Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

The worst she got it was from Cris Cyborg (which ok, could be argued as potentially traumatic for anyone) and her opinion hardly makes her an out and out lovely person.

Welp this didn't age well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Katee please don't also be a poo poo person

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The thread title makes me smile.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Katee please don't also be a poo poo person

Her recent twitter stuff all seems to just be covid fundraiser stuff and mocking people that are boycotting some hallmark movie featuring a lesbian marriage, so she seems ok.

I can't be bothered to watch all her hours of livestreams on Youtube to investigate further, but if you've ever wanted to watch Katee Sackhoff and Tricia Helfer get vitamin injections that's the place to be

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

teagone posted:

The thread title makes me smile.

It's more fun if you read it in Carl Weathers' voice.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ballz posted:

:hmmyes:

But it’s most fun if you read it in Werner Herzog’s voice, which is usually the case.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ballz posted:

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

But it’s most fun if you read it in Werner Herzog’s voice, which is usually the case.

You've both made me very happy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“This must be the Lava River!” still slays me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

teagone posted:

She actively went out of her way to single out those tweets and "liked" them.

"just liked" is just as bad imo. Ooooooof.

[edit] I guess Gina Carano is now a transphobic COVID denier. Rhonda Rhousey is a transphobic Sandy Hook truther. Are there other MMA celebrities with stupid as gently caress opinions? I'm sure there are, right?

What have they said about transpeople?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Carano giving the equivalent of a virtual high-fives to people posting transphobic tweets, and Rousey, well... https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1600520-ronda-rousey-not-a-fan-of-fallon-fox-doesnt-want-transgender-ufc-womens-champ

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

MMA is not a monolith, there are a lot of extremely progressive immigrant fighters and a bunch of stupid CHUDs hooting and hollerin about MUH FREEDUMS.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gina doubling down

https://twitter.com/SW_takes/status/1305057023185154050

Jfc.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

baba boop bop beep

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The thing I’m choosing to take away here is that Pedro is a good dude who tried his best to keep his co-worker from eating her own feet for lunch.

All hail Pedro

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

She also liked an Ian Miles Cheong tweet about "what the hell is wrong with Black Lives Matter?", so... yeah. Feels like she's decided to just go all-in on this bullshit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

AndyElusive posted:

Also lol @ you guys pages back calling Gina Carano "brain trauma lady", she hasn't fought pro in years and even when she did, she wasn't ever knocked out. The worst she got it was from Cris Cyborg (which ok, could be argued as potentially traumatic for anyone)

look at these loving sentences

teagone posted:

[edit] I guess Gina Carano is now a transphobic COVID denier. Rhonda Rhousey is a transphobic Sandy Hook truther. Are there other MMA celebrities with stupid as gently caress opinions? I'm sure there are, right?

The only two punchsport celebrities who aren't at least partially worrisome chuds are Mick Foley and Stone Cold

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Isn’t John Cena legitimately just a nice dude?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

look at these loving sentences

The only two punchsport celebrities who aren't at least partially worrisome chuds are Mick Foley and Stone Cold

Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the absolute poo poo out of his wife, I used to love him too but.. yeah

There are lots of woke hippie MMA fighters, my fave is Thug Rose.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

chitoryu12 posted:

He is the founding member (and I think sole member) of the 400 AND 500 make a wish grants club

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jivjov posted:

He is the founding member (and I think sole member) of the 400 AND 500 make a wish grants club

Yep. Became the first person ever to grant 500 wishes...back in 2015. He’s still going.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Bust Rodd posted:

Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the absolute poo poo out of his wife, I used to love him too but.. yeah

There are lots of woke hippie MMA fighters, my fave is Thug Rose.

goddammit Stone Cold. At least I still have Foley. YOU ALL STILL HAVE FOLEY.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

chitoryu12 posted:

He is, along with all the Make-a-Wish stuff he's also been very outspoken about diversity and inclusivity. I think about the only really bad thing you can say about him is he's a bit of a skirt-chaser and wasn't very faithful to his ex-wife when they were married, but otherwise he seems like a genuinely good guy.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

there are quite a few wrestlers with good politics who are very much not chuds, but I’ll give you that being a pro wrestler in 2020 doesn’t really clear the bar in terms of ‘celebrity’ like it used to.

gina carano going full loser chud is disappointing. I really liked her character in the first season.

Sio fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 14, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So uh this is starting to get traction

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-mandalorian-fans-want-gina-carano-fired-for-mocking-trans-people-2752622?amp

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m guessing it’s too late to do much about season 2, but she probably won’t be back for three. I generally don’t like recasting a role, but I’d be ok if they did so as I’d hate to see the character get killed off over this. Gina can rot though...ugh.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's no way anything is happening in season 2 (it was finished filming before the pandemic shut down California and it's barely over a month from airing), but there's a pretty good chance the character gets put on a space bus after the finale.

Edit: I don't like how that article was written. It didn't show any of the tweets she liked about "the pronoun brigade" or all of her COVID stuff that sparked the first arguments. It makes it seem like she did just one joke and everyone is going crazy at her for no reason.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 15, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Somebody found a bunch of new S2 images floating around on their D+ app

https://twitter.com/OutlawNoah/status/1305699531443634176?s=20

More here

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Somebody found a bunch of new S2 images floating around on their D+ app

https://twitter.com/OutlawNoah/status/1305699531443634176?s=20

More here

He's on a boat!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

That must be the water river.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The razor crest flying in formation with X-Wings brings warm feelings to my heart

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

That must be the water river.

Wonder if it'll be like the lava boat and have an R0 unit operating it.

They could be the water version of the astromech.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Wrong thread, whoops

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/rogueone722/status/1305854657101791232?s=20

:ohdear:

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

The trailer seems to be on their Instagram...???

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKOg43gIkq/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YouTube link

https://youtu.be/eW7Twd85m2g

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Are we going to Hoth? That would be cool.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Neat trailer, more locations, more characters

Also nice use of the Hu, like the intro to jedi fallen order, now a canon band in games and tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIVQ5D9fevs

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm assuming that was Ahsoka after they mention "Jedi"? Her head tails seem pretty small under that hood, but that's a minor detail and not a big deal at all, and seemed to look like Rosario Dawson. Super excited to finally see her in live action form.

Looked cool as hell. Loved baby Yoda closing the little pod before the fight. Can't wait.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Is that Devito as the cyclops? Looks/sounds like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Looks like it might be Illum with the speeder bikes in the snow, similar to the Imperial trench as seen in jedi fallen order, starkiller base being built.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm assuming that was Ahsoka after they mention "Jedi"? Her head tails seem pretty small under that hood, but that's a minor detail and not a big deal at all, and seemed to look like Rosario Dawson. Super excited to finally see her in live action form.

Sasha Banks, another wrestler.

E: Sabine maybe?

drunkill fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 15, 2020