Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Why Vstab? Tank already has great gun handling. I'm using the equipment the reward gave me but going to be replacing the turbo with optics in the future.

There is no such thing as too much gun handling, reload speed, or view range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Rudy is on sale again. Get two zero skill BIA crews for the price of one.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McGavin posted:

The Rudy is on sale again. Get two zero skill BIA crews for the price of one.

Don't forget about the :dogbutton:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Wish the dog was the commander. I would love to hear dogs barking when that tank penetrates something.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

They must have gotten a good deal on their supply of those tanks for them to be able to offer them at a discount again. Crazy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/MilHistNow/status/1305733080771112960?s=20

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

To celebrate I bought my Jg.Pz. E 100!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Where has the Strv S1 been all my life. Giving it a test run and wargaming is offering it to me for 50% off. :wtf:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

VelociBacon posted:

To celebrate I bought my Jg.Pz. E 100!

That's a bold camo choice, let's see if it catches on.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
That's a mod iirc, to show where you should shoot to hit ammo rack/engine etc. It just overlays a skin onto all tanks, only the person with the mod can see it.

Edit:

Where has the Strv S1 been all my life. Giving it a test run and wargaming is offering it to me for 50% off. :wtf:

Just remember your gun calibers and you are golden, any tank with a 90mm gun or less is an auto bounce. Anything above is an auto pen.

Also, the turbocharger applies in siege mode which makes it very powerful equipment for those tanks.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 16, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Isnt that mod illegal?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Isnt that mod illegal?

who knows these days but the ones like that i thought were fine but the ones that put actual boxes matching the hitboxes of the modules might not be allowed anymore?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Isnt that mod illegal?

Mods where the skins are edited are fine, but editing the 3D models so the outside is transparent and you can see the internal modules is banned.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Isnt that mod illegal?

Not at all. It's even included in Aslain's modpack which is checked and approved by Wargaming. The 3d xray mods are illegal.

There is a whole pile of Quality of life mods in Aslains that really should be in the base game because they offer a pretty stiff advantage. Particularly the one that persistently shows the last known positions on the mini map. It also shows all enemy tanks that have been spotted during the match, showing which ones are spotted right now, and which ones were not spotted by your team since the beginning of the round. That alone is a massive amount of information that can be easily used in mid game. Knowing that no tanks on the enemy team are unspotted, and the ones not currently spotted aren't on your flank? That means nearly guaranteeing it's safe to advance on the flank without surprises and removing the uncertainty of enemy positions. Priceless. Information is king.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Some of those mods are just too close to cheating.

I run mods that don't impact gameplay. Like the Battle Hits and Free Cam for replays.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

moolchaba posted:

Some of those mods are just too close to cheating.

I run mods that don't impact gameplay. Like the Battle Hits and Free Cam for replays.

If they are explicitly legal and in a developer approved modpack then I'm going to assume other people are using them. If other people are using them then I am just handicapping myself in a multiplayer game if I don't.

I don't see any reason to handicap myself that way.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Shows what I know what is allowed in Tanks in terms of modding. I am 100% Vanilla. I get depressed when I try to load mods because something minor happens and it crumbles my Ego. I am so stubborn with trying to get it to work to suit my needs but I need help installing that to work.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Use Aslain's. It's dead simple.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dravs posted:

That's a mod iirc, to show where you should shoot to hit ammo rack/engine etc. It just overlays a skin onto all tanks, only the person with the mod can see it.

I was attempting a joke on how it would be silly for a real tank to paint its weak spots on its camo, but I failed clearly.

I used those weakspot skins myself back in the day but these days I like my dumb stickers too much.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah same, I used them for a bit, but then I realised that basically if you shoot a tank in the side of rear then you have a pretty high chance to hit either fuel tanks engine or ammo rack regardless of where you aim, I would rather make my Kranvaugn look like it has a smiley face.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Let's just say I spent several hundred Anniversary Tokens on that large buff mouse and STUG LIFE stickers.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I'm 100% vanilla just so that I have something to blame other than me just sucking at the game.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

TracerM17 posted:

I'm 100% vanilla just so that I have something to blame other than me just sucking at the game.

You have every other teammate to blame and the arty on the other team as well though!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

McGavin posted:

Use Aslain's. It's dead simple.

This. It's literally just run the installer. It brings up a list of it's contents and you check the box in front of the ones you want to use, then it installs them all. Want to change mods? Just run the installer again.

The skins are of almost no usefulness, the mini map mods, zoom mods and tank information mods however are really useful.There is also one that tells you the exact thickness of the armor you are aiming at, but it doesn't account for angle or layered armor. It lets you see basically how green or yellow the armor is where you are aiming.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BitBasher posted:

There is also one that tells you the exact thickness of the armor you are aiming at, but it doesn't account for angle or layered armor. It lets you see basically how green or yellow the armor is where you are aiming.

If it's the one I use it actually does account for angled armour, but it only shows the thickness of the outer layer for spaced armour. Useful information if you're using HEAT ammo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TracerM17 posted:

If you're on EU then BOY HOWDY you always have something to blame.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I suck at at the IS-3-II because I try too hard to double shots but I can't resist. I've been on fire in the Panther lately though so it evens out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/starlight-kit-0920/

:allears:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

at least it isnt stormfront

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Goast posted:

It looks like there's another box coming next month, so... :ohdear:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Goast posted:

That's the EU chat.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
you guys should really consider uninstalling this game, for your own good

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

ROFLburger posted:

you guys should really consider uninstalling this game, for your own good

done

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
They are selling a new American Medium premium tank that seems a bit "Meh". Looks like a cartoon Sheridan

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I would not suggest to buy the T42. The only redeeming traits are the aim time and the premium ammo. I've only felt it really shine when I can be 100% hull down against other medium tanks or I press 2 and shoot lasers. If only I wasn't such a sucker for the 3D skins.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 19, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Peep the snap shot meta.
https://i.imgur.com/zJ3YW81.mp4

Big oof.

Working about as good as the PZIC.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well, I think I am done with tanks for today...

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/5551533

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTKtmvrceU

YouTube might still be in SD because their processing kinda sucks rear end.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e;
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5551986#lakeville-mariuslecter-at_8

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 20, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Steel Hunter returns tomorrow, which means I'll finally have enough tokens for a reward tank. I still don't know if I should get the AE Phase 1 or the Char Futur. Heeeelp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Der Shovel posted:

Steel Hunter returns tomorrow, which means I'll finally have enough tokens for a reward tank. I still don't know if I should get the AE Phase 1 or the Char Futur. Heeeelp!

Do you like French auto-loaders or a solid heavy tank?

Whatever your first reaction is to that question, that's what you pick. I personally went for the Char because I love auto-loaders.