Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
oh that’s cool, the top button is a touch id sensor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

Apple pencil is pretty cool but the new MS pencil is loving mindblowingly lightweight.

edit: woah handwriting to text looks nuts

idk about you guys but i can type about 5x faster than i can write legibly enough for that to work

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
honestly faceid is very flaky on the ipad pro so this is probably better

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if the writing-to-text could parse shorthand then i may be more interested

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they'd better put that touchid button in phones now that we have to wear masks forever

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

poty posted:

honestly faceid is very flaky on the ipad pro so this is probably better
i don't have a problem with it on my phone except, you know, when wearing a mask. if they put this on the iphone 12, i will probably get it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rjmccall posted:

it’s two tiers, the one in the middle is just a family rate

each one also has different icloud storage tiers, 50gb, 200gb and 2tb

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

drat, can't belive no one ever put a fingerprint sensor in a side bubtton before

poty
Jun 21, 2008

so the ipad pro is getting a processor bump or getting discontinued because the air has the same good design and a much better cpu

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

qirex posted:

why do they make both the ipad and the ipad air

they inflated the cost of the iPad Pro to be "laptop replacement" territory so had to introduce a middle tier to fill that gap

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

this motherfucker makes people pronounce millet as mill-ay

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

i don't have a problem with it on my phone except, you know, when wearing a mask. if they put this on the iphone 12, i will probably get it.

yeah on the phone it works great its just the ipad thats the problem

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

poty posted:

so the ipad pro is getting a processor bump or getting discontinued because the air has the same good design and a much better cpu
there's still the bigger one, and it'll probably get the A14X and maybe more rams

poty posted:

yeah on the phone it works great its just the ipad thats the problem
ah, i don't have a faceid ipad

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

angdoid still has tablets ?

quote:

The new two-screen Surface Duo is undercooked.

Microsoft’s new $1,400 book-like phone-tablet thingy is not ready for me and not ready for you.

Unless, of course, you want an Android device that repeatedly ignores your taps on its screens, randomly slows down, struggles to figure out its own up, down and sideways positioning, and abruptly rearranges parts of its own interface. If that is your dream, well, then it is ready.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

qirex posted:

why do they make both the ipad and the ipad air

goose the specs of the ipad a little, sell it for $350, then scale down the specs/price of the pro because who the gently caress needs all the poo poo it has (let alone uses it)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

each one also has different icloud storage tiers, 50gb, 200gb and 2tb

are you seriously mad that a family plan has more storage than an individual plan because there are more people in a family

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rjmccall posted:

are you seriously mad that a family plan has more storage than an individual plan because there are more people in a family

hello welcome to yospos

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*stroking my chin thoughtfully* hmmm mr. apple this a14 certainly sounds impressive...but can it rip threads?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rjmccall posted:

im not mad im making an apple one/xbox one joke

wish fitness+ was on the lower plan tho

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmfao what is this gesture based dj app

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

im not mad im making an apple one/xbox one joke

oh i didn’t get it because i’m not a gamer

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

*stroking my chin thoughtfully* hmmm mr. apple this a14 certainly sounds impressive...but can it rip threads?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

they ditched the headphone jack like on the pro, didn't they?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jenny Agutter posted:

lmfao what is this gesture based dj app

djay is actually a really good app outside of that part

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
WORKS
WITH
MAGIC
KEYBOARD

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if you're not swapping actual records, you're not a dj

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

finally iphones can have two clocks

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

they ditched the headphone jack like on the pro, didn't they?

apple product manager writing "USB-C dongles" on white board, waiting a beat, then drawing a line through the s

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

gently caress yes ios14 so I can dodge calls easier.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the new blue color looks really nice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

if you're not swapping actual records, you're not a dj
lol even the most insane turntablists aren't vinyl snobs anymore

nothing wrong with records but when you see beat junkies/xecutioners/skatchpiklz level guys using serato and sometimes even controllers the writing is on the wall

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
no fones

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i just tuned in and the event was over with the camera travelling thru a rainbow apple colon xD

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

you're going to get a phone and we think you're going to love it

welp called that one wrong

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lmao an event that's only Watch and iPad is like that time in the 2016 Republican primaries when Trump hyped up the media into covering a press conference where he did nothing

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Last Chance posted:

i just tuned in and the event was over with the camera travelling thru a rainbow apple colon xD

joseph and the technicolor colonoscopy

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yikes

pram
Jun 10, 2001
so why would anyone buy an ipad pro now lol

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
the vinyl snobs have fully retreated into “the sound is so perfect and warm but only the very first time you ever play the record and then it’s irretrievably ruined” which is not really an idea compatible with sharing your music with other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

so whats the difference between the watch se and watch 5? i missed the beginning