Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Some of the comics are very good & some are very bad & some are ok. That is my review.

I thought about it some more & here is my X-Team

Magneto
Glob
Rockslide
Multiple Man
Storm but only Storm with the rad mohawk
Shadowcat
Warlock

There's lots of weird & wonderful mutants to choose from

im weird about comics, i cant get into open ended stuff that requires me to follow along through different series to understand whats going on. part of the reason i never got into the mcu outside of spider-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wolverine
Wolverine
Honey Badger
Old Man Logan
The gay Wolverine from Exiles
Daken
Sabertooth

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Wolverine
Wolverine
Honey Badger
Old Man Logan
The gay Wolverine from Exiles
Daken
Sabertooth

Didn't include Jonathan the Wolverine, for shame

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
These are some baller x-teams. I didn’t even know about Rockslide and I forgot how much I think Multiple Man is the best.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

These are some baller x-teams. I didn’t even know about Rockslide and I forgot how much I think Multiple Man is the best.

The Madrox focused X-Factor series is a beaut

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Thinking about the teams, I suddenly remembered x-statix. I loved that series, loved the anarchist as a character. I also remember that doop killed an x man hopeful in cold blood.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's static-x

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TV Zombie posted:

Thinking about the teams, I suddenly remembered x-statix. I loved that series, loved the anarchist as a character. I also remember that doop killed an x man hopeful in cold blood.

X-Statix was such a great series, I loved it so much. The fight between a naked Tony Stark and Mr. Sensitive is the stuff of legends.

Edit: Also I watched Peninsular and it was pretty lame in its own right, and doubly-so considering it was a follow-up to the excellent Train to Busan. Everybody watch Train to Busan.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 16, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

like i said, my ideal x-men team would just be a composite of different x-force teams, and x-statix started as x-force

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gex Men

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i had gex 2 enter the gecko on the playstation 1 as a kid

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you know, geckos can either have adhesive toepads, or they can have eyelids. they can't have both.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

you know, geckos can either have adhesive toepads, or they can have eyelids. they can't have both.

God is cruel

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't get the love for the Flaming Hot Cheetos. Love the classic variety (crunchy, not puffs, obvs). But the flavor of the flaming hot just isn't very tasty to me. It isn't a heat thing either because I adore their Jalapeño flavor which is arguably hotter.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flaming hot cheetos can tear your organs apart

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Seth Rollins posted:

i got both suck it geckos

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Flamin hot and puffy cheetos are the best ones though

get your poo poo together Shane

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i just make my own popcorn and then add my own spice dust to it until im eating food that tastes bad and makes me poo poo a lot and hurl chunks. cheetos free household. dont tread on me

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i've been on a throwback fps kick so here are some mini reviews:

project warlock: really solid only you CANT REBIND WEAPONS FOR SOME FUCKIN REASON

dusk: go play now. do not look it up. do not spoil yourself. just play it

amid evil: not quite as good as dusk but still really good. 7 episodes with 4 levels each make sure you are moving on just as you get used to dealing with enemy types

ion fury: fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this nonsense. not a big fan of build engine games to begin with. this game likes to dump you in arenas with hitscanners and the biggest sin an fps can have: tiny hard to hit enemies that do serious damage and swarm you. in both crawling and flying varieties here. also the damage is inconsistent. i can shotgun an enemy from across the map but a spider drone takes two point blank shots while it's jumping and biting me? got through the first four levels and uninstalled

Critical fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 16, 2020

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My pup had a rough day but is sleeping soundly, as evidenced here.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/johnsemley3000/status/1305956197195939840

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Critical posted:

ion fury: fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this nonsense. not a big fan of build engine games to begin with. this game likes to dump you in arenas with hitscanners and the biggest sin an fps can have: tiny hard to hit enemies that do serious damage and swarm you. in both crawling and flying varieties here. also the damage is inconsistent. i can shotgun an enemy from across the map but a spider drone takes two point blank shots while it's jumping and biting me? got through the first four levels and uninstalled

I mean there's also the fact that the devs are massive homo/transphobes

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/26/ion-fury-devs-are-donating-10000-after-backlash-over-transphobic-comments

Voidpoint posted:

“Members of Voidpoint’s Ion Fury team have made sexist and transphobic comments, and included homophobic language in Ion Fury,” writes Voidpoint.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My pup had a rough day but is sleeping soundly, as evidenced here.

