Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

can’t think of anything more celtics than losing to the wrong LA team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DeimosRising posted:

Bless y’all who think the Isaac less magic can take a game off the bucks I appreciate you but you’re very wrong they are awful

About that ...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Benne posted:

About that ...

the prayers and positive energies of my fellow posters did this for me. they made this happen and i'll always be grateful. to them

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
East Round 2

Bucks in 5
Celtics in 6

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Bucks in 5
Celtics in 7

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Bucks in 5
Miami might make this a series though, not super confident in anything. I think Milwaukee has too much but if there's any weakness Miami might be a lot feistier than expected.

Toronto in 6
I just don't think the Celtics will be able to hang with the raptors for 48 minutes. They'll miss Hayward a lot for his lineup flexibility.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Bucks in 5
Celtocs in 7

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Bucks in 5
Raptors in 6

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
East Round 2

Bucks in 6

Celtics in 6

west round 2

Clippers in 5

Lakers in 6

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 3, 2020

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

East Round 2 I’ve got

Raptors in 6
Bucks in 6

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bucks in 6
Celtics in 6
Clippers in 5
Lakers in 6

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Bucks in 6
Raptors in 7
Lakers in 6
Clippers in 6

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm changing my vote to strike resuming.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh if we're doing west as well:

Rockets in 7
Clippers in 6

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Bucks in 6
Raptors in 7
Lakers in 6
Clippers in 6

I think this is 100% accurate. Also I really like getting Laker's in 5 last round correctly :)

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Bucks in 5
Celtocs in 7

Lakers in 6
Clippers in 6

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Heat in 7
Middleton and Bledsoe are going to let Giannis down hard

Raptors in 7
Homer pick

Houston in 6
If James can beat Dort, he can beat anyone

Clippers in 7
Homer pick, Jamal Murray will make this not a total cakewalk

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 31, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
East Round 2 Heat vs Bucks
Bucks in 6. Giannis goes hambone. Jimmy wins the Heat some games, but it's not enough.

West Round 2 Celtics vs Raptors
Celtics in 7. I flipped a coin? I can't pick against the Raptors to win a bunch of games, but the Celtics are really good and if they keep shooting....yikes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bucks will win if they can bet back to their regular season style of play and get away from what they're doing now. Miami can win if they can keep this series messy.

Raptors and Celtics are so evenly matched that I am having trouble picking the winner here. I think the question is, can the Celtics continue to get production from as many people as they got in game one, or can the Raptors force them to rely on Brown and Tatum.

Houston is either the best or worst matchup in the league for the Lakers. It's a cliche to say the team that imposes its style wins (partially because it's pretty much true) but this might be the time this is most true. If Oklahoma makes it instead, this could be a wild one. Lakers blew the Thunder out without AD and LeBron this year but got handled pretty handidly by the Thunder in the Bubble. I think the way the Thunder would win this one is to take AD out of the game and force the Lakers to lean on LeBron to win.

If the Clippers bench and Paul George continue their return to regular season form, it doesn't matter who they play they'll cruise. Utah can make this a series with their shooting if the Clippers falter at all. If Denver can get healthy or MPjr defense isn't a mirage they have the wings to make George and Kawhi work, and maybe Denver can ride Jokic and Murray to wins if that happens, but I think the Clippers will really need to have their bench and PG to lay eggs for Denver to win this one.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

Houston in 6

James can't, Thunder over Lakers in 7

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Miami over Milwaukee in 6. Miami over Boston in 7.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

If Denver can get healthy or MPjr defense isn't a mirage

wait what mpjr defense

did he get a law degree or something is he carrying a gun now i'm confused

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DeimosRising posted:

wait what mpjr defense

did he get a law degree or something is he carrying a gun now i'm confused

Believe it or not he has been slightly better on defense the past couple of games. It's still really really bad but it has been good enough.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
It's weird to be a game or two into each East series and we don't even know what the matchups will be in the West.

East

Bucks in 6 - Butler and Spo will make it tough, but talent wins out.

Raptors in 6 - I think they'll feel the loss of Heyward in this series.

West

Lakers in 5 (vs OKC) 7 (vs HOU) - LA would match rather see the Thunder here. Nice simple conventional team they can out-talent as long their shooters can be average. The Rockets are a far worse matchup for them since the Lakers roster is exactly the type of roster the Rockets' style exploits, but I think playoff LeBron would will them through in the end.

Clippers in 5 - Neither the Jazz nor Nuggets have Luka Doncic to give them fits.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Bucks in 5
Raptors in 6

Clippers in 5
Lakers in 6

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Clips in 5

Rockets
In

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clips in 6

Rockets in 4

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

East Round 2

Bucks in 5
Celtics in 6

Lakers in 6
Clippers in 4

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

James can't, Thunder over Lakers in 7

gently caress me, Houston in 7

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Lockback posted:

Bucks in 5
Miami might make this a series though, not super confident in anything. I think Milwaukee has too much but if there's any weakness Miami might be a lot feistier than expected.

Toronto in 6
I just don't think the Celtics will be able to hang with the raptors for 48 minutes. They'll miss Hayward a lot for his lineup flexibility.

My above don't look so good.

Clippers in 5
Denver seems gassed and I think Murray is going to get slowed down a lot by a team with the best wing defenders in the league. Jokic might make this more competitive so I'm not as confident in this either but I think Denver used their juice to get here. I think Jokic will need to have an absolute monster series for this to be competitive.

Lakers in 6
If Houston shoots well from 3 they can absolutely beat anyone but otherwise they'll probably be playing from behind with Lebron and AD. Again, I think the rest here helps the Lakers, but I have it in 6 as I think the Lakers are still trying to round into form. They come into Game 1 firing this is probably a short series.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
miami in five against the raptors

i want toi say four but that feels too optimistic

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Celtics in 6

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Celtics in 6

Miami looks really good right now but while they've played talented teams, Indiana was hurt and the Bucks never looked like the Bucks in the bubble. Celtics are in playoff-form, and they've managed to adjust without Hayward better than I thought. Miami will steal one or two but I just don't know how they matchup.

Watch Miami's depth go bonkers and take this series though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Heats in 7

TEAM OF DESTINY

Nugget in 7

TEAM OF DESTINY

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 16, 2020

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Heat in 6 just to make the execs melt down about a Heat Nuggets series that will get no attention what so ever.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

C's 7

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Celtics in 6

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Celtics over Heat in 5
Lakers over Clippers in 7

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

Heat in 7
Middleton and Bledsoe are going to let Giannis down hard

Raptors in 7
Homer pick

Houston in 6

Clippers in 7
Homer pick, Jamal Murray will make this not a total cakewalk

only bad take here was the houston one, you'll never catch me believing in james harden again

anyways,

Celtics in 6
Miami is going to be very sad that they don't have a fred van vleet type defender to lock down kemba in this series. He's gonna feast.

Lakers in 6
Clippers are going to suffer bad in their non-zubac minutes. Lakers will comfotably play AD at pf all series long and there's no way the clippers will really punish them for it.

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I don't know whats going to happen in this bubble anymore.

Lakers in 6. I have to imagine the Nuggets are running out of juice, and they play WAYY more into the Lakers preferred style of play. Denver's deeper though so Lakers are going to need some more consistent bench help. I think they get it.