Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Burkie has the hockey senses and general insight of a moldy potato. And he's not even fired up and interesting. He's got the energy of a moldy potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Cocaine Bear posted:

Burkie has the hockey senses and general insight of a moldy potato. And he's not even fired up and interesting. He's got the energy of a moldy potato.

I just think they're neat!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Funnily enough being outspoken and surly with the press doesn't actually make you an interesting television personality.

Sure are a lot of them in hockey though.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1305560040615546880

Still no positive tests :toot:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
For all of the poo poo we give the league about this or that, they are a professional, well-organized, billion dollar enterprise. They do things properly... usually.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just waiting for Trump to point to nhl as an example for how it's done and why other sports should start again.. making me hate hockey .

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MRLOLAST posted:

Just waiting for Trump to point to nhl as an example for how it's done and why other sports should start again.. making me hate hockey .

A Trump already did.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Basically all sports are already back, there's nothing left to restart. Lots of leagues aren't even bothering with bubbles. Some states in the USA are even allowing thousands of fans to attend football games. If anything, at this point Trump would be more likely to mock the NHL for being too safe.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
If Trump learns the NHL is playing in Canada there's no way he mentions it, he can't take credit.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vegas never stood a chance.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I never expected the Stars to make it this far, yet here we are.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I wonder what SCF tickets would have cost in Dallas

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

loving

BEERS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am so happy I may not sleep

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shinjobi posted:

Congrats to you!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

After last night, I’m just going to whisper in your ear: Mike McCarthy.

Congrats on the Stars!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

After last night, I’m just going to whisper in your ear: Mike McCarthy.

Congrats on the Stars!

The cowboys can go 0-32 if it means the Stars take over this dumbshit city. I make that trade every time.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

GOD loving DAMMIT I HAD TO DRIVE HOME FROM CLASS WHEN IT WAS 0-2 AND I MISSED EVERYTHING gently caress ME

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1305707678535045123?s=20

:freep:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Sucks for Whitecloud but its for the best that Vegas doesn't win. They have now been eliminated in 3 different playoff rounds: 4th, 1st, 3rd.

Go Pavelski, Go Radulov.

I think it would be funny if Perry won a second Cup.

I also think it would be funny if a team with a bunch of Russians and Finns win a Cup in Edmonton.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao Vegas got owned :rip:

gently caress Dallas lol

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Crossposting from the other thread:

Zoran posted:

I was barely seven years old when my Stars were last playing for the Cup

holy poo poo

I was 19 the last time they won it, holy poo poo I'm old now :corsair:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
My favorite outcome is the Stars winning so for the next several years we can get monthly breakdowns from ThinkTank of why they were just lucky and won behind a hot goalie.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I chose the dumbest fuckin time to hop on the Stars. It was after their last appearance in the WCF, so I got to hop on the fuckin bandwagon as the team had no owner and had just snagged this nobody rookie named Jamie Benn. Only a decade, so I can't pretend to be a lifelong fan, but god drat yall this feels so drat good. I am beside myself that it's THIS team that has somehow found its way this far. Surreal.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Was a huge fan from like ‘96 to ‘04 and only started watching religiously again last year. Had no expectations for this season so this has been a wild ride.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Stars have been in some good games that more people should've watched and I expect that trend to continue in the SCF.

Shinjobi posted:

The cowboys can go 0-32 if it means the Stars take over this dumbshit city. I make that trade every time.

I like this post.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 15, 2020

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shinjobi posted:

Jerry Jones seething over another team taking over Dallas makes me laugh and smile.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
Grats Stars peeps!!!, also I know he sucked earlier this year but please be nice to Pavs, he is a cool dude who deserves both a Cup and better than Dog Wilson's bullshit.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Pavelski is for sure Old Guy Without A Cup Goes Second on this team.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Definitely rooting for the Stars because the Isles and Lightning are scum. Scum I say.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

I have fallen into an alternate universe where my Dallas Stars have made it to the SCF and it's a weird and delightful change from literally the rest of 2020.

I'm not sure how to feel.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Peter DeBoer just said in his post-game presser that playing against Demko "rattled our confidence"

YOU'RE WELCOME, DALLAS

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

grack posted:

Peter DeBoer just said in his post-game presser that playing against Demko "rattled our confidence"

YOU'RE WELCOME, DALLAS

is it too late to airlift him back in to play tomorrow night for the Islanders?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

grack posted:

YOU'RE WELCOME, DALLAS

Honestly I thought Vegas was probably done with that game 3 loss even though it only put them down 2-1. They worked their asses off to barely tie the game 2-2 after peppering Khudobin with shots, then have a defensive brain fart and lose 30 seconds into OT. After all the trouble they had with Demko the previous series I didn't think they could muster 3 wins in 4 games the way Khudobin was channeling Hasek.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. It's an odd one for Vegas. They can reasonably say they lost to a nuclear hit goalie, but their entire playoffs have been defined by dominating possession and shots and still losing.

They may need to have a rethink about how they attack and what they can do to create chances that goalies can't save.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
someone change the thread title

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

My favorite outcome is the Stars winning so for the next several years we can get monthly breakdowns from ThinkTank of why they were just lucky and won behind a hot goalie.

I have no opinion on the Dallas Stars and also they're nothing like the 11 Bruins. Thomas was terrific all year, Khubodin came out of nowhere. This is basically Cam Ward or JS Gigeure.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

someone change the thread title

lemme enjoy it for the next 1-3 days

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Def leave the thread title how it is. Hysterical.

Congrats Stars fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1305706326358724608