Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did not kill Jen X last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Squiggly admitted he was lying about the not having a night action part.

Uh no I didn't? That's saying in his scenario, is be lying and still not responsible for night kills

This is a very weird read

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In fact, I didn’t visit Jen x last night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i just assumed hyperspace did the kill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Squiggly posted:

Uh no I didn't? That's saying in his scenario, is be lying and still not responsible for night kills

This is a very weird read

In his scenario you would be lying and did the night kill, that’s pretty obvious

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

t a s t e posted:

i just assumed hyperspace did the kill

Who? Siv? She didn’t have any killing part of her role. Unless we have a n0 inventor I don’t see it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
In his scenario where I receive roleblock flavor? You're struggling man

Retro Futurist posted:

Personally I would not, as a mod, tell someone they were jailed if they didn't have an action.

I mean I wouldn't tell them they were jailed either way, just "action failed" if the had one.

All of which is moot because with siv dead we literally only have Squiggly's word. Let's do what we should have done yesterday, if he flips town go ahead and kill me tomorrow

This post is scum anger at mod so hard hahahahahahah

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I made it pretty clear it was a 1-shot. I think RF is the dunk today for me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

In fact, I didn’t visit Jen x last night.

If only we had Tobbs' ability still.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm going to take it then you did not receive any flavor that SiV jailed you, as she stated was the plan when she claimed?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Who? Siv? She didn’t have any killing part of her role. Unless we have a n0 inventor I don’t see it

hyperspace did not flip town aligned

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Amnistar posted:

I'm going to take it then you did not receive any flavor that SiV jailed you, as she stated was the plan when she claimed?

Didnt get a PM but can check discord

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Squiggly posted:

In his scenario where I receive roleblock flavor? You're struggling man

This post is scum anger at mod so hard hahahahahahah

Wow more misrepresentation from squiggly how unusual.

The point (of both posts really) is that you wouldn’t get jailed flavour without a passive role. You’re either lying about the flavour, or about your role.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Didnt get a PM but can check discord

Yup nothin

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

t a s t e posted:

CapitalistPig posted:

Spacing in vienna - Radiohead - Up on the ladder - Town aligned was killed on night 1

uhh?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

t a s t e posted:

##vote toalpaz like i said yesterday

taste, how did you decide to vig Steak over other options?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

t a s t e posted:

:thunk:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

t a s t e posted:

What in the hell are you talking about? Who is hyperspace? Because siv, whose power was “trapped in hyperspace”, was town aligned

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was hoping you lied

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Okay so in this case I'm a liar who still didn't do the night kill(s)

Yo what do you mean by this then Squiggly? To me it seemed like you were claiming a NA after originally not?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tremendous, Taste :thumbsup:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay.

My only issue is that Jen claimed vengeful, daring scum to come at them. I have a hard time believing that opop would go after Jen after that. I'm actually more inclined to believe there is a 3rd way that someone could ignore the vengeful kill based on squiggly's response.

So, with that...

b-minus1 posted:

Taste is scum

b-, anything you can say to back this?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Is this one of those "too careless/obvious/scummy to be scum" plays that's all the rage these days?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

trapped in hyperspace is an incredibly goonish name tbf

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Yo what do you mean by this then Squiggly? To me it seemed like you were claiming a NA after originally not?

Supposing everything amni said was true (which it's not) logically I could still not be the killer

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Like if I have a night action, I get jail flavor and still cannot do the kills because I was loving jailed

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
But I don't so I still couldn't and I was still jailed

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Squiggly posted:

Supposing everything amni said was true (which it's not) logically I could still not be the killer

Squiggly posted:

Like if I have a night action, I get jail flavor and still cannot do the kills because I was loving jailed

I mean, I'm buying your claim because how quickly you responded to the lie detector request (or you're scum with Tobbs) but that's not entirely true? If the scum team has a roleblock, then they could have roleblocked siv making it safe to claim jail with no potential counter claim.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Amnistar posted:

I mean, I'm buying your claim because how quickly you responded to the lie detector request (or you're scum with Tobbs) but that's not entirely true? If the scum team has a roleblock, then they could have roleblocked siv making it safe to claim jail with no potential counter claim.

cheese flipped as a roleblocker, so there's not another one in the mix

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

cheese flipped as a roleblocker, so there's not another one in the mix

Is that a thing? I'm not seeing anything in the OP to suggest that there are guranteeing no duplicate roles.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Is that a thing? I'm not seeing anything in the OP to suggest that there are guranteeing no duplicate roles.

though scum team mate getting jailed nets the same result for the purposes of "counter claim me."

now I'm second guessing squiggly as scum because I'm coming up with ways that this could be a gambit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think the simplest explanation is that you're lying about being jailed or a scum team mate was jailed last night and you were okay to fake claim it at squiggy

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amnistar posted:

You're right, it's just very unlikely there's a town roleblocker, town jailor, and scum roleblocker role which is where PoP's vote is coming from

That's a lot of wind deflating from my sails tho bummer bro

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Occam’s razor here is that squiggly is a bp who killed Jen, and then when he saw siv flip he saw an easy escape. I just complicate things and if you want to kill me first fine, but we should kill the guy we were going to kill before we did yet another last minute rush onto town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I think the simplest explanation is that you're lying about being jailed or a scum team mate was jailed last night and you were okay to fake claim it at squiggy

drat I didn’t even think of that one, that makes even more sense

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
The only reason I mind dying today is because RF flipping scum clears me

Otherwise this seems to be a good game with some dumb plays and I don't want to be in lylo with this terrible town. Like the only reason I had to claim was for a terrible bandwagon. You can't all be scum, meaning there's some really bad town votes too

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Retro Futurist posted:

Occam’s razor here is that squiggly is a bp who killed Jen, and then when he saw siv flip he saw an easy escape. I just complicate things and if you want to kill me first fine, but we should kill the guy we were going to kill before we did yet another last minute rush onto town

If we kill you and you don't flip scum then yeah I'm dead. You are scum though and die tomorrow regardless after my flip

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Retro Futurist posted:

drat I didn’t even think of that one, that makes even more sense

I'd find that easier to believe if the claim wasn't so early in the day, it was 9 minutes after the flip.

Amnistar posted:

I don't see it explicitly, but I'd take it as a given from the "generating a list of roles" part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I still think amni is scum and his defending RF who seems pretty solidly caught by night action mafia gives me hope.

May as well put my vote where my mouth is.

##vote Rf