Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

the corona quid posted:

Please stop suggesting doing poo poo that makes the races longer and more dependent on the commentators to fill dead air.

yeah that extra ~20 seconds of coming to a stop before going is really going to push me over the edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Please stop suggesting doing poo poo that makes the races longer and more dependent on the commentators to fill dead air.

As a paying subscriber thieving pirate of Sky F1 I cannot endorse this post enough.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vando posted:

yeah that extra ~20 seconds of coming to a stop before going is really going to push me over the edge

DAVID loving CROFT YOU IMBECILE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at Ferrari needing half the field to crash out to get into points

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Theophany posted:

don't sign your posts

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Theophany posted:

although correct this does mean repeated 'ITS LIGHTS OUT' yammering so maybe wait til he retires/is fired into the sun

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

learnincurve posted:

I always said he was a good lad who means well

My poo poo for brains brain can't figure this out. Is that the way round the writing would be if you took a photo over your shoulder into a mirror? Or has someone else taken two pictures and sent him the first that he's looking at whilst the second is taken?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

When they talked to one of the principles during the second red flag period they talked about clutch life potentially being a problem (though the guy said they probably had like 7 starts in the clutch)

While a standing start fixes the crash-on-restart issue it would be hilarious for one cars clutch to fail, bringing out a safety car, and another standing start, where a cars clutch fails

and by hilarious I mean I wonder if anyone would even finish

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Vando posted:

Lmfao it’s not going to be an extra 20 seconds. There’s going to an extra formation lap so the delicate babies can get their tires up to temperature and then the fact that restarts are just going to bring the safety car back out more often.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My poo poo for brains brain can't figure this out. Is that the way round the writing would be if you took a photo over your shoulder into a mirror? Or has someone else taken two pictures and sent him the first that he's looking at whilst the second is taken?

selfie cameras show a mirror image so it's mirroring the mirror image to make it look right again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Vando posted:

although correct this does mean repeated 'ITS LIGHTS OUT' yammering so maybe wait til he retires/is fired into the sun

I don't want to wait, I want him given the Ceaușescu treatment. I reckon we could knock it out in the space of a red flag.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

selfie cameras show a mirror image so it's mirroring the mirror image to make it look right again.

actually lewis is traveling so fast he has to compensate for time dilation for the image to make sense to you

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
so some reddit dude posted that ferrari is tanking this season on purpose for two reasons:
the fia super secret deal
have more cfd time for 2022

big if true

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Rarely a truer post in the worst thread

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

the corona quid posted:

Lmfao it’s not going to be an extra 20 seconds. There’s going to an extra formation lap so the delicate babies can get their tires up to temperature and then the fact that restarts are just going to bring the safety car back out more often.

you don't need a formation lap if you're already circulating behind the safety car

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Vando posted:

you don't need a formation lap if you're already circulating behind the safety car

They already bitch about the tires being cold because the safety car isn’t fast enough. There’s no way they don’t do a formation lap. And again the whole crashing on the start bringing out the safety car poo poo.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

so some reddit dude posted that ferrari is tanking this season on purpose for two reasons:

big if true

Will still get beaten comfortably by Mercedes, and most likely Red Bull

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

the corona quid posted:

They already bitch about the tires being cold because the safety car isn’t fast enough. There’s no way they don’t do a formation lap. And again the whole crashing on the start bringing out the safety car poo poo.

counterpoint: standing starts are good

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

big if true

Let me introduce you to my friend Mr Ockham

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Vando posted:

counterpoint: standing starts are good

We all know the racing is poo poo yes. Just doing a million starts doesn’t fix that, it makes it even worse.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Well, maybe we need REVERSE GRID standing restarts, then.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just bring out a safety car every 15 laps whether there's an incident or not.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

big if true

does the gang in moronello know there isn't an nfl style draft

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BurgerQuest posted:

Just bring out a safety car every 15 laps whether there's an incident or not.

grosjean is the new safety car

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

he's the opposite of a safety car because everybody is allowed to pass him

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

madsushi posted:

he's the opposite of a safety car because everybody is allowed to pass him

only under green flag

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

moronello
:discourse:

ethanol posted:

I enjoyed him loudly declaring that that was the worst thing he'd ever seen. I guess if you cause the crash you don't necessarily see it?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Renault want to run Alonso at the end of year young drivers test.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
alonso loving sucks

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Theophany posted:

Biggest highlight of the last race was Di Resta trying to explain to Crofty that Russel had actually lost places so wasn't having a fantastic race.

Is there any hope of David Croft being replaced in the near future?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

track day bro! posted:

alonso loving sucks

yeah but next year when he's mad as hell at renault and keeps yelling the wrong team name i'll enjoy it

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

alonso loving sucks

That's why he spent so many years racing for Ferrari

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Metapod posted:

Lol at Ferrari needing half the field to crash out to get into points

For them it was a big success. Half the field wrecked out and the Ferraris were not one of them.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Biggest highlight of the last race was Di Resta trying to explain to Crofty that Russel had actually lost places so wasn't having a fantastic race.

Is there any hope of David Croft being replaced in the near future?

Sadly no, he's basically tenured at this point.

It genuinely aggravates me how he is paid to commentate on F1 and gets access that viewers would kill for, yet his trick for calling cars is to randomly guess which driver it is for the team. I swear half the time the idiot moron fucker calls the wrong driver. As I, the viewer, questions what the gently caress this shouting, sweaty sack of lard is actually adding to the coverage of the event.

He should gently caress off back to darts commentary. That's entirely his crowd.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Custard Undies posted:

That's why he spent so many years racing for Ferrari

agreed it was a mistake for ferrari to hire such a poo poo driver

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Theophany posted:

Sadly no, he's basically tenured at this point.

It genuinely aggravates me how he is paid to commentate on F1 and gets access that viewers would kill for, yet his trick for calling cars is to randomly guess which driver it is for the team. I swear half the time the idiot moron fucker calls the wrong driver. As I, the viewer, questions what the gently caress this shouting, sweaty sack of lard is actually adding to the coverage of the event.

He should gently caress off back to darts commentary. That's entirely his crowd.

Bloody hell mate, thats some deep-seated hatred

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mokotow posted:

Bloody hell mate, thats some deep-seated hatred

He's not wrong, though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
who do you guys like for Le Mans this weekend?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
ferrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Realistically, Toyota is gonna win overall at a canter again. I just hope the new EoT levels are enough for the Rebellions to keep them honest.

In LMP2 I'm pulling for the Algarve/G-drive Auris with Nick Tandy and Ollie Jarvis (and some silver driver)

GTE Pro, I'd like the Risi Ferrari to win, but I'd be okay with a Porsche win too, really I just want to see a good close entertaining race, same with GTE Am.