Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Avalon trying to hit Cutler with a hardback of The Stand is deathmatch sort of hatred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That’s giving Kip a lot of credit

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ok now I need to see her in a match with Abadon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

Ok now I need to see her in a match with Abadon.

You mean like two weeks ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55HU88_KnwI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i love Dark

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dani Jordyn’s gimmick feels too local indie to be on TV, but at least they used it in a fun way. Also really liked Skyler Moore this week, the power moves she was doing isn’t really being done by any of the other women AEW is featuring right now. Also really interested in what the hell is going on with Diamanté and Ivelisse, everything about how they’re presented point towards an are #AllElite graphic, but Tay seems to have skipped the line. Kind of bummed that Diamanté isn’t the one getting the match with Thunder Rosa on Dynamite.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 16, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wish they'd be more transparent about who has a deal with the company and who doesn't in some way, like keeping the roster promptly up to date or doing #AllElite announcements for everyone

maybe they ARE doing those and there are just tons of people with no deals in the company right now and I shouldn't give a poo poo about how they're doing their business with indie contractors, but there are a lot of people who have been appearing for months now that I want to see stick around and get invested into

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think the roster page is for sure the best indicator of who has some sort of an exclusive deal with them. It seems like they make it a priority to keep it up to date, even if Earl Hebner is still on there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Kind of bummed that Diamanté is the one getting the match with Thunder Rosa on Dynamite.

well then I guess its a good thing that Ivelisse is the one actually having the match with Thunder Rosa on Dynamite!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

well then I guess its a good thing that Ivelisse is the one actually having the match with Thunder Rosa on Dynamite!

Welp, meant to type “isn’t” and blew it. Of the two, I prefer Diamanté to Ivelisse.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Dani Jordyn’s gimmick feels too local indie to be on TV, but at least they used it in a fun way. Also really liked Skyler Moore this week, the power moves she was doing isn’t really being done by any of the other women AEW is featuring right now. Also really interested in what the hell is going on with Diamanté and Ivelisse, everything about how they’re presented point towards an are #AllElite graphic, but Tay seems to have skipped the line. Kind of bummed that Diamanté isn’t the one getting the match with Thunder Rosa on Dynamite.

I was impressed with Skyler Moore too. She had some really nice offense, I think she'd be a good addition to the division.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Love the opening back and forth between Excalibur, Taz, and Veda

1) Red Velvet vs Brandi Rhodes. Fun match. Red Velvet is a better wrestler than Brandi but they match well. The appearance / interference of Anna Jay was good story.

2) Daniel Garcia and Kevin Blackwood vs The Butcher and the Blade. Buffalo Brothers represent. That's quite the outfit, Kevin. Love Daniel Garcia in Beyond. Early domination from B&B. Liked the shine from Blackwood, he's got skills, but quickly shut down by B&B. Full Death is still not a pretty move. Decent squash.

3) Penelope Ford vs Dani Jordyn. Jordyn has new gear I think. Looking very professional. Love that Kip leans into the himbo character so much. Taz, maybe talk about women a bit less. Jordyn looking pretty good here. Penelope Ford continues to improve. Once Excalibur and Veda shut Taz down I enjoyed this.

4) Brian Cage versus Megabyte "2 Cakes" Ronnie. Ronnie has an absolute 1970s bod in a good way. Obviously this is pretty one sided but this is pretty heavily physical in a good way. Great pop up powerbomb from Ronnie. Hot dog spot was funny.

5) Proud and Powerful vs Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr. Good fiery match. Glad that they let the underneath guys get offense on the same level as P&P. Garrison is really getting some seasoning now. Liked the spot of Pillman trying to tag in and not quite getting it. Love Ricky on commentary being laconic. "I have two thumbs, Excalibur".

6) Jessy Sorensen vs WILL HOBBS. We had hotdogs earlier, now we've got a serious helping of beef. Monster lariat to start. Absolutely love the push out of the cross body. Less a match and more a catalogue of Will Hobbs' power moves.

7) Rache Chanel vs Ivelisse and Diamante. This could be rough. Ivelisse and Diamante have a great collective look. Skyler Moore has a great armdrag. Rache Chanel has a pretty good back elbow. Oof, there was some clumsy stuff from Chanel there. Diamante's corner dropkick is awesome. Chanel's "shining wizard" was loving awful. There's 3 good wrestlers in this match and one mannequin made of broomsticks. 75% of a good match.

8) Colt Cabana vs QT Marshall. Dark Order out for a struggle session. Decent match between two good wrestlers, with very good story bits from the Dark Order side. Cabana being insecure and off his game is progressing the story well. Thanks for the Matt Classic ref there, Excalibur. Marshall's diving back elbow is very good. This is becoming a really compelling story match. I love that Stu Grayson is just a pure weapon. Very enjoyable.

