be normal, but how? Ddrawing 400 watts for a 60 watt load equals a NEGATIVE %666+ efficiency rating....

I'm probably just dumb....Cheers!

Also, setting up a $2k gaming PC in his treehouse.

quote:

Upgraded CPU to team red and need help "adapting" my previous AIO.

So I upgraded my i9-7900x to a Ryzen 9 3900x. I would like to use my existing AIO loop that I used with my intel on my new AMD. I knew I would need a new cpu block so I picked up one of these; CORSAIR XC7 RGB CPU BLOCK 115XAM4 . My AIO is a Thermaltake Pacific rl360.

I see no way to connect the new block to the existing AIO as the new block didn't come with any hardware and the existing AIO tubing looks much larger that. Anyone know what adapters I would need to make this work? TIA

quote:

Just got the RTX2080, but probably going to resell it for half the cost and get a RTX2080 TI instead. Doh.

Also, setting up 4k cameras in his actual house and tree house.

quote:

I just installed four of the new reolink 4k cameras with NVR. The picture is stunning but I could use some help understanding the software. First, I am new to NVR POE etc. I have always used Nest cam's but never a NVR.
I have the phone app and it works reasonably well. My real issue is with the NVR itself. There doesn't seem to be a timeline scroller or anything like that. It seems as if we want to review video on the NVR we have to manually input a date, time, etc. This is a royal pain and I thought it would be best to access footage from the nvr itself...
I also see the reolink windows option and from what I gather it will just store video locally on wherever it's installed? This seems counterintuitive as I thought it would just access the hard drive on the NVR.
Am I missing something?

Is there a way other than the phone app to access your recorded footage EASILY?

Also, in deep with alt-coins hoping to retire.

quote:

Maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I don't see a whole lot of news regarding XRP and possible announcements from blockchain week? One would think that they would take this opportunity to showcase something "special." Strategic investment or wishful thinking?

Also, spends thousands on graphic cards to mine bitcoin and accidentally sent them all to a different wallet.

quote:

Apparently coinbase changed my Bitcoin deposit wallet some time since the Nicehash crash and now. I've been mining all week and currently have a few hundred bucks ready to deposit to my coinbase wallet Friday. Only problem is my coinbase wallet has a new string now. Is there any way to change the delivery address to my new correct coinbase address?

Bought more graphics cards to mine bitcoin and then sold them to an exchange promising to pay 110% the value. Is surprised that this was somehow a scam.

quote:

I just cashed in my $23 supposed earnings from running 4 1080ti's for 3 days. I cashed out in BTC and when I received it they only sent $4 worth of bitcoin. Total scammers....

Is trying to get Nvidia to pay off the warranty on all of his graphics cards because they burned out while mining bitcoin.

quote:

Help fighting a warranty claim on 1080ti :(

I believe you are inferring that I am trying to cover something up, I am not. If it was the cpu cooler leaking I would chalk it up to a loss and move on. And your simplest explanation makes no sense. If the cpu loop was leaking it would have landed on top of the card for which there is no evidence. The pictures clearly show it leaking from the sides extruding from the interior of the card. If it would have leaked somewhere on top this would have explained that however there are no leaks on the top of the card.

quote:

They don't know I was mining and if I was mining, bitcoin doesn't destroy your graphics card with a standard rig. Faulty cards is the answer.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 14, 2020

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"No other restaurants will let me rent them out. Therefore, supply and demand dictates that Applebees' price rises infinitely until it meets demand."
It sounds stupid, but it appears to be working.

Case #963 of "People most concerned about their credit score are the people who know the least about it/have much bigger problems."

It is a big deal, I was planning on refinancing my home once I went back to work. I am back to work now and my refinance has plummeted into non-existence....

Same person: Building a solar-powered tree house while his actual house is in forbearance.

Also, setting up a $2k gaming PC in his treehouse.

Also, setting up 4k cameras in his actual house and tree house.

Also, in deep with alt-coins hoping to retire.

Also, spends thousands on graphic cards to mine bitcoin and accidentally sent them all to a different wallet.

Bought more graphics card to mine bitcoin and then sold them to an exchange promosing to pay 110% the value. Is surprised that this was somehow a scam.

Is trying to get Nvidia to pay off the warranty on all of his graphics card because they burned out while mining bitcoin.

I was ready to excuse some of those individually, but they just kept going.

