Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Don't judge a streamer until you've solo queued eight hours a day every day in their shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Can I judge them for doing that

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Not judging in any way
He just seems too much in distress all the time I see clips of him https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyDarkDonkeyNerfBlueBlaster

bushisms.txt posted:

Shiv is a beautiful soul who just wants proper teammates

We all do

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
classic pubbie lifeline

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MarshyMcFly posted:

Watch that number turn into a million at some point. People are nuts.

I wonder if Respawn will give someone a shiny gun skins for guns if they do that

Aeflic got one for a million kills on his Anchor in Planetside 2

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every clip i see of Shiv i just realise that he's basically taking how i feel and actually emoting it out loud rather than just sighing before clicking onto the next match.

That lifeline clip is a classic case of "i wish i could uninstall this game for other people".

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just had some guy say some choice gamer words into chat because i took his bloodhound from him while i was getting water, and then the instant we get in game he throat rippingly starts banshee screaming lmao

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
3v3
Our pathfinder is downed and killed
Our lifeline downs their revenant
Lifeline almost downs their octane, I finish him
Their bloodhound jogs around a corner breathing heavily and downs me
Lifeline throws her drone to res me
They begin fighting over my body, lifeline is downed
Their bloodhound is panicking and trying to reload as I pull myself to my feet
Magdump my flatline into his face and win the day, cheering all around
Of course this was the best moment in days and I just happened to have had shadowplay off that day to boost performance while streaming earlier but it happened I swear

In other news, I'm 200 RP from hitting Diamond for the first time ever and games are either 2nd-3rd place +100 ish points or teammates are Plat 4 land-in-enemy-squads tier -36 point games, in a roughly 1:3 ratio

Is it just me or are most people in plat just bouncing off the bottom and have given up and just play it like unranked? My teammates have been Plat 4 easily 80%+ of the time

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Yes, that's one reason ranked is bad. If you can get from 4 to 3 you can get to the next tier at any level, but if you can't you can just w key relentlessly for no penalty.

Playing ranked solo is just asking to be frustrated.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

frustrated? yes, absolutely
sense of achievement for soloing to diamond?
unlikely but here's hoping
i find people take it slightly more seriously than unranked, in general, which is good enough for me

anyone in east asia looking to group? i play on tokyo servers

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

dogstile posted:

Every clip i see of Shiv i just realise that he's basically taking how i feel and actually emoting it out loud rather than just sighing before clicking onto the next match.

That lifeline clip is a classic case of "i wish i could uninstall this game for other people".

Shiv is the closest we'll get to a social media active Jason Mantzoukas. Loud and unintentionally sexy with a keen grasp on life.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Is it just me or are most people in plat just bouncing off the bottom and have given up and just play it like unranked? My teammates have been Plat 4 easily 80%+ of the time
There’s just a lot of meat heads in plat that think they’re good and have no idea what they’re doing. It’s either that or the people who literally just find the final ring and get second place because they have white shields and avoided everything the entire game. This actually happened to me once, we literally could’ve just gatekept the team that eventually won or just thirded them but the Watson we were playing with was that much of a wuss who was hell bent on getting second place an +6 points or whatever it is when you get zero kills and second place in plat.

Occasionally you get some good player who pushes fights and uses his mic etc. but it’s rare and even when you capitalize on those games you get a bunch of -36 games with the former players.

Don’t solo queue.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 13, 2020

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Yellow Yoshi posted:

That and rats who have literally never fought, die in the first engagement, and get points only when that happens at the 4-squads-left point.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

A lot of what sucks about solo queue is you just don’t communicate as well as a three stack.

That three stack is familiar with each other, knows what they like to do, etc. Faster callouts, better idea of who’s supposed to do what, like who’s the best shooter, who’s the guy when things get wild you collapse to him because he’s the most capable of winning a fight from a bad starting position.

That Wattson is doing what they feel best doing but it doesn’t necessarily align with the team.

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

I mean kinda, the problem there is when you have white shields you better third party the last fight quickly because you have no chance in a straight up battle vs a team that’s been fighting all game and has all the best weapons, sights, and probably even red and gold shields.

You’re also right about the call outs and communication though there’s so many times where these guys will just go in 1v3 with zero communication and go down instantly. On some level I don’t mind taking risks and potentially losing 36 points because I don’t want to play super conservatively and want to actually get better at the game/fighting but there’s a smart way to pick and execute those fights that a lot of players don’t grasp.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 14, 2020

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Always get a little laugh when tagging that one squad that shows up to the final circles with blue and white armor.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The solo ranked grind feels a lot worse this season. I constantly get absolutely brain-dead teammates in Gold. In previous seasons I could usually expect to win around one in every ten games, but this season is just 100% awful. Unranked, as per-usual, somehow manages to be even worse.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Shiv is the closest we'll get to a social media active Jason Mantzoukas. Loud and unintentionally sexy with a keen grasp on life.

Shiv is a giant man child that also happens to be good at apex.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

TrixR4kids posted:

I mean kinda, the problem there is when you have white shields you better third party the last fight quickly because you have no chance in a straight up battle vs a team that’s been fighting all game and has all the best weapons, sights, and probably even red and gold shields.

They don’t care, they’re not trying to win the final fight. They can hide to top 2 and get some points without really risking any.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone unable to access purchases or the rest of the game?

Can't even tab to the other screens, but I can still play. Can't pick any characters that need to be unlocked though.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 15, 2020

Raging Mule
Jan 17, 2007
I've had that issue a few times, but it was when the new seasons start

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone unable to access purchases or the rest of the game?

