Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A good poster posted:

Did anyone in Sheidheda's crew even know that's what the Space Ball was for? Everyone who had a clue was dead or in hiding, right?

Yea I don't think they had anyone who knows what it does. But it looks cool and was hidden, so it's gotta be worth something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No more chess metaphors TV writers please

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

No more chess metaphors TV writers please

Stop hiding and castling and accept your fate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're really dragging this season out. Next episode isn't until the 9th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

They're really dragging this season out. Next episode isn't until the 9th.

Might be because the CW has no other content right now.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Might be because the CW has no other content right now.

They have over 300 episodes of Supernatural! That's plenty of content.

They could do what Nick did with SpongeBob and just play it for 18 hours a day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I obviously meant NEW content.

GEEZE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's supposed to be why they bought a bunch of completed shows.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

That's supposed to be why they bought a bunch of completed shows.

And then they cancelled Taskmaster after one episode and replaced it with Supernatural. The Winchesters are inevitable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A good poster posted:

Did anyone in Sheidheda's crew even know that's what the Space Ball was for? Everyone who had a clue was dead or in hiding, right?

Speaking of the Space Ball: where the gently caress is Gaia? Did I miss a cameo somewhere in the intervening episodes? Poor girl was finally getting some character development before she straight up vanished from the plot.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

oh jay posted:

And then they cancelled Taskmaster after one episode and replaced it with Supernatural. The Winchesters are inevitable.

To be fair, airing a series that's freely available on YouTube without ads doesn't seem like a great strategy. Even if you watched the first ep and liked it (the correct opinion) there is not much reason to tune into the CW to watch more.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Vermain posted:

Speaking of the Space Ball: where the gently caress is Gaia? Did I miss a cameo somewhere in the intervening episodes? Poor girl was finally getting some character development before she straight up vanished from the plot.

She was knocked out by a mystery assailant so she could Bippity Boopity Boo over on Sabrina.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to post a hearthy :lol: at the skull throne

That certainly did not come from IKEA.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Martian posted:

Just popping in to post a hearthy :lol: at the skull throne

That certainly did not come from IKEA.

Dammit! There goes my idea for my living room. It would go so well with this rug I bought. Really tied the room together.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Was thumbing through the old episodes. I really appreciate that the 4th episode of the show was titled "Murphy's Law" but goddamn that could have been a good name for any of his later season misadventures.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

just finished watching all of this. I loved most of it except for season 7 so far but it might get better now that they're mostly grouped together.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Don't forget we finally get a new episode this week!

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

This season sure has been something. I don't really feel like it's good but maybe watching it in big chunks instead of week to week will make it better. This episode is sure to make the internet crazy for a bit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Raven and Murphy sassing each other.

Return of the red sun madness :catdrugs: Always a delight to see Josephine.

Wait didn't Echo and pals need the helmet to survive where they went? And now the gang just went sans helmet?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Josephone looked like fire goddamn

Also Bellamy seemed to be shot for nothing

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I was already seeing some outrage online, which even I didn't read any specific spoilers, made me watch the episode wondering who was going to die.

It wasn't the best death we got, but it was far from the worst. And I'm all for picking off the main characters one by one in the final season.

Mu Zeta posted:

Josephone looked like fire goddamn

Josephine is bae. Genius, sociopathic bae.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

90% of all this drama could have been avoided if the grounders loyal to Indra just shot shadeheda Indiana Jones style

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
That was pointless. You would think she would have trusted him by now

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.
I have to say that I honestly did not expect that. I thought for sure that Bellamy would at least make it to the last episode.

There have been some cool moments so far, but I'm not really feeling the overall plotline. With it still being very vague on what the "last war" would entail, I don't really know what the stakes are. Maybe it'll work better when the season is done and you can watch it all in one block. We'll see.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did not do a good job justifying that death. Although really everything with Bellamy has been off this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They did not do a good job justifying that death. Although really everything with Bellamy has been off this season.

I wonder if that bombshell about his cheating with Eliza Taylor was known before they started on the season and they pushed him aside because of it.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Yeah, you can feel it with everything, but with Bellamy especially you get the sense that they're trying to cram 2-3 seasons worth of ideas into 16 episodes.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

wait they're both Australian?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember a scene where Bellamy says something about "moral relativism" and he said "moral" in such an un-American way that I knew he was a dirty foreigner.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don’t really understand why taking the sketchbook was worthy of shooting him, what did I miss

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don’t really understand why taking the sketchbook was worthy of shooting him, what did I miss

It seems to be full of memories that Madi had from the Flame that she sketched out. Including ones related to the stones. I'd assume it could potentially include hints to, or the entirety of, the final key that they want so badly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think what they were going for is that if they knew Madi had Flame memories in her head they would take her and put her in the memory machine.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think the sketchbook is simply the proof that Madi's brain still holds the memories that the Flame did before it was destroyed, meaning they could extract Becca's memory from her, a process that would presumably hurt/kill Madi.

If the above is correct, then Clarke herself should also still have these memories though.

e: even though the season's story is quite confusing and inconsistent at times (it makes no sense that they went into that last portal without masks) it still manages to keep me interested. I am very curious to see where it all ends up. Murphy and Indra are the season's highlights for me.

Martian fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 15, 2020

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
That definitely makes sense.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

90% of all this drama could have been avoided if the grounders loyal to Indra just shot shadeheda Indiana Jones style

And she STILL didn't just kill him. Like I said Indra is one of the season's highlights, but this is ridiculous.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Martian posted:

And she STILL didn't just kill him. Like I said Indra is one of the season's highlights, but this is ridiculous.

His plot armor is very strong. :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
John Murphy is going to be the leader of the remains of humanity.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Zebulon posted:

It seems to be full of memories that Madi had from the Flame that she sketched out. Including ones related to the stones. I'd assume it could potentially include hints to, or the entirety of, the final key that they want so badly.

Oh okay. That makes sense.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I liked that somebody this episode straight up asked the camera "then where the hell is Gaia?" I too wish to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PittTheElder posted:

I liked that somebody this episode straight up asked the camera "then where the hell is Gaia?" I too wish to know

Considering Clarke retrieved the flame off camera I'd guess Gaia isn't coming back for the finale.