What’s your hit rate? How many post histories do you have to dive into for every magical one like this that you find?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

quote:

I'm looking to have a great proposal for girlfriend of 7 months

quote:

Applebees

You know, after previewing my post, it kind of seems appropriate

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

It should be noted that those are all classier than an Applebee’s proposal.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
gimme five bees for a quarter

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i want to make a goatse joke with this but it's kinda of a stretch

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

HardDiskD posted:

Did GGGC forget to log out of his alt?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That bitcoin treehouse guy, god drat :stare:

The BWM just kept on going

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I was ready to excuse some of those individually, but they just kept going.

What’s your hit rate? How many post histories do you have to dive into for every magical one like this that you find?

The secret is:

1) Use keywords and sub-reddits associated with BWM.
2) Have lots of Zoom meetings where typing and clicking looking for posts makes it seem like you're taking notes or working in the video.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cyrano4747 posted:

Did GGGC forget to log out of his alt?

He's a dead ringer for me!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

The secret is:

2) Have lots of Zoom meetings where typing and clicking looking for posts makes it seem like you're taking notes or working in the video.

I would do this, but if I had video and sound I would end up laughing at a bad time.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Edit: double post!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He's a dead ringer for me!

So is Quasimodo.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

HardDiskD posted:

That's quite the cheeky pun. Well done. :master:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Dik Hz posted:

That's quite the cheeky pun. Well done. :master:

It stinks

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The secret is:

Number two seems pretty key. Your system works. Keep it up.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

Convince me not to take out a 401k loan.

I'm 32. I have 52k in a 401k. I have 28k in CC debt. My rent is $1500 a month. I make 85k a year pretax. I have next to nothing in savings (under 5k)

I'm drowning in credit card interest. 450/month. I applied for a balance transfer card and was denied. My credit is not really that bad (~690) so I don't really know why I was denied. I'm around 55% credit utilization and I missed a loving $200 payment on a store card (always pay store cards off in full every month) about a year ago. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I've had about the same amount of debt for years and just can't seem to rid myself of it. I was doing well making a little bit of headway until covid hit and I got a 20% paycut in March. I also was banking on a 5k bonus I usually get to throw at it, which I assume isn't coming this year either. I'm back to full pay as of a month ago. I'm just so frustrated. Most of my credit card debt is from years ago when I was still young and dumb (probably still am) making way too little money, traveling way too much, and paying way too much in rent.

I'm sick of not having any money. I feel like I make too much money to not have any money. Anything to get out of this hole would be appreciated.

quote:

quote:

A 401K loan needs to be paid back, and almost everyone forgets that it comes out of your paychecks.

If you can't budget NOW, how are you going to continue to make progress when your pay is cut by hundreds or dollars per month (or per paycheck depending on the size of your loan).

People take 401K loans and then they *really* feel broke, realizing they are looking at reduced pay for years, just to pay themselves back. Then also losing out on contributions and the growth on the money they withdrew. It is often a triple-threat of badness for your future finances.

My advice is to stop thinking about the 401K loan and start thinking about what among your possessions you can sell to raise cash, what housing and transportation expenses you can cut because those are the biggest wins. Entertainment should not be in your vocabulary. Walks outside, the local library, and bird-watching are good pastimes.

Thanks. Yes I have been toying with starting a poshmark account. I just need to do it.

I guess buying $2,000 worth of clothes per month and then selling them for $600 is better than not doing that... but, how does that fix everything else?

quote:

quote:

What else are you spending your money on? And are you making 85k now after your pay cut? Or was that before the pay cut?

Taking some worst-case assumptions here, using high California state tax, 68k annual pay, and 12% pre-tax deduction, you should still be taking home 3500/month. If your rent is 1500. Where does the other 2k go?

Treating myself to a few things as to not lose my mind in isolation. I'm in NJ, we've been on pretty strict lockdown since March.

$2k per month + $28k in debt on treating yourself? Yowza.

To be fair, maybe she has to support kids and her husband?

quote:

Not single but my partner makes about what I make and our total rent is 3k. No kids.

$170k+ joint income, no kids, and no medical costs.

Somehow still losing $4,500+ per month - after essentials - between the two of them.

quote:

I know I shouldn't have counted on a bonus that wasn't guaranteed but I was counting on it. You're so right. Thanks for the motivation.

quote:

I feel like we make enough money that we shouldn't need to budget.

Makes her professional and platonic relationship decisions based on Myers-Briggs.

quote:

ISTP - how to make friends as an adult?

