Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is OJ Innocent?
Yes
Yes
View Results

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Being a child at the time of the obvious murders I had no idea who OJ was before he totally did it. It was interesting to learn later in life that he was pretty much universally beloved as a celebrity athlete and made a shitton of money doing endorsements for pretty much everything, being the embodiment of the all-American success story. He earned those sponsorship deals by being a hell of an athlete, and it's a shame he did what he did.

However as far as criminal law is concerned, he didn't technically do anything wrong, in regards to the murders he is accused of and definitely did. It's quite a dilemma whether to adhere to the legal judgments as given or to continue to judge him in our hearts. Truly, our very souls are at hazard by casting the first stone. We don't know that the real killers aren't still out there or that they haven't killed again.

e: turns out the new Bronco IS available as a 2-door, still unknown to me whether available in white so :shrug:

So what do you think, SomethingAwful? OJ: Cancelled or Not Cancelled? Should we forgive him? Should we give the guy another chance?

Have at it and happy posting! :tipshat:

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
He did it.

Every time I watch roots, and see the part where he is chasing Geordie Laforge, all I can think of is "you better run Geordie, OJ might have a knife".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He doesn't factor into my life at all, really.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He killed two people and got away with it. Then he robbed someone and didn't get away with it.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I dont like him after brushing my teeth

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm not sure what to tell you if you still think he's innocent. He was so smug about getting away with murder he wrote a book about it and colored in the truth on the cover.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Lifespan posted:

He killed two people and got away with it. Then he robbed someone and didn't get away with it.

Capitalism working as intended.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm not sure what to tell you if you still think he's innocent. He was so smug about getting away with murder he wrote a book about it and colored in the truth on the cover.

Actually that's not true. Those covers were designed by a graphic artist and mass printed.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
The Juice.

It is loose?

You, the viewer, decide.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
OJ done did stab some folk. Prosecution done did gently caress up. OJ not guilty, but also not innocent.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

He's a cold blooded murderer sure, but that's no less moral these days than your average billionaire or CEO soooooo

/shrug?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
OJ totally did it, but the prosecution were racist idiots used to getting away with bad cases that deserved to lose

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

One of many cases where both the perp and the cops sucked, yeah.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Actually that's not true. Those covers were designed by a graphic artist and mass printed.

And who approved the graphic artist's work? Sure OJ did not literally do it himself but are you gonna sit there and tell me he never had any input into or idea of what the cover looked like before it was printed?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He got away with murder but considering things here in 2020, it seems like real small potatoes :shrug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

And who approved the graphic artist's work? Sure OJ did not literally do it himself but are you gonna sit there and tell me he never had any input into or idea of what the cover looked like before it was printed?

I believe he lost the right to give that input in a civil suit.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Everybody needs to watch this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800100/
I have a copy and it's a hit at parties.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC Simpson lost all rights to his brag-book in civil courts to Nicole's family, and they're responsible for the covers that obfuscate the "If"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

James Woods posted:

Everybody needs to watch this.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800100/
I have a copy and it's a hit at parties.

It's pretty incredible that it got made

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t think he did it, but if he wanted to he shoulda got a pass. :thunk:

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I wanted to watch tiny toons but mom and dad had to watch a dumb car chase on TV. it wasn't even that fast

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
goku imo

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

dracky posted:

I wanted to watch tiny toons but mom and dad had to watch a dumb car chase on TV. it wasn't even that fast

I had just gotten home from seeing Speed in theaters.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

One of many cases where both the perp and the cops sucked, yeah.

Its actually hilariously, hilariously common that authors do not get any real input on cover art.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Neurolimal posted:

IIRC Simpson lost all rights to his brag-book in civil courts to Nicole's family, and they're responsible for the covers that obfuscate the "If"

Very close, it was Ron Goldman's family. He lost the rights because he couldn't cover the civil judgement with liquid capital (even after all that endorsement and movie money). That's also how he lost stuff like his Heisman trophy.