Can't even tab to the other screens, but I can still play. Can't pick any characters that need to be unlocked though.

You've been shadowbanned for not rezzing your teammate that one match. You know the one :colbert:

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

Songbearer posted:

You've been shadowbanned for not rezzing your teammate that one match. You know the one :colbert:

LIFELIIIIIIIIINE!!!!1111

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

That seems ... excessive?

I guess a weapon counts for three items, since it also spawns 2 ammo boxes?
Edit: I don't think it does, I crafted a 301 with two boxes and I'm at 1.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 15, 2020

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You’ve got lots of time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope that is a full level challenge at least and not a 6k one

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

i have finally done it
just won my last game in plat, the solo-queue to diamond is accomplished and now i can 0-kills die repeatedly in diamond at last
life is good

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Yellow Yoshi posted:

i have finally done it
just won my last game in plat, the solo-queue to diamond is accomplished and now i can 0-kills die repeatedly in diamond at last
life is good

Post your season stats please, would love to laugh at how bad I am in comparison

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Post your season stats please, would love to laugh at how bad I am in comparison

its not really very special

sorry my game is in japanese i put some translation

my games normally go 0/1-kill death in first few minutes or 8+ kill/assist top 5, there isn't much in between
tales from diamond ranked games: i won my first two games (yay 3 win streak), then on the third game we're dropping and see enemies going to the same place so we spam enemy-ping it and asshat mirage decides to land in the middle of them (he died)
i guess even platinum isnt a good enough filter sometimes

i have been maining bloodhound this season, was bangalore last season and still play her when someone picks bloodhound before me. started this season at gold 3 (i think) after finishing plat 1 last season

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've been playing with some friends, mostly new.

It's loving painful. The game just throws them into my mmr. Apparently the difference between playing with me and playing without is so extreme that they're surprised people hit shots when they play.

Goddamn. No wonder this game sucks for group play if the skill level is mixed.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 15, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If competitive team compositions interest anyone, from watching a bit of the recent ALGS tournament here is what characters teams took.

Pick one: 100% Mandatory Wraith. Portal too strong compared to anything else for pushing or getting out of a bad location.
Pick two: 90% Wattson, fences and pylons still great for holding or third party warning, combo's well with wraith portal so they can't be used against you as easily, sometimes replaced by Gibraltar.
Pick three: Almost always a Recon class or Gibraltar, Crypto being the most popular followed by Bloodhound then Pathfinder.

All six of these characters have abilities that play well to positioning in a final circle so it's no surprise they are so popular.

Bonus video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKWU5LPRkY&t=9541s
Time stamp at 2H 39M to watch a wraith kidnap a team.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If competitive team compositions interest anyone, from watching a bit of the recent ALGS tournament here is what characters teams took.

Pick one: 100% Mandatory Wraith. Portal too strong compared to anything else for pushing or getting out of a bad location.
Pick two: 90% Wattson, fences and pylons still great for holding or third party warning, combo's well with wraith portal so they can't be used against you as easily, sometimes replaced by Gibraltar.
Pick three: Almost always a Recon class or Gibraltar, Crypto being the most popular followed by Bloodhound then Pathfinder.

All six of these characters have abilities that play well to positioning in a final circle so it's no surprise they are so popular.

Bonus video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKWU5LPRkY&t=9541s
Time stamp at 2H 39M to watch a wraith kidnap a team.

That's an improvement from the first tournament I looked at where it was 100% Wraith, 100%Wattson and 100% Pathfinder.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Wraith's abilities are too powerful but this doesn't make the game unfair, any team can have a wraith
It makes the shitters pick wraith who then think they're god and can 1v57
A wraith on your team in solo queue will either speedrun and die 20 seconds in or will carry you to victory with 3k damage, in a roughly 95/5 ratio

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm very fond of the wraiths that will run past a Mozambique because its a bad gun and then die because they don't have a gun to fight back with.

Meanwhile yesterday I hit a 2100 damage game dual wielding the loving things. Granted, gratuitous use of hammer points (and i used grenades, so i cheated a little) but its not like you can't kill someone with it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

dogstile posted:

I've been playing with some friends, mostly new.

It's loving painful. The game just throws them into my mmr. Apparently the difference between playing with me and playing without is so extreme that they're surprised people hit shots when they play.

Goddamn. No wonder this game sucks for group play if the skill level is mixed.

Yes, even casual is skill-sorted to some degree. It's not consistent but the trendline will be murder. I had to literally stop playing with some Diamond players I met on LFG because the Casual games were just 10-game streaks of me getting my poo poo pushed in while doing less than 100 damage by some Wraith who wiggle-strafed while hitting every shot with their Wingman.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Not judging in any way
He just seems too much in distress all the time I see clips of him https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyDarkDonkeyNerfBlueBlaster

We all do

how is that a master level game lol

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

I clinched a duos win last night with a danger close Gibby ult double kill and it was the most satisfying finish I've had yet. Game is still fun.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

God dammit Respawn, this isn’t Armed & Dangerous, this is Armed & Dangerous Evolved. You got my hopes up ya jerks.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

John DiFool posted:

how is that a master level game lol

I guarantee if you look at any game that you're familiar with, even if you're not a pro, you'll find out that 99% of all players are loving idiots, just with various levels of aim. Even then, apex lets you rat your way to high ranks.

When i say 99% of players i also mean me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kanonvandekempen posted:

That's an improvement from the first tournament I looked at where it was 100% Wraith, 100%Wattson and 100% Pathfinder.

I feel like Lifeline could also get slotted into that tournament lineup now that her packages give you plenty of healing supplies, especially on king's canyon with charge towers.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 15, 2020