I'm an ISTP and am generally well liked as a person but have a hard time making close friends. I'm 30 and even my friends from college that I've had for years that live all over the country I have kept in touch with/travel with/have fun with, but I still can't feel like I can have a deep meaningful conversation with anyone, including them.

Now in adulthood I've moved to a new city and like I said am generally well liked (been told I'm the nicest person in the room/most drama free person they know/my boss told me "no one ever has anything bad to ever say about you," etc) but never have been able to pass the point of being just acquaintances with anyone but feel alone when I have a private issue or just want a friend to talk to. Or honestly just a friend to go to dinner with! I feel like I'm that person that everyone thinks is just the add on like "oh let's invite her too, she's nice" so I get invited to happy hour or parties or whatever but no one ever reaches out to me on an individual basis. Like, I've been invited to a ton of weddings of people who I honestly have never talked to one on one but feel like I was invited because I was just "in the group."

I feel like when I'm out of sight I'm out of mind for many people. I've brought this up a couple of times to some people (after many drinks) and I've been told I give an impression that I can't really be bothered to make new friends or I have this aura about me that I don't want to have problems with people but I don't necessarily want to be close with people either. And it's mostly true so I can't even fault people for seeing me that way! Sometimes I just get jealous when I see other people with close friends and wish I had them too. Not sure if this is is just a ramble or if I'm looking for advice or what.

quote:

I had a choice between two different branch positions and I found out one of the managers was an ENFJ and noped out. Easy decision. Last thing I want to do is get into a position where my livlihood depends on pleasing a diametrically opposed MBTI.

quote:

The worst part of being ISTP is it is impossible to have deep meaningful conversations with anyone other than another ISTP or maybe an ISFP.

Very concerned about getting bad career advice from other Myers-Briggs personality types because maybe only specific personality types will even care about their personality type and give career advice?!?

quote:

Which types are least likely to care about their type?

Which types are least likely to look into personality type/know their personality type/be on Reddit having this discussion? And why?

quote:

When I'm getting advice from people I like to think about the perspective of the person giving advice and who is likely to give it. Taking a big career or personal risk based on the advice of a group might not actually be diverse because the group is all one type.

Is considering cancelling her wedding to be with someone she has barely spoken to because of the power of dream messages.

quote:

Dreaming about some guy I barely know when I'm engaged? Deeper meaning?

I'm recently engaged and we've been together for 8 years. Here and there I have sex/romantic dreams about old flames, celebrities, whatever, which I think is normal? It doesn't happen often. Anyway though, last night I had a very in depth dream about a man I met one time 6 months ago when were both part of the same wedding party. My fiancee (boyfriend at the time) was not a part of the bridal party but came to the wedding. I said a few sentences to this man and likely will never see him again. I did find him to be attractive but not generally my type (I'd describe me and my fiancee as "clean cut" and this guy was not). He also was one of those charismatic people that energizes everyone around him. You know those people that just have this thing about them and you can't figure out what it is?

Anyway this dream was more than just romance or sex. I ran into said guy at a bar and we had some drinks and kissed. It was extremely passionate and I walked away thinking wow. Came to my senses, realized I was engaged and told him it was a mistake. The rest of the dream was spent with this guy pursuing me and telling me we were supposed to be together, he was in love with me. It was very intense. Random people from my past (like random kids from elementary school, teachers I had, etc) kept showing up telling me we were meant to be together. He wrote me a very romantic love letter. Portions of the dream I wasn't in the scene but I had like a bird's eye view of this man explaining to these random people why we were meant to be together. The dream ended when my alarm clock went off; my fiancee and I were eating dinner at my parents house and this man was about to show up and tell my fiancee we kissed. My alarm went off before the interaction and I woke up extremely confused.

I know some of it has to do with the fact that my fiancee and I live very boring traditional lives. We work white collar jobs, save for retirement, take our two weeks of vacation and then go back to work. We visit our families for holidays and do what were "supposed to do" and don't get in trouble. This guy flies by the seat of his pants, doesn't hold a steady job, and does whatever he wants whenever he wants. He lives a selfish life. I know this not from talking to him, but from my friend (the bride in the wedding) explaining the men's side of the bridal party to all the girls at the bachelorette, etc. My fiancee and I both yearn for this kind of life, but both feel pressure by society. I'm thinking this has something to do with the dream? I really don't know. Is this supposed to be some kind of wake up call?

quote:

How do I know which advice in dreams is supposed to be literal and which are metaphorical? This guy pursuing me and telling me we were supposed to be together, he was in love with me and random people from my past (like random kids from elementary school, teachers I had, etc) kept showing up telling me we were meant to be together is not something they have actually said to me, but is it their true beliefs reaching out? Or is it a metaphor for how they will eventually see the relationship, but they may not feel that way currently? Does the part where my dream lover came to tell my fiance about us mean I need to let him know?

