Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Timeless Appeal posted:

Who wouldn't want a Keiko action figure?

DS9 PTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Timeless Appeal posted:

Who wouldn't want a Keiko action figure?

KIra. Polycule life is tough.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I bought the last Keiko figure on Amazon.

But I hosed up and didnt get the Leeta figure with dabo wheel.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You know you can buy those figures for like $2 carded at almost any flea market?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hannibal Rex posted:

Try watching The First Duty, For the Uniform and In the Pale Moonlight back to back. I still think DS9 dropped the ball in the last couple of seasons with the Pah Wraith/Sisko's mom was a prophet storylines. Sisko should have resigned from Starfleet and/or been court-martialed at the end.

I've been slowly rewatching DS9 lately and just got to season 5, but I seem to recall that the last season or so kind of had Sisko basically planning to retire to Bajor after the war was over.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

She’s missing seasons 3 and 5. :argh:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EimiYoshikawa posted:

That was incredible.

The only reason they shouldn't have rolled with this is that she probably outranked Troi in terms of Command staff.

Sadface.

She's only a junior-grade lieutenant, she'd have been outranked just like Ro.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

She's only a junior-grade lieutenant, she'd have been outranked just like Ro.

Then, like, c'mon. After a take like that, how could they not roll with a look at the adrenaline junky portion of Starfleet?

Because there definitely always was one, even before bad modern trek writing and cinematography.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

The_Doctor posted:

You know you can buy those figures for like $2 carded at almost any flea market?

I had a super trekkie aunt when I was a kid (late 80s/early 90s) who would buy me all kinds of star trek stuff and constantly insist that it would be worth so much money when I was older. At one point I had like three of those huge plastic storage bins filled with star trek crap.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LEETA
the DABO GIRL

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

I had a super trekkie aunt when I was a kid (late 80s/early 90s) who would buy me all kinds of star trek stuff and constantly insist that it would be worth so much money when I was older. At one point I had like three of those huge plastic storage bins filled with star trek crap.

Aw, all I got was a cabinet full of disney plates.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

PerniciousKnid posted:

Aw, all I got was a cabinet full of disney plates.

Oh I had so many star trek plates you have no idea

Eight-year old me was not particularly appreciative of the commemorative dinner sets, but at least she got me plenty of TNG toys so all-in-all no complaints. I've still got the ST6 mug on my desk for pens, though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I got the STVI mug from no less than three sets of relatives plus my parents that year. I'm not sad to have backups.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Kesper North posted:

I got the STVI mug from no less than three sets of relatives plus my parents that year. I'm not sad to have backups.

don't tease us, post pics

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

No Luck Needed posted:

top ten dr crusher episodes

Remember Me 4.5
Attached 7.8
Suspicions 6.22
the Naked Now 1.3
True Q 6.6
Data's Day 4.11
High Ground 3.12
Ethics 5.16
the Host 4.23
Sub Rosa 7.14

Remember Me kinda scores big just because it's more of an Outer Limits episode.

"Ensign Wesley traps his mom in a collapsing bubble universe" is also just a fantastic concept.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Astroman posted:

LEETA
the DABO GIRL

honestly better than LEETA, BASHIR'S GIRLFRIEND or LEETA, ROM'S WIFE

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LEETA, the EMPRESS OF THE MIRROR UNIVERSE

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
LEETA but the action figure is just a gray plastic cylinder

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Brute Squad posted:

LEETA, WHO IS HER OWN PERSON AND ISN'T DEFINED BY THE MEN IN HER LIFE

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/rb81ub4.mp4

thought about this scene a lot today re: venus

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

ill personally pass on flea markets during a global pandemic to save $10 :shrug:

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Remember Me kinda scores big just because it's more of an Outer Limits episode.

"Ensign Wesley traps his mom in a collapsing bubble universe" is also just a fantastic concept.
Yeah, I thought this for a long time then I saw it again recently. I kinda forgot how early the mystery is ruined and how especially creepy the Traveler is in the episode. Still good but better in the mind's eye.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Crusader posted:

I know this remark is part of the thread's loop/collapsing static warp bubble, but holy drat the D bridge looks so good with movie lighting.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

General Battuta posted:

I know this remark is part of the thread's loop/collapsing static warp bubble, but holy drat the D bridge looks so good with movie lighting.

ah yes my favorite parallel posting universe

the enterprise B looks real slick in that movie too

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If I recall the cinematographer on Generations was, like, one of the best in the business and a grade above what star trek usually has.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Crusader posted:

I talk DS9 up a great deal, but TNG and TOS are truly iconic.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

lol at Riker's sleeves.

"I want this top shirt rolled up a little bit BUT NOT THE BOTTOM ONE."

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
IIRC that was Avery Brook’s uniform not quite fitting on Frakes.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HD DAD posted:

riker/sisko is canon

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Greeting Classic Trek Thread! I come to you from the Modern Trek thread bearing a wonderful gift, this brand new EXPERIENCE BIJ gang tag

(admin approval pending)

We're currently taking volunteers on who wants one so we can continue to rip Lowtax off in avatar change money, so if you're interested, head on over to the NuTrek Thread and let esperterra know you too wish to EXPERIENCE BIJ!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

HD DAD posted:

And Spiner was a bit too small to fit in O'Brien's, if I recall production stories correctly.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

who was the tallest star trek? who could bench the most?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

oh but seriously I posted:

star trek voyager ghostwrote joy division’s entire discography

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

oh but seriously I posted:

Not 100% sure he's the tallest, but I checked my top two contenders that sprang to mind, and it turns out Mr. Homn (Carel Struycken) is a full three inches taller at 7'0" than Ruk (Ted Cassidy).

Fun fact: they both played Lurch on their decades' respective versions of The Addams Family.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Brute Squad posted:

LEETA, FIRST LADY OF THE FERENGI ALLIANCE

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Powered Descent posted:

(Ted Cassidy).

this guy had a cool look

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It menaces with shafts of limestone. In the foreground is a captain. The captain is lurking with the shaft. In the background is an android. The android is searching for the captain.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

:dorftrek:

Powered Descent posted:

Exactly.

Rewatching DS9 and occasionally reading the memory alpha. Ran across this for Ties of Blood and Water

quote:

This episode introduces Weyoun 5 after his "death" in "To the Death" and reveals that the Vorta clone themselves (a premise which was created specifically so Jeffrey Combs could reprise his role). As Ira Steven Behr explains, "When we first saw Jeff Combs do the role in "To the Death", we were wishing we could find a different ending to the episode, because we really didn't want the character to die. But we couldn't think of anything. The next thing you know, they're out in Griffith Park, shooting the fight, and he's dead. I knew immediately that he had to come back. There was no way he couldn't."

And at least they address why people keep calling Gul Dukat "Gul" no matter his position. Military advisor to a civilian government, captain of a freighter, overseer of a station, leader of the cardassian empire, head of a cult. Still a Gul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

Or if you're playing Star Trek Online, Mirror Leeta, Admiral and commander of the Terran Empire Fleet. WHY NOT.