Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

milky androids are out, completely out.

now it's all about... piths in spaaaaaaaaaaace!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

This show has made me realize that I have a thing for women with asymmetric mullets that look like they were done with hedge clippers.

For real. I figured I was the only one. I’m not sure how I got here but I’m not questioning it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Collapsing Farts posted:

Only one guy said this and he probably is a troll

This show looks amazing

The only effect I think looks kinda bad is when they close-up on Mother Necro's face, but it also works because the character is a weird loving marble robot god.

I was pleasantly surprised by the desert set they used and wish the new Dune movie would have made even a little attempt at looking more otherworldly like this show did.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mothers eyes in necro mode are straight up terrifying to me and I don’t know why but good job FX team

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Only one guy said this and he probably is a troll

This show looks amazing

not trolling, this shows sets look worse than the ones on stargate atlantis

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by the desert set they used and wish the new Dune movie would have made even a little attempt at looking more otherworldly like this show did.

They're shooting on location. If it were a set they'd not be doing as much day-for-night filming.

South Africa, wooo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scary ghost dog isn’t wrong. Outside of the big snake skeleton and a couple other things like the CGI mother flybys, it’s pretty bland, visually.

If they can tell a good enough story though, the sets won’t matter as much

^^^^^ I said a couple pages ago, but those day for night shots really bug me for some reason

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

upgunned shitpost posted:

milky androids are out, completely out.

now it's all about... piths in spaaaaaaaaaaace!!!!!

???

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're shooting on location. If it were a set they'd not be doing as much day-for-night filming.

South Africa, wooo.

its because day-for-night shots are iconic of low budget trashy scifi television

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the mithraics wear combat pith helmets too

upgunned shitpost fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 14, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

More like pithraic

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

the mithraics wear combat pith helmets too

Yeah, I knew what you were referring to. I love that "To be discontinued..." at the end of the episode. When you said piths the first thing I thought of was Dark Helmet tho :v:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

its because day-for-night shots are iconic of low budget trashy scifi television

They have underaged actors. Nightshoots were never going to happen.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Are Marcus and sue supposed to be wearing atheist gear in ep2? I guess there's no suns on it and a big 'A' on the helmet so I guess yes.

Also lol at using 20th century kinetic weapons when you have FTL tech. Would have been more realistic if they had 200 year old AKs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Shaocaholica posted:

Are Marcus and sue supposed to be wearing atheist gear in ep2?

My assumption was they were scavanged mithraic battle gear, they had a real crusader vibe to them

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I wonder if the visor protects against necro blast. They never show what the standard weapon used to fight the necros is either. The capture electro gun doesn't count.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Visor seemed like it was for protecting against the collateral effects of a passing shrieking necro, if one has locked onto you you’re probably hosed!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I mean it makes sense if they make a weapon that depends on you looking at the source they would make a counter to it in the form of some eye gear.

Now a necro with a gun would be pretty brutal.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 14, 2020

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

how is your murderbot supposed to snap a baby's neck if it's holding a gun?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Slings should still be a thing in 200 years

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

how is your murderbot supposed to snap a baby's neck if it's holding a gun?

I dunno, how normally do you deal with an armed baby

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I do find it hard to believe that multiple kids who are starving to death and being actively hunted by delicious porkbeasts think this is a good time to go vegan :shobon:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I guess they know what pork tastes like. Also tastes like human. Also weak rear end alien moves just like the covenant alien but like Lv.0 stats.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Paul is Muad'dib.

1. Little mouse

2. He is from another world, and has a voice. Therefore Lisan-al gaib

3. Schlepps across a desert

4. Mother is basically a bene gesserit if you think about it

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
gently caress that stupid mirror and poo poo, I don't want there to be any defenses against mother.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Headcrusher helmet will be the only defense vs mother.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I really like this dumb show. There is some really fantastic acting for the most part. I'm in love with the newly ordained prophet and seer and I think I almost have his haircut. I'm gonna shave the sides and see how it looks, already got the mullet.It's gonna look real bad

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Nuts and Gum posted:

I really like this dumb show. There is some really fantastic acting for the most part. I'm in love with the newly ordained prophet and seer and I think I almost have his haircut. I'm gonna shave the sides and see how it looks, already got the mullet.It's gonna look real bad

If there ever was a time to try bold haircuts, it's now

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

ded posted:

Headcrusher helmet will be the only defense vs mother.

She'd probably grow a new head somehow.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's an AI or something that's messing with Mother, Ragnar, rapist man and Father, yeah?

It's the voice on the ship that told rapist man to be a poo poo, it's the voice that infected Ragnar through the earwig device and is communicating with him. It got into Mother via the augmented reality device and Father via the new processor, and it's what's causing them to see Tally everywhere yeah?

That's my theory anyway.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
No, it's jesus

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Collapsing Farts posted:

No, it's jesus

No, it’s the Sun.

Praise the Sun!

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

There's an AI or something that's messing with Mother, Ragnar, rapist man and Father, yeah?

It's the voice on the ship that told rapist man to be a poo poo, it's the voice that infected Ragnar through the earwig device and is communicating with him. It got into Mother via the augmented reality device and Father via the new processor, and it's what's causing them to see Tally everywhere yeah?

That's my theory anyway.

It's whatever the gently caress is in that structure they found in the desert, rapist dude is just a rapist.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Azhais posted:

The story is actually about how there are nowhere near enough survivors or embryos to have a genetically viable human colony so we just get to watch the end of the human race while Mother tries to figure out where she went wrong

I don't understand why they didn't call the androids Banshees with their power set. Mother better raise some undead minions at some point.

Yeah I was wondering why OG Campion sent out 12 embryos when that isn't anywhere near enough to rebuild the human race. Mother would go batshit after the first disease wiped out ant colony that took root.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Yeah I was wondering why OG Campion sent out 12 embryos when that isn't anywhere near enough to rebuild the human race. Mother would go batshit after the first disease wiped out ant colony that took root.

There were more, but they could only remove twelve from the craft before it fell beyond their reach.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, even in Interstellar, there were thousands of embryos and Anne Hathaway and a sentient Tetris piece were going to raise them alone.

12 people just isn’t enough genetic diversity to restart humanity. You would need hundreds or thousands, not dozens.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

bit of a rough start, but the dude rocking an iron halo and wielding a giant laser disco circle is gonna go on to do big things.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope he just gets to be their canary for the rest of the series and never gets to take the helmet off, then just gets vaporized in the last episode.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There were more, but they could only remove twelve from the craft before it fell beyond their reach.

I just went and rewatched the opening, there were only 7 metal cases on the wall and no room for there to be more hiding away, so best case there were 42 babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I hope he just gets to be their canary for the rest of the series and never gets to take the helmet off, then just gets vaporized in the last episode.

or popped next episode. he's a bad character and plot device