9) Peter Avalon vs Brandon Cutler. Breaks my heart that my boys are fighting, but this could be great. Love the dragon mask on Cutler. This starts HOT. Lots of fast, passionate moves. Glad the Bucks are at ringside. Peter, don't shove Leva out of the way, that's not what you do with a Leva! Lots of energy, lots of story, and some really creative moves from both guys. Cutler's reverse DDT is amazing. Avalon's moonsault is a thing of beauty. Uh oh, both on the outside. Double count out? DOUBLE COUNT OUT! Perfect! Awww, Leva :(

10) Maxx Stardom and Dontae Smiley vs Best Friends. We have some ring gear going on here. New guys aren't making a huge amount of impact at the start. Stardom has a couple of slick moves which are fun. Not much to say about this but I like more serious Best Friends.

11) Dark Order vs In The Club. Grayson, Uno, Reynolds, and Silver are a hell of a great four man team. Private Party are superb. Gunn Club are also there. OK, I'll be fair, Billy can still go. Austin never went. Dropkick Sunset Flip from Private Party is wild. I love Tiny Tank John Silver so much. I love 8 man clusterfucks, so much fun, so much happening. I know Uno and Grayson are the OG tag team in Dark Order, but God do I want a Grayson singles run. I could watch Reynolds and Silver fight Private Party forever. Fun, chaotic main event. Good work, guys.

Altogether a fun show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For everyone worried about Veda

https://twitter.com/itsvedatime/status/1306031844991918080

Re Ivelisse being signed, from a recent interview:

quote:

Bell To Belles had to ask: was there an AEW contract in the works for Ivelisse?

…Obviously I’ve been featured a lot and that’s definitely a good thing. So, yeah, I can’t really comment further on that, but, definitely things look very positive.”
I’ve literally given half of my life to pro wrestling, to women’s wrestling, because it’s my number one passion. And my number one passion within that passion is to represent women’s wrestling at its highest, or at least at my highest capability, and to contribute towards those changes for women’s wrestling, on how women are perceived as competitors in the ring, and to gain that respect and that credibility that we all work so hard for, and I feel we deserve. So, now thankfully, thank God with AEW, so far, I’ve had these opportunities to continue that, and I am beyond grateful for that, too.”

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 16, 2020

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What a wild way to describe undermining a coworker, even if it was supposed to probably come off as playful.

Yeah this is exactly how it read to me. Just needlessly needling, even going beyond Taz's usual and expected "grumpy" persona. Taz interrupted her noticably more than he ever does to Excalibur.

I'm glad that Cutler and Avalon are getting routine bookings online at least, but the fact that they aren't on Dynamite is criminal: they're really, really good.

Sidenote, it looked like Rache Chanel caught Diamantes elbow REALLY hard. It was towards the start of the match, and Chanel drops for an arm drag, but just gets annihilated instead. Did she get confused, or just sell it well? Who knows!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Good Dark this week. Cutler/Avalon was just tremendous, hope that their blood feud continues for a while.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I'm a Red Velvet mark.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Majinfoose posted:

I'm a Red Velvet mark.

She deserved to squash Brandi.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

rantmo posted:

She deserved to squash Brandi.

You are correct

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Posting to say that while the People's Hot Dog probably can't survive weekly television, Megabyte Ronnie's ripcord sky high was loving hire.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it is DARK my dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-7v0vjX5Y

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I appreciate that someone at AEW bothers to put together this Dark splash screen every week with everyone who will be on

Like, they could just have a generic Dark waiting screen but someone really be out there figuring out exactly where Puf and Fuego Del Sol and Billy Gunn's idiot son need to fit on the graphic for this week

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please put some respect on Ropey's name

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Let's goooooooo. Put Serena on team Taz.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This seems to be a regular gig for Veda now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oooh more Ricky Starks commentary

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im ready for wrasslin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rembrandt Lewis is definitely an auto-generated jobber name

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh my god it's the cast of BTE!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Look at all them Spooky Perverts

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ooof this is rough

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

StarkRavingMad posted:

This seems to be a regular gig for Veda now

I presume they record two weeks at once like Dynamite. But you know, here's hoping.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Rembrandt Q. Einstein

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fuego del Sol and Rembrandt Lewis need a bit more seasoning, maybe a few more minutes in the toaster

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Rembrandt Lewis seems a touch sloppy but he could just be a little too amped up

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is this the second Rembrandt named wrestler on Dark.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Alaois posted:

Rembrandt Lewis is definitely an auto-generated jobber name

Your wrestler name is your favorite painter and your favorite explorer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
More like MUERTO DEL SOL

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Veda still biting on Taz's jabs at her and Excalibur in the booth, she's got to learn to brush most of them off like Ex does.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Fuego del Sol is Samurai Del Sols non union equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

drat UNO!! That finisher was awesome