Renewed their lease in the middle of COVID while rent dropped by $500 per month for the same amount they were paying before because they didn't read the contract or look at any information about rent. Landlord probably loves them.

quote:

Can we renegotiate our lease or are we screwed?

Looking for some advice but fear were just suckers. Our lease renewed in May, at the start of covid. We live in a 400 unit building in NJ, right outside NYC. Our rent is $2900 which we were ok with, though on the high side of what we could afford (about 35% of our take home pay), but it's still one of the cheaper buildings in our area, so we settled for it.

Now the market has tanked. Our exact unit is now going for $2,400 and units 250 SF larger (1 bedroom + den, rather than 1 bed) are going for about $50 less than we pay.

We want to negotiate a new lease for our current unit but don't really know if it's possible, especially since we are ok financially. We'd also be interested in moving to the bigger unit, which would give us more space and a proper work from home set up. We never anticipated working from home for this long and one of us is at the kitchen counter and the other is pretending the bedroom dresser is a standing desk.

We just really are annoyed at ourselves for panicking and renewing without even really looking to see if prices had dipped. We actually had been talking about moving to another building in the same area before covid hit but weren't fully committed to the idea, and then covid hit and we were like "well this is a poor time to move" and decided to stay.

The timing of our new lease apparently just sucked. Are we screwed or is there anything we can do?

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 14, 2020

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

quote:

After a boatload of trial and error I think i'm finally at a point where I "think" i'm lost.

This line is great.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
$5,000 to attend a dinner* where you get called a racist.
*food not included

https://www.today.com/food/organization-aims-dismantle-racism-over-dinner-t185504

quote:

Established in the beginning of 2019, Race 2 Dinner is an organization helmed by Regina Jackson and Saira Rao that orchestrates dinners for eight to 10 guests, all of whom are white women who want to uncover their own racist beliefs and experiences.
Each dinner party initially cost $2,500 total, but that rate increased to $5,000 in February. The funds cover a two-hour dinner, which includes support from Race 2 Dinner's business developer, planning, travel for Jackson and Rao and, when applicable, a post-event consultation. The cost of food was not included in the original dinner party fee.
In March, as the coronavirus pandemic began to spread in the U.S., Jackson, Rao and their team switched to Zoom dinner parties (or lunches). Currently, amid the global anti-racism protests sparked by the death of George Floyd in May, Race 2 Dinner has seen a surge in inquiries from the website. They now host digital dinner about two times a week. While food isn't served like it would be at a traditional dinner party, Jackson and Rao say it's the face-to-face connection that matters most.

If you don't have a spare 5 grand sitting around they do consultations for only $300/hr.

quote:

"(The dinner) starts off, Saira says something about yoga and how yoga is cultural appropriation and yoga owners here in the U.S. do not hire black and brown Indian women to teach," Jackson said. "One woman got mad and said, 'You need to take that back!' But the yoga instructor said, 'No, you're right

Sounds stimulating, can't believe I'm missing out on this. Men aren't allowed to attend though.

quote:

"(White women) will reach out via email and once we follow up, they'll ghost altogether or ghost after hearing the cost," Rao explained. "For many, their 'activism' is hitting send on the email."

They need to follow through with the real activism of paying $5k for a zoom dinner with a rich person.

OctaviusBeaver fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 14, 2020

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pizza chains are all getting together with multi-million dollar partnerships that sound like they will be BWM.

quote:

Papa John’s and Dole Packaged Foods Team Up, Introducing Banana Pizza and Providing Pineapple Pizza Lovers with the High-Quality Ingredients They Know and Love

Starting this month, taste buds rejoice for people with a love of pineapple on pizza. Papa John’s International, Inc. has partnered with Dole Packaged Foods, LLC. as its supplier for pineapple as the company continues to strengthen its commitment to BETTER INGREDIENTS. BETTER PIZZA.

“At Papa John’s we believe that pineapple belongs on pizza,” said Paul Fabre, SVP of Product Innovation at Papa John’s. “Partnering with Dole makes sense because there is nothing more important or vital to our business and to earning our customers’ trust than providing high-quality food. This starts with how we source our ingredients, including DOLE pineapple, which brings a rich sweetness to our pies.”

