Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How long is Kawhi's deal anyways? Even if you're saying that you're not championship or bust, and going against what you said every time before now, it's still a very short term oriented team. Unless you are the world's biggest believer in Zubac then all their best players are late 20's/early 30's with no draft picks coming.

Three years with the third being a player option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/1306088999073665024

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How long is Kawhi's deal anyways? Even if you're saying that you're not championship or bust, and going against what you said every time before now, it's still a very short term oriented team. Unless you are the world's biggest believer in Zubac then all their best players are late 20's/early 30's with no draft picks coming.

He can opt out after next year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawhi and Paul can opt out after next season

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
So much of George's career has been theoretical good fits. Yeah him and Westbrook should have worked. Yeah him and Kawhi should work. But for some reason these guys who had carried playoff series by themselves fall short with Playoff P. I don't get it we need more data.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 16, 2020

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

Three years with the third being a player option

Metapod posted:

Kawhi and Paul can opt out after next season

drat dude, so many stars are gonna briefly use the Mavs for negotiating leverage in a couple of years

or a year i guess

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah people probably actually want to play with Luka.

Also there is no negotiation. It's just max contracts at that level lol

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

So much of George's career has been theoretical good fits. Yeah him and Westbrook should have worked. Yeah him and Kawi should work. But for some reasons these guys who had carried playoff series by themselves fall short with Playoff P. I don't get it we need more data.
Should've been a career Pacer

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

Also I was finding that watching basketball in the bubble was giving me an abnormal amount of anxiety/psychological distress, and I was finding it hard to even watch the games we won, so while it sucks it’s probably for the best in some respects.

Anyone else feeling this way about bubble ball?

For my part I was insanely anxious in the Celtics-Raptors series but realized it was because if the Celtics lost a lot of my interest in basketball goes with it and I really don't want to confront the bleakness of existance right now.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dexo posted:

Nah people probably actually want to play with Luka.

Also there is no negotiation. It's just max contracts at that level lol

yeah leverage is maybe wrong, just the usual token "yeah hey how are ya? shark tank huh yeah that's great. ok signing elsewhere now"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Pg gave himself a nickname that's a bigger self own than the servant played mvp level for like 3 months before getting hurt demanded a traded after being the 7th guy kawhi called then owned himself even harder lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dutchy posted:

drat dude, so many stars are gonna briefly use the Mavs for negotiating leverage in a couple of years

or a year i guess

every year forever

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1306087442320183296?s=19

drat that's really sad, my liege would never

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

If past is prologue, he can opt out right now if he wants.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bucks just found a way to keep giannis

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/GotEm_Coach/status/1306083327389175814

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Sounds like they could use a new coach to teach them a few lessons about how to tell their bodies not today

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh right that Spurs fans should be enjoying this.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the clippers are seriously complaining about being tired after being outplayed by a guy who might as well have a comedy tuba player following him around. who also it should be noted, actually had COVID.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The cherry on top is the clippers signing Reggie Jackson like that's an answer to anything

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Bulls_Jay/status/1306091860306395139

https://twitter.com/mkhoops/status/1306091297308987392

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1306084457175298048

That Raptors team would have sleep walked to the finals in this east lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao clippers lost to Carl from Jimmy Neutron and they are talking about fitness

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/marksparks718/status/1306079000960348165?s=21

😂😂😂

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Metapod posted:

Pg gave himself a nickname that's a bigger self own than the servant played mvp level for like 3 months before getting hurt demanded a traded after being the 7th guy kawhi called then owned himself even harder lmao

As someone who smugly certain that Paul George was overrated for several years, him inexplicably turning into a legit top-5 player for a year really chapped my rear end. Luckily everything has broken back my way since

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Dexo posted:

Oh right that Spurs fans should be enjoying this.

S-p-u-r-sss? Oh yeah I remember them. The before Warriors time with the Heatles.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jokic doesn't get tired he's got that camel energy store

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1306086358176485377?s=19

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

xbilkis posted:

As someone who smugly certain that Paul George was overrated for several years, him inexplicably turning into a legit top-5 player for a year really chapped my rear end. Luckily everything has broken back my way since

I chose to ignore that year as I chose to ignore Oladipo's good year and my conscience is completely clear on both of them

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Imagine bailing on Kyle Lowry to join up with Playoff P

On to some far future stuff, Nuggets could be an interesting FA team. Milsap's yuge deal is coming off the books, so they should have some money to do things

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We will not ignore that year as that was proof that russ raises his teammates ceiling

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The Nuggets went to 7 in round one and Murray looked devastated when he found out they only got one day of rest before facing the Clippers.

FOH with that weakass fatigue excuse.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

On to some far future stuff, Nuggets could be an interesting FA team. Milsap's yuge deal is coming off the books, so they should have some money to do things

Nuggets trade MPJ for Buddy Buckets

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Doc Rivers is Jim Boylen with superstars on his team

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I'm so mad at myself for forgetting there was basketball today. :(

But also, lmaooooooooooo Clippers

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nah, Murray's max deal kicks in, unless they want to go into the luxury they will have like 4 million to spend

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Paul George somehow thought he was a superstar player on a superstar team when all the while his ceiling is just best player on a small market team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/1306093158036504576?s=20

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

It honestly really sucks. I made a good amount of money off them losing ($3300), but it doesn’t really dull the sting at all. This team is just never going to make the conference finals lol

Sorry dawg. I've always been cool with you even though you talk mad poo poo about CP3. :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SunshineDanceParty posted:

So much of George's career has been theoretical good fits. Yeah him and Westbrook should have worked. Yeah him and Kawhi should work. But for some reason these guys who had carried playoff series by themselves fall short with Playoff P. I don't get it we need more data.

And yet, him and Roy Hibbett was his most successful pairing

I have some trouble really making GBS threads on him because of all of his injuries (that leg :( ), but also, No Good Clippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I'm going to be the old man in his rocking chair talking about how Westbrook was actually great in the playoffs carrying a lazy scared Durant while the seasonal wildfire warms the tea.