The whole sordid affair is just so fascinating. My favorite factoid is that $480 million in productivity was lost when the verdict was read live on television.

E: this thread needs some dancing Itos:

https://youtu.be/QQezL9pLUN4

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 16, 2020

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Telsa Cola posted:

Its actually hilariously, hilariously common that authors do not get any real input on cover art.

That's because authors are bitches with no balls.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

This was the original cover of OJ's book. It's was provocative, but it was framed in a way where OJ could still "please his case" and deny the murders. "If" is still pretty visible.

This is the modified cover after the Goldmans won their lawsuit. They made it so it undeniably says OJ did it, and also wrote a foreword to the new book saying "gently caress this guy, he's a murderer"

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

I don't even know who that is but googling tells me he's a football star who maybe killed someone almost 30 years ago. Why uhhh, why does this matter?

"Well you see, with the wind down of the Rodney King riots just a few years earlier, this case was at an interesting junction of socioracial politics and the public investment in it derives from a fascination with that intersection. Furthermore, in the context of modern societ-"

Yeah cool whatever goon dude, I'm asking for the real reason. What aristocratic rear end in a top hat did OJ piss off

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If he became a cop instead of an athlete he'd not even get in trouble

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Mistah Orange Juice SIMPson. Did he ever have a simpsons cameo?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dont Touch ME posted:

I don't even know who that is but googling tells me he's a football star who maybe killed someone almost 30 years ago. Why uhhh, why does this matter?

"Well you see, with the wind down of the Rodney King riots just a few years earlier, this case was at an interesting junction of socioracial politics and the public investment in it derives from a fascination with that intersection. Furthermore, in the context of modern societ-"

Yeah cool whatever goon dude, I'm asking for the real reason. What aristocratic rear end in a top hat did OJ piss off

The lady he killed was really hot. We also hear about pretty blonde girls who go missing south of the border, because they're pretty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This poll seems to be rigged, OP ...

Where the gently caress is Goku?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I knew nothing about this OJ poo poo because I'm not USian, but the miniseries about it was interesting. Travolta's best role.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

esperterra posted:

This poll seems to be rigged, OP ...

Where the gently caress is Goku?

You're right. It's also not a checkbox poll, I forgot to vote 1 for that.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I get all my opinions from Wesley Willis and once again he's right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfKmQBO02P4

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

No Goku?! Voting thread 1, gassing thread, banning OP.

No but seriously OJ is completely innocent and totally didn't murder an innocent and get away with it because he was an icon for a good chunk of the 90s

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dont Touch ME posted:

He was extremely famous, he was also a movie star. Its notable when an extremely super famous athlete and actor kills their wife and her friend and then rides around in a car with the police following him. And then in a complete farce interesection of the law and media he was found not guilty even though he obviously did it. I don't see why you find this complicated. Also its weird that you don't know who he is, I would say its extremely common knowledge, I'm not even american.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I love the Naked Gun movies. It's reakly weird seeing him in all three of them. You can add being a vicious wife beater to what he is.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

thankfully airplane was saved by kareem, so it's still watchable.

also, oj's kid did it. the violent failed chef kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Caesar Saladin posted:

He was extremely famous, he was also a movie star. Its notable when an extremely super famous athlete and actor kills their wife and her friend and then rides around in a car with the police following him. And then in a complete farce interesection of the law and media he was found not guilty even though he obviously did it. I don't see why you find this complicated. Also its weird that you don't know who he is, I would say its extremely common knowledge, I'm not even american.

It's almost like this event that occurred years before my birth is totally inconsequential in every stretch of the imagination.

Only loving Americans would think dumb poo poo like this is worth remembering a month after the verdict hit. We're gonna ignore poo poo like MK ULTRA and the second gulf of tonkin incident being faked, there's FRIGGIN' CELEBRITY TRIVIA to cling to for 30 years! Heckin' epic Amerimoments!! Now THIS is history!!! :holy: