Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

Cena used the move to strike d1 right before deadline when tpink was going to get lunched, complaining that he didn't have time to play d1 and wanted the deadline extended and then continued to lurk the rest of the extended day right here

then he used the objection after sng (who was just lunched) used their objection to help tpink avoid lunch for the second time and called your team, to flip it back on sng's team here. He was active enough between those two actions that if you look at his post history both of these actions happen within like 10 posts of each other

I'm going to tack onto the end of this that he started the current day trying to push a merk/dgk thunderdome (this post) because it fits in well here and shows him as either really reckless with his actions or stoking distractions in a way that's been working against town

i wanna draw attention to this middle portion here

if i was protecting tpink like you keep accusing me of doing why would i throw the objection back onto his team and not say team 1 or team 4? i also didn't push a thunderdome, i actively said i just wanted to see them continue building their cases. i also didn't think merk was scum, i just thought he had a bad nose this game. this is the type of narrative building with bad *intent* that makes me suspicious, you're setting up a case with the presumption of guilt rather than looking for evidence to point to scum behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##vote cheese

I was voting cheese yesterday and tpinks posts right now don't seem scummy, specifically going after Bif. If I'm scum and sitting on the vote lead I'm focusing all my attention on cheese, not still trying to cast suspicions on other people who aren't candidates.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I'll happily throw myself on the stand to get Amoeba, Sand and Bif up there as well.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

vote tpink

More of not wanting to vote Hal or cheese than anything else. Cheeses posts towards end of day yesterday gave me some pause. Will come back and look closer again later today when I have more time.

I feel like your post right there is a strong 180 on this other post you made to justify a vote on tpink

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I feel like your post right there is a strong 180 on this other post you made to justify a vote on tpink

What 180? I don't really think any of the three people up are scummy. I've been pretty open about that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

they don't look like mutually exclusive reasonings to me personally

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

If you mean I changed my mind from this morning and now prefer cheese to tpink then yes its a 180. One of them has to go, and while I'd prefer it be other people right now I'm like 55/45 cheese over tpink?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

tpink posted:

Hrm. Squiggs, you were hemming and hawing a lot about the vote on me initially the last time around, and then the one thing that seemed to push you over the edge was that I wasn't posting over the weekend?

If'n I'm bein' honest sir, yes indeed that there was exactly what made me decide you had ill intent

But you must have some sort a angels on watchin' over yous Mistuh tpink cause Mistuh Cena and Mistuh Voodoo made some interestin' points in your favor. It ain't the strongest read I evah had no sir but I'm inclined tah believe that the devil here is in that Mistuh Cheese an' not yoself

##unvote
##vote cheese

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

For lack of anything better, this game is based on the law. Preponderance of the evidence and burden of proof on the person bringing the claim and such.

Cheese called the stand and picked the candidates. Cheese hasn't convinced me to any significant degree that Tpink (or Hal) is scum. If I'm going back and forth between the tpink and cheese, then, I'm going to say Cheese hasn't met his burden of proof as between him and tpink.

Like I said, though, I'm more than happy to throw me on the stand with team 1 tomorrow and happy to take on that burden.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Also I'll happily throw myself on the stand to get Amoeba, Sand and Bif up there as well.

I think you should do this tomorrow for sure. But maybe don't do it right out of the gate, just so there is a bit more time instead of daily deadlines.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tbh i like the brisker pace

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, then just make sure to challenge so the deadline time is good.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tpink got to 5/6 very quick, and then voodoofly and squiggly swap to cheese to put them to 5/6.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Very quick meaning within a page.

We should be analysing merks posting now we know he was genuine.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Amoeba102 posted:

Tpink got to 5/6 very quick, and then voodoofly and squiggly swap to cheese to put them to 5/6.

Yes sir I believe I am tha one that has put them one vote off now in both cases

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Very quick meaning within a page.

We should be analysing merks posting now we know he was genuine.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

i wanna draw attention to this middle portion here

if i was protecting tpink like you keep accusing me of doing why would i throw the objection back onto his team and not say team 1 or team 4? i also didn't push a thunderdome, i actively said i just wanted to see them continue building their cases. i also didn't think merk was scum, i just thought he had a bad nose this game. this is the type of narrative building with bad *intent* that makes me suspicious, you're setting up a case with the presumption of guilt rather than looking for evidence to point to scum behavior.

That’s exactly what you were pushing though? Why would you force the day in a direction where one of the two of them would likely be lunched when you’d been calling merk town and from what I can recall (phone posting - late day) you’d voted dgk as a soft me too to merk being after him? How did you feel strongly enough that one of them was scum to pigeonhole the day like that?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

It is absolutely bizarre to me that this is close to being the fourth day that tpink manages to dodge a lunch for stupid reasons

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Squiggly posted:

If'n I'm bein' honest sir, yes indeed that there was exactly what made me decide you had ill intent

But you must have some sort a angels on watchin' over yous Mistuh tpink cause Mistuh Cena and Mistuh Voodoo made some interestin' points in your favor. It ain't the strongest read I evah had no sir but I'm inclined tah believe that the devil here is in that Mistuh Cheese an' not yoself

##unvote
##vote cheese

How did you get here when you’ve spent basically the game so far calling me town or whatever contextual metaphor you chose to suit your posting style?

Cenas points against me were basically noise that I didn’t really see a point in responding to where I felt like my points were well supported and as far as I can tell voodoo’s are well meaning but come from her coming in late and missing context

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

That’s exactly what you were pushing though? Why would you force the day in a direction where one of the two of them would likely be lunched when you’d been calling merk town and from what I can recall (phone posting - late day) you’d voted dgk as a soft me too to merk being after him? How did you feel strongly enough that one of them was scum to pigeonhole the day like that?

sng flipping town led me to believe merk was probably definitely town, and his reasoning for why dgk was scum made sense with me. a person i suspected (sng) wasn't scum, so i re-evaluated my reads. when someone posts a read that i agree with, yes, i am in fact probably going to vote that way. i don't like breaking up momentum in these games, if theres a natural direction and narrative in the game forming, i'm always going to push to put focus on it. it doesnt mean that there's necessarily scum in who i want to see make cases, i want to get as many reads as a i can. more information is never a bad thing, never. i also felt fine choosing them because they still had their objection available, unlike team two.

cheese sandwich posted:

It is absolutely bizarre to me that this is close to being the fourth day that tpink manages to dodge a lunch for stupid reasons

and this is where you come off as just wanting tpink voted rather than hunting for scum. lay down your case, you were brave enough to step up and perform the call out, now back it up.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

sng flipping town led me to believe merk was probably definitely town, and his reasoning for why dgk was scum made sense with me. a person i suspected (sng) wasn't scum, so i re-evaluated my reads. when someone posts a read that i agree with, yes, i am in fact probably going to vote that way. i don't like breaking up momentum in these games, if theres a natural direction and narrative in the game forming, i'm always going to push to put focus on it. it doesnt mean that there's necessarily scum in who i want to see make cases, i want to get as many reads as a i can. more information is never a bad thing, never. i also felt fine choosing them because they still had their objection available, unlike team two.

and this is where you come off as just wanting tpink voted rather than hunting for scum. lay down your case, you were brave enough to step up and perform the call out, now back it up.

I started the day voting for tpink because I was sure enough he was scum after how the game has played out so far, of course I want him voted if I think he’s scum.

This has been talked about all game. It’s really ironic that you’re trying to lecture me about making reads when you’ve been lurking harder than tpink when he’s not under heat. This is probably the hardest you’ve pushed anything in this game and again it’s preventing a tpink lunch. How you can try to say that you fired back at him when the pressure at the time was towards sng is ridiculous.

I haven’t misrepresented anything you’ve done, never mind as hard as you are right now. You’re paraphrasing and alluding to make it sound like I’m scum and I can’t believe it’s working

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I’m leaving work after driving for the last two hours, I’ll probably be home in an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

I’m -1 right now, would appreciate if I wasn’t hammered by then. Keep in mind that if I get lunched today this will likely keep being a distraction which will only benefit scum.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote tpink

Cheese you've got a point, you called this challenge, you voted tpink off the bat, so Cena's call out is bad. Makes me feel more confident to swing this way in the end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m leaving work after driving for the last two hours, I’ll probably be home in an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

I’m -1 right now, would appreciate if I wasn’t hammered by then. Keep in mind that if I get lunched today this will likely keep being a distraction which will only benefit scum.

I guess my question for you is besides tpink avoiding being lunched what is your case on him as scum? There is some merit to what you are saying but that’s seems to be your only point against him, at least for the last few days. Posting-wise what about tpink has been scummy?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

I started the day voting for tpink because I was sure enough he was scum after how the game has played out so far, of course I want him voted if I think he’s scum.

This has been talked about all game. It’s really ironic that you’re trying to lecture me about making reads when you’ve been lurking harder than tpink when he’s not under heat. This is probably the hardest you’ve pushed anything in this game and again it’s preventing a tpink lunch. How you can try to say that you fired back at him when the pressure at the time was towards sng is ridiculous.

I haven’t misrepresented anything you’ve done, never mind as hard as you are right now. You’re paraphrasing and alluding to make it sound like I’m scum and I can’t believe it’s working

you're really overreacting to me just laying down my perspective. and i didn't say i fired back at tpink, i said i wasn't protecting him, i wasn't, and still am not. what i saw was a last second attempt by sng to get out of the spotlight because he was posting really badly (and i was pushing for his lunch), and it looked like to me an attempt to blitz a vote on me when scum thought i was inactive. i haven't been lurking either, i've made it very clear my inactivity on sunday and part of monday was because i was at work. this is what im talking about with you being disingenuous. just like your attempt to throw barbs at me when voodoofly asked for a summary on why i used our actions, you could have objectively said "cena used them" but you instead chose to try to paint me as doing it with malicious intent which wasnt the case, and which voodoofly can see in our masonry wasnt the case. i discussed my actions in our masonry openly before doing them, and i asked the thread if they were fine with me putting in for an extension when i entered the game late on day one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote tpink

Cheese you've got a point, you called this challenge, you voted tpink off the bat, so Cena's call out is bad. Makes me feel more confident to swing this way in the end.

lol

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I didn't realize deadline was 10 hours from now, I figured it would be same time it was last night.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

for actual game content I don't like tpink's response & mirroring here. Hal's response seems more genuine and tpink seems like he's more just hanging out piggybacking(examples; sandwolf tpink, hal tpink) ##vote tpink

This seems to be the one post talking about tpinks play from early D1. Every mention of tpink after this that I see is pushing him because Cena extended the day and then we did the objection. I just feel like to be this invested in tpink I’d think you’d have to more to say about actual content

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

cheese sandwich posted:

When you get back, do you have a concise case on tpink? Like I said I'm pretty indifferent on both of you and I'm going to slide onto you just because you called this.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich accusing tpink of piggybacking while avoiding posting any reads of their own is pretty rich stuff. like outside of tpink the only person they tried to even attempt to paint as scum is me, but they didn't pursue voting me because....of....????

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

What is this post? People voted for you and explained why they did so. Other people voted for me and explained why they did so. How on earth is the current situation a stupid reason for us all being where we are? This just seems like flailing frustration.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello, on lunch now so catching up but brief thoughts from my firsr incomplete skim I peeked at my desk like an hour ago:

Not liking Voodooflys posting at all in general

Do still think its best to lunch tpink today

Really really not liking tpink trying to take me to task for why I allegedly "switched" from Cheese to him today, when I was always still suspicious of him and it was other people who nearly turboed him already, while I just said I'd be fine to continue with that after some talking time first

Sounds pretty bullshit

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh and also, Cena, Voodoo, and Squiggly, can y'all please report on how active your masonry has been and your feelings towards your mason members, we've talked a lot about the other ones but I can't recall you three giving a solid lowdown yet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok proper quote time

tpink posted:

Boy, Bif, this is a weird spin:

I mean thanks for not voting me just yet, I guess, but what happened in between these posts to make you go from cheese to me? (I didn't post a thing in that interim, btw.)

~a weird spin!~

And tpink called me the one ignoring things that don't fit my narrative? Here tpink tries to ~spin~ things around the fact that I've totally changed my mind even though he hadn't posted anything in the meantime!

But actually, lol, he did. He did post a thing. Just one thing. He showed up, and posted only that one brief vote on cheese. No other input. That didn't help my impression of him.

And then a bunch of other people put him to minus two, but I'm the one he's got a problem with. Ok buddy, do you actually think I'm scum then? Or are we gonna have a repeat of D1 here?

Buuuuuullshit

##vote tpink

Voodoofly posted:

##vote cheese

I was voting cheese yesterday and tpinks posts right now don't seem scummy, specifically going after Bif. If I'm scum and sitting on the vote lead I'm focusing all my attention on cheese, not still trying to cast suspicions on other people who aren't candidates.

Lol yeah nah

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah you would, scumbo

Our team has all been discussing poo poo left and right and we're the most townie-rear end towns trying to solve this game I bet you'd just looooove to get one of us down

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, while I am still suspicious of cheese I think we really gotta figure out what tpinks flip is so we can start analysing how people have been moving on or off him for the course of this whole freaking game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, while I am still suspicious of cheese I think we really gotta figure out what tpinks flip is so we can start analysing how people have been moving on or off him for the course of this whole freaking game

I get this but I want cheese to respond to my question about why he's been so focused on tpink while barely commenting on anything he's done

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I get this but I want cheese to respond to my question about why he's been so focused on tpink while barely commenting on anything he's done

That's fair and I'm definitely still suspicious of cheese, hell even if tpink flips scum I got some weird vague gut feeling like it might be a bus

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok proper quote time

~a weird spin!~

And tpink called me the one ignoring things that don't fit my narrative? Here tpink tries to ~spin~ things around the fact that I've totally changed my mind even though he hadn't posted anything in the meantime!

But actually, lol, he did. He did post a thing. Just one thing. He showed up, and posted only that one brief vote on cheese. No other input. That didn't help my impression of him.

And then a bunch of other people put him to minus two, but I'm the one he's got a problem with. Ok buddy, do you actually think I'm scum then? Or are we gonna have a repeat of D1 here?

Buuuuuullshit

##vote tpink

Lol yeah nah

Yeah you would, scumbo

Our team has all been discussing poo poo left and right and we're the most townie-rear end towns trying to solve this game I bet you'd just looooove to get one of us down

This is such BS. If you genuinely thought that my vote for cheese was enough to move me from you thinking that he’s scummiest to you thinking that I am the best vote today, we would have had a multi-paragraph long post from you to this effect (like this thing that you posted just now). You are nothing if not verbose and you explain your posting. Yet you didn’t bother commenting on that vote on cheese from me until I specifically called you out for shifting from liking cheese best for a vote to me? I don’t buy it, sorry.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

And note that now we are shifting from “tpink is scum” to “we gotta see how tpink flips,” building in that caveat for a town flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm personally feeling most suspicious of Cheese at the moment.