The $3.1 million partnership will also include a promotional DOLE banana pizza in limited markets.

Papa John’s Super Hawaiian Pizza offers a taste of the tropics, loaded with sweet, juicy DOLE Pineapple tidbits, julienne-cut Canadian bacon, hickory-smoked bacon, a three-cheese blend, and real cheese made from mozzarella on Papa John’s signature sauce and original fresh, never-frozen six-ingredient dough.

Papa John’s understands its consumers want to know where their food comes from and what is in it. Partnering with Dole showcases Papa John’s unwavering commitment to serving high-quality ingredients. DOLE Pineapple is responsibly sourced in Thailand and the Philippines, and not only meets, but exceeds the highest international standards.

Papa John’s Global Food Safety Program and Standards applies to its entire supply chain. The company conducts annual food safety and quality audits of Papa John’s Quality Control Centers where its original pizza dough is made to ensure compliance with U.S. food safety and quality standards and its own global food safety standards. Papa John’s also ensures all suppliers have undergone a third-party food safety audit. In addition, the company audits its ingredient suppliers annually and provides feedback to drive continuous improvement.

quote:

Shaq-Themed Papa John's Franchise Opens in Georgia as Papa John’s and Shaquille O’Neal Launch New Shaq-a-Roni Pizza

Papa John’s announced today the launch of the new Shaq-a-Roni pizza in collaboration with board member and restaurant owner Shaquille O’Neal. Designed to deliver a bigger pizza experience, Papa John’s will donate one dollar from every Shaq-a-Roni sold through August 23, 2020 to The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community, which supports communities as they work together for equality, fairness, respect and opportunity for all.

“It was important to me for the Shaq-a-Roni to be bigger than just pizza. By giving my new pie a try, one dollar will be donated to The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community to support COVID-19 relief, the fight against racial injustice, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, UNCF (United Negro College Fund) and general community involvement,” said Shaquille O’Neal, Papa John’s Board Member and franchise owner.

Conceived by O’Neal himself, the Shaq-a-Roni is an extra-large pizza made with Papa John’s fresh, never-frozen six-ingredient dough, topped with extra cheese and extra pepperoni, then cut into Papa John’s largest slice size to-date.

“From the work of The Papa John’s Foundation to the efforts of our local franchisees and team members, Papa John’s is committed to supporting our communities, especially during this challenging time in our country,” said Rob Lynch, President and CEO of Papa John’s. “We’re excited to combine all the best ingredients for coming together in support of our neighbors – a Shaq-sized pizza, topped with extra ingredients, with a donation from every purchase going back into our communities.”

The partnership includes a $4.3 million payment to Shaquille O’Neal and a rebranding of several Papa John's locations as "Shaq Shacks" in the Georgia market.

“I have truly enjoyed the high-quality Papa John’s product for years and am excited to be able to help Papa John’s raise their game to new heights,” O’Neal said. “This is a triple threat opportunity for me. I am excited to be investing in nine stores in my home town of Atlanta and being an ambassador for the brand."

The larger-than-life pizza is also accompanied by an exclusive Snapchat AR experience for fans who order the Shaq-a-Roni. Using the Snapchat app, customers simply point their camera at the pizza box to reveal a 3-D surprise. Next month, the brand plans to unveil additional AR surprises across its social channels. Papa John's partnered with InovativeLabs and invested $320,000 to create this exclusive augmented reality design.

More information about the Shaq-a-Roni pizza, including the Papa John’s Foundation and its grantees, can be found at https://www.papajohns.com/foundation.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

That’s a lot of words about a boring pineapple pizza and very few words about the excitingly terrible banana pizza.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Pizza chains are all getting together with multi-million dollar partnerships that sound like they will be BWM.

I'm sorry, but Papa John's will be forever known to me as the fascist pizza chain after their owner's poo poo.

Follow up: Does taking money for doing nothing from fascists make you complicit or an anti-fascist exploiter?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

smackfu posted:

That’s a lot of words about a boring pineapple pizza and very few words about the excitingly terrible banana pizza.

It isn't available in the U.S. and I wish there was more info. I didn't even realize that Papa John's has hundreds of European locations.

Speaking of things that are unfairly withheld from the U.S...

quote:

Taco Bell Launches Exclusive House Wine

Taco Bell in Canada has wine-lovers all abuzz with news about a limited-time wine offering. Dubbed simply, Taco Bell Jalapeño Noir is on the menu only at select stores in Hamilton and Toronto in Canada or via https://www.tacobell.ca.

The wine, which goes on sale Wednesday for $25 Canadian, is the perfect pairing to the brand's toasted cheesy chalupa, according to a Taco Bell spokeswoman, who said via email that it complements the notes of "wild strawberry, cherry, and beetroot in this silky red wine."

The chalupa, which made a brief appearance last year on U.S. menus, features aged sharp cheddar cheese toasted onto the chalupa shell and seasoned beef and toppings. It's available now in Canadian locations as well as at tacobell.ca, and U.S. fans will see it back on the menu by November as an LTO.

Taco Bell did not confirm if the wine would be available outside Canada but offered this bit of teasing information, "You'll be hearing from me once more this week," to be interpreted any way you choose, at least for the time being.

Canada got the Chalupa back too.

Edit: Papa John's has apparently released 2 of their 12 Augmented Reality presentations, but I can't find anything that shows what they look like.

I have no idea what you could do to make 12 different augmented reality presentations about Pizza and Shaq.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 15, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Papa Johns is the company that gave Taylor swift several million dollars for the privilege of giving her tens of millions of dollars to buy her CDs upfront and to try to resell them when people bought a pizza. They are godforsakenly stupid.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Barudak posted:

Papa Johns is the company that gave Taylor swift several million dollars for the privilege of giving her tens of millions of dollars to buy her CDs upfront and to try to resell them when people bought a pizza. They are godforsakenly stupid.

"I got a blank check baby...and you'll sign your name!"

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Counter point- that’s how I was introduced to Tony Hawk on PS1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

savesthedayrocks posted:

Counter point- that’s how I was introduced to Tony Hawk on PS1.

The demo disc was free with the order of the Pizza, Taylor's album you had to pay full price ontop of the pizza.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

now that's Entergagement

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

The demo disc was free with the order of the Pizza, Taylor's album you had to pay full price ontop of the pizza.

Wait what? Was it some exclusive only through them thing or some bonus track? Or just the same album now with pizza.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

honda whisperer posted:

Wait what? Was it some exclusive only through them thing or some bonus track? Or just the same album now with pizza.

It was just the same album, but Papa John's took a 25% loss on the pizza. I guess the idea was that there would be tons of Taylor Swift fans who wanted the album, but wouldn't buy the album until they ordered Papa John's. This huge volume of people would make up for the 25% discount.

quote:

Papa John's Teams with Taylor Swift on Highly Anticipated Red Release

Papa John's announced today that they are getting together with Taylor Swift for the highly anticipated release of the six-time Grammy-winning superstar's latest CD, Red. Papa John's is offering customers the opportunity to engage with the brand and Taylor's new CD through a variety of channels, including the ability to purchase Red and a large one-topping pizza for $22 in-store or at https://www.papajohns.com beginning Oct. 22.

Available now at https://www.papajohns.com/taylorswift, customers can sample Taylor's latest video on "Papa's Pizza Party Playlist," shop for Taylor merchandise packages, and enjoy a 25 percent savings on regular menu priced orders through the limited-time "Taylor Swift Pizza Party" offer, using the promo code 25RED for online orders. The offer is good through Oct. 21.

Promotional components of the partnership between the mega-star and the world's third largest pizza company include a customized four-color large pizza box, in-store point-of-purchase elements and a Web page — all featuring Taylor's image from the Red CD cover.

"We're thrilled to partner with Taylor Swift on the launch of her highly anticipated CD, Red," said Papa John's Founder and CEO John Schnatter, about the brand's foray into the music world. "It's a successful combination of No. 1's. Papa John's is No. 1 in the American Customer Satisfaction Index and the Harris Poll Equitrend® Study, and Taylor has spent weeks at No. 1 atop Billboard's all-genre Hot 100 chart and topped the iTunes charts in 32 countries."

Papa John's is also sponsoring the "Taylor Swift Worldwide Radio Remote," bringing Taylor to fans across the country live from Nashville on Oct. 26. More than 70 radio stations will participate and provide fans with the opportunity to win "Taylor Swift Pizza Parties" from Papa John's.

Taylor said, "I'm excited to be partnering with Papa John's for the launch of my album, Red. I love the idea that fans can order my CD with their pizzas."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Something not mentioned there that I know because I worked on that failure, they had to pay for the CDs upfront, so TayTay basically sold an extra million copies.

Whoever negotiated that deal on behalf of Taylor Swift is a negotiating god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

deleted