That’s a real good pupper, I hope they do okay

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

That’s a real good pupper, I hope they do okay

Think she's doin' good, she's still snoozin' right there right outside my door because I hear her making old dog grunty and snoring noises and she stays outside my door because I think she likes to think she's guarding me :kimchi:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dogs are the best

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i guess since comics are in vogue in here i was curious about something. when i was much, much younger i tried to start collecting spider-man. i think i stopped around the time they were doing this story arc where spider-man was leaving criminals in his webbing until the cops would get there but suddenly the criminals started dying before police discovered them and spider-man was being threatened with murder charges. i never finished the arc and i don't remember the exact issue/edition/year, does this sound familiar to any of you? would have been early 1990s unless i was collecting a reprint or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that reminds me of a memory that popped into my head right now. can someone tell me what happened during the xmen or something arc where i don't know when it was released or what was going on, or which xmen it was, or what the cover looked like or anything. but gambit was tied to a chair and rogue kissed him at the end of that book. what happened after that. i'll never figure this out. did it happen 4,000 times? i bet it probably did. Hey. figuring this out is secondary to talking out some thoughts that were stuck in my head from a long time ago, and having someone there to listen. Thanks

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

glad I got the refund then. gently caress these people

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

JOHN CENA posted:

i guess since comics are in vogue in here i was curious about something. when i was much, much younger i tried to start collecting spider-man. i think i stopped around the time they were doing this story arc where spider-man was leaving criminals in his webbing until the cops would get there but suddenly the criminals started dying before police discovered them and spider-man was being threatened with murder charges. i never finished the arc and i don't remember the exact issue/edition/year, does this sound familiar to any of you? would have been early 1990s unless i was collecting a reprint or something.

This sounds like something Mysterio or Chameleon would do while impersonating Spider-Man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have a vague memory of one of his clones doing it to frame him? Kaine maybe? The clone stuff was really, really, really bad and put a lot of people off Spider-Man.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

it wouldn't have been kaine, if this was early 90s then it would have had to be ben reilly, but he was a pretty nice dude during the clone saga bullshit so it couldn't have been him. it sounds like some weird 70s/80s poo poo a villain would have pulled, but i could not say for sure. perhaps the spider man thread can help

as for cav's question, rogue and gambit have kissed a lot, because they got married. so idk. sorry friend

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've said this before but I've been plugging away at it again and i feel very strongly that On Cinema is unbelievably great. Nearly a decade of impossibly dense, hilarious lore spanning multiple types of media including a theatrical film (plus small cameos in two MCU movies). I urge anyone to take the plunge.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRT5PdjVF-ipL5SPXbmZXzfBchXVR8JTo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
On Cinema fuckin rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1306372449320271873?s=19

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1306372543650115586?s=19

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

I have a vague memory of one of his clones doing it to frame him? Kaine maybe? The clone stuff was really, really, really bad and put a lot of people off Spider-Man.

Speaking of Kaine the second run of Scarlett Spider is really good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I’ve spent the last couple days helping two of my closest friends through severe personal crisis and it doesn’t look like either will be over soon and I’m just so stressed and tired. I don’t know if I can emotionally handle this. At least my own like personal life is fairly stable? But it just feels unrelenting taking on other people’s problems and having to be emotionally supportive for what feels like 24/7. I’m probably whining about nothing but I need to vent this somewhere.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

I’ve spent the last couple days helping two of my closest friends through severe personal crisis and it doesn’t look like either will be over soon and I’m just so stressed and tired. I don’t know if I can emotionally handle this. At least my own like personal life is fairly stable? But it just feels unrelenting taking on other people’s problems and having to be emotionally supportive for what feels like 24/7. I’m probably whining about nothing but I need to vent this somewhere.

Been there recently too friend. Sympathies.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

By the way, it's my birthday. I saw a very good Dynamite, so it's been a good one given the current conditions.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Happy birthday friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Happy birthday