Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I’m pretty sure it’s just saying the cover is a shot from the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh poo poo, I see what you're looking at. No, that's just bad sentence structure - the cover features a scene from the film.

It's confusing because the tweet reads like this printing of Dune contains a new scene (but they'd have to credit that.)

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Nah the tweet is explicitly just showing off the new cover art and mentions it's from the movie. Y'all just have poor reading comprehension.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Jason Mamoa dying halfway through the movie is going to have people upset. Then nerds gonna be :smaug:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Jewmanji posted:

Wait so did Brian Herbert just write a scene from the movie into the original Dune or something? How weird.

DUNE: Special Edition

Now with full C++ instructions for a CGI dance number.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't think Dune will have a good adaptation until it ends with technicals parading through the Harkonnen base, and an ISIS flag drops down.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

phasmid posted:

Jason Mamoa dying halfway through the movie is going to have people upset. Then nerds gonna be :smaug:

It'll be at the very end of Part I, won't it?

I wonder if they're going to just call the next one Dune Part II or give it a subtitle.

(Well, it won't be part II, fancy movies call it Volume II or Chapter II these days)

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Probably be something terrible like dune rising or shadow of dune

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Probably be something terrible like dune rising or shadow of dune

Dune: In Donuts

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if they're going to just call the next one Dune Part II or give it a subtitle.

(Well, it won't be part II, fancy movies call it Volume II or Chapter II these days)

It really annoyed me how the first It movie kept changing, from It, to It - Part 1: The Losers Club (which is a great subtitle) and then retroactively became It Chapter One. They knew they were doing two movies! How hard is it to come up with sensible names?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

MikeJF posted:

D U N 2.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Payndz posted:

D U N 2.

2 N E

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Dune 2: The Sleeper has Awakened

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

T UU U N C

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not Dune anymore.

It’s Duncatwono

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

*Villeneuve looks at his Alien Quadrilogy DVD boxset*

"Dunes..."

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dune 2: Genetic Boogaloo

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
D U N C ²

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dune: In Donuts

Dune or Dunot

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Dune and Duner

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Microsoft's lawyers suddenly perk up and are not quite sure why.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Goons, let me know how far into this trailer breakdown you get before you try to verbally assault your monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8X3JbeEzLE

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Dune Harder

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Goons, let me know how far into this trailer breakdown you get before you try to verbally assault your monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8X3JbeEzLE

It's dumb as poo poo lol

Like not even in a Dune superfan way, it's literally saying poo poo like "some scenes are bright and some are dark, also I looked up the date the Pink Floyd record came out."

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Numbers are pretty rare for sequels these days. You get a certain number of people who just go "well, I didn't see Spiderman 1, so I'd be missing out on the story if I went to see Spiderman 2". So now everything gets a sub title instead to trick these people into going!

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It does kind of make you wonder how crysknives work.

*All fremen fight duels with twelve foot long finger-thin worm cilia*
Just the tip!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
One of my favorite Dune covers was for the DOS release of the original Cryo game, aka my left and right nostril when I have a cold:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

So are the Sardaukar going to have flowing locks or no.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

By Tom of Salusa Secundus

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anne Frank Funk posted:

By Tom of Salusa Secundus

Needs more bulge.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Needs more bulge.

That’s not a sword hanging there

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

phasmid posted:

I have a feeling they are gon a keep him around a bit longer.

In the trailer there is a scene with mamoa kneeling in front of Paul swearing allegiance to him as the Duke. Does that mean he survives the initial attack that kills off Leto?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/1305923024726765569?s=20

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

In the trailer there is a scene with mamoa kneeling in front of Paul swearing allegiance to him as the Duke. Does that mean he survives the initial attack that kills off Leto?

In the book he does. He dies covering Paul's escape from Kynes' sietch after the initial assault is over and the Sardaukar are mopping up and trying to genocide the Fremen. The Lynch movie condenses the escape sequence a great deal.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

he looks like an Uruk without the head painted

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

GlassEye-Boy posted:

I re-read the book and it's actually impressive how every scene in the trailer corresponds to a scene in the book. Well, almost; a few trailer scenes could go almost anywhere as part of character introductions. But yes, Idaho survives the initial attack, picks up Paul and Jessica from the desert (after they look out over the ongoing battle from a distance - this scene is in the trailer), swears fealty to the new duke (Paul), and then gets killed in a corridor fight (which I'm pretty sure we also see part of in the trailer) while covering Paul and Jessica's escape.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 15, 2020

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The credits list Momoa near the bottom, tagged "with" Jason Momoa. His part isn't going to be expanded THAT much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Last person 'with' is a super-important credit. I'm actually surprised he got that, I would've thought it'd be Oscar Isaac or Bardem.

EDIT: Oh, Rampling, Momoa and Bardem all got joint Last Billing.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 15, 2020