Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arcades don't exist anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Is there a reason the stream is shadowbanned? Still too new, or is it the game?

Edit: Apparently the algorithm doesn't like new accounts with this many viewers.

Willias fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 15, 2020

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Tabletops posted:

Shark has never played a rhythm game in a arcade. Wild. Mind blown. Why?

If you live in the states, it can be a crapshoot whether you have an arcade nearby that imports rhythm games, and another crapshoot on top of that whether they actually maintain their games.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Poops Mcgoots posted:

If you live in the states, it can be a crapshoot whether you have an arcade nearby that imports rhythm games, and another crapshoot on top of that whether they actually maintain their games.

This. I don't think I've seen a rhythm game besides DDR in arcades, and most of the time the pads are hosed up anyway. Why pay to play that when you can just sit at home and play stepmania with a keyboard?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yak of Wrath posted:

I'm not sure who it is but there is someone from Hololive Japan who appears to be holding a lot of the high scores, there should be a play off at some point.

It's aqua

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

AI

in doubt its because of her model (which is why mel and choco are in shadowban hell) so its probably because shes a new channel with so many viewers

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

free choco!!!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Okay there it is again. I swear Ina is Scottish or at least learned her english with the help of a Scottish person, because her speech is pretty noticeably accented. I've only rarely heard a not-Scottish person say 'wee' instead of 'small'.

e: Okay she said 'is nae' instead of 'isn't'. I'm convinced. :scotland:

she thought a boston accent was a british one tho

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

SpartanIvy posted:

This. I don't think I've seen a rhythm game besides DDR in arcades, and most of the time the pads are hosed up anyway. Why pay to play that when you can just sit at home and play stepmania with a keyboard?

Huh. Round 1 is allover and has tons of rhythm games.

Idk I lived in a smallish (100k) town in Florida and there were 4 or 5 places with rhythm games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

By contrast, there hasn't been an arcade around here since Tekken 3 was big, and the last time I played in one predates the PS1/N64.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Phantasium posted:

By contrast, there hasn't been an arcade around here since Tekken 3 was big, and the last time I played in one predates the PS1/N64.

Where is here? Most of the places were inside bowling alleys and poo poo where I mentioned earlier.

Also wow aqua is in the top 3 on every song she's played so far lol

Edit: korone too

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 15, 2020

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

free choco!!!

Subscribe to Choco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucLKlJIWP8s&t=121s

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Tabletops posted:

Huh. Round 1 is allover and has tons of rhythm games.

Idk I lived in a smallish (100k) town in Florida and there were 4 or 5 places with rhythm games.

the Round 1 in Auburn Hills, MI is popular as hell and has a bunch of ryhythm games. DDR, FF Theaterhythm, some other crazy japanese ones. My friend is really into Sound Voltex.

place is always packed.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's honestly astonishing how talented these girls really are, now that they're each getting their time to shine. I'm sure Kiara has some hidden mastery that we haven't seen yet, but being completely fluent in three considerably different languages is no small feat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd have to drive like 3 or 4 hours if I wanted to play Sound Voltex in an arcade

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

It's honestly astonishing how talented these girls really are, now that they're each getting their time to shine. I'm sure Kiara has some hidden mastery that we haven't seen yet, but being completely fluent in three considerably different languages is no small feat.

Kiara's (not so) hidden mastery is annoying Calliope.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Still mildly sad that Gura didn't just go with "Chums" for her fans name, and that we didn't get "Me Ole' Muckers" from Amelia.

Also if Kiara can balance it, being able to play an RPG where she can live translate english to japanese or japanese to english for the other half of the audience is a pretty significant talent in and of itself, and RPGs seem to be what she is the most into

but who am I kidding she's probably secretly a nuclear physicist and holds speed run records on multiple FROM games.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also for people talking about ffxiv streams, two of the holoID girls have been doing ffxiv streams I assume together

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tabletops posted:

Also for people talking about ffxiv streams, two of the holoID girls have been doing ffxiv streams I assume together
All the holoIDs are playing it. Also in Nijisanji, there's a ton of people that play FF14. Shiba just caught up with Shadowbringers the other day, and FF14 is pretty much the only game Warabeda plays

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/akaihaato/status/1305736308136882176

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I can't handle how cute this Japanese learning stream from Amelia is. 30k people watching someone do Duolingo tests. The JP people in chat are being very nice and encouraging.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Waking up and watching lulu calmly and slowly consume some random game, no matter how frustrating, is the best way for me to start each day.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTirRPzXoc

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Hear some of the EN tubers got some good numbers, I hope they make for some powerful milestone streams like from when Mito was hitting 600k last week.

End of that stream presented without context and with no language knowledge required, can't imagine anyone regretting clicking this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyIWjOSBr6c&t=1643s

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTB5Zwkgiio

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Tabletops posted:

Well, Moona is playing ffxiv, while Risu is wandering the streets of limsa, hopelessly lost, for the entire 90 minute stream.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ydgEipkUEU :whatup:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
yo f**k this smoke

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oh my god bless this nervous dork :kimchi:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Every day that passes, I fall further in love with this Tsundere boomer wine aunt grim reaper. The lore of death sensei is so good too.

EDIT: Callie has reached 200k!

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 15, 2020

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Pfft. That reaction to Kiara's message was great.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

You can tell her music's popular, she's only the second to 200K but she's the first to 2 million views by a considerable amount.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
The 2 million may be due to the fact she has like twice the number of videos as everyone else with her music video releases.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Also shorter content tends to get a lot more views from the algorithm recommending it to people rather than longer stuff, those views then lead to extra subs but not necessarily extra viewers on longer stuff like streams. You see a lot of that with Fubuki from her short acapella meme videos and such, very high sub count but pretty low viewership for her streams compared to that sub count.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"How do [phoenix] procreate?"
[lewdish noises]
"No egg, only ash."

Edit: Forgot the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q10HmxGx0MI

Other Edit:
https://twitter.com/Edoman1106/status/1305507021295296512?s=20

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 15, 2020

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFjyGOZlw

good god, it’s happening

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Ah so there is a vtuber thread in the last place I look.

Anyway Haachama is the best vtuber ever.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

"i'm killing so many chickens" says the girl double fisting drumsticks

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I feel conflicted about her love for pineapple on pizza and in burgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I started down this vtuber hole back in 2017 with Kizuna Ai, Mirai Akari, Siro, Hinata, ect and while they were neat this new style is better I think. I think all the old vtubers still do the prerecorded skits, except Siro who added streams to that.