Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Jurassic Bros vs Lucha Express 12 15.38%
Jakeico vs Sonny and Joey 8 10.26%
Nyla vs Tay 4 5.13%
Dustin vs The Mister 54 69.23%
Total: 78 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've never seen mean girls
you should fix that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ICR posted:

Dani has been putting in serious work and you can tell. The girl wants it. It’s not my place to comment on physique but I think something positive is appreciated:

She’s done an outstanding job toning up.
Her gear looks very good. The indie look is gone for her.
She’s much smoother in the ring and her athleticism is better than when we first saw her.

For these reasons alone, I hope her future is with AEW. I like the Burn Book because hell, it beats generic CAW wrestler gimmick. It’s different and different is good.

Agreed on all points; her new gear in particular is a huge improvement. The burn book is a decent opening match/low midcard gimmick for now.

Hoping they let Red Velvet do some chain wrestling soon, always liked when Emi and Riho would throw that into the mix.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ICR posted:

Dani has been putting in serious work and you can tell. The girl wants it. It’s not my place to comment on physique but I think something positive is appreciated:

She’s done an outstanding job toning up.
Her gear looks very good. The indie look is gone for her.
She’s much smoother in the ring and her athleticism is better than when we first saw her.

For these reasons alone, I hope her future is with AEW. I like the Burn Book because hell, it beats generic CAW wrestler gimmick. It’s different and different is good.

I just went back and watched her first match in AEW against Kris Statlander in March, and she has stepped every aspect of her game up since then. But then I guess that comes from having high profile matches from the company where your trainer works.

CombineThresher posted:

Agreed on all points; her new gear in particular is a huge improvement. The burn book is a decent opening match/low midcard gimmick for now.

It needs to be shown to camera long enough for people to see it, the Penelope one was pretty funny once I was able to see what it said.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

so when are they putting the strap on megabyte ronnie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've never seen mean girls

That is so not fetch

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

If nothing else, she's drastically simplified her use of the prop and that alone would be a good sign of progress.

And when it does come into play it's very funny.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's my birthday, I hope I get a good episode of Dynamite today.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

you should fix that

I don't like Tina Fey. Her run as head writer on SNL soured me on her so much I've got zero interest in ever watching anything else she does ever again. I've absorbed all the big stuff via cultural osmosis. You can't sit with us. Stop trying to make fetch happen. Etc.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I Before E posted:

:toot: :woop: :toot:

Happy Birthday!!!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

It’s not apples to apples but if Jericho can get a clipboard over as “the list” there’s no reason the burn book can’t be a viable gimmick prop

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

Happy pogday

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I Before E posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mons Hubris posted:

It’s not apples to apples but if Jericho can get a clipboard over as “the list” there’s no reason the burn book can’t be a viable gimmick prop

Yeah I’m not saying it’s dead in the water but it’s nigh impossible to get the gimmick over as a Dark jobber that doesn’t get mic time and instead just points at it every now and then

Then again, that works for Luther

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1306268740527497216?s=19

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol people are going to lose their minds that we’re going to get an iOS EWR before a console game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm a million percent on board with the description of that game.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

lol people are going to lose their minds that we’re going to get an iOS EWR before a console game.

I can't believe AEW is marketing directly to me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Play as Coward Tony on your phone or tablet! Can you conquer the Demo and then tell the world?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who was tony khan on ewbattleground

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can make the lucha bros tag champs AND book megabyte ronnie to beat mox in a hot dog eating contest for the belt

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Different versions of Tony Kahn better be selectable in that game.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Can I have two color-shifted versions of Penta fight each other?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

enigmahfc posted:

Different versions of Tony Kahn better be selectable in that game.

Coward, Big Bicep, Fulham FC.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If it's just EWR but AEW I'm so fuckin in. I want that more than a "real" game even.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The problem with the burn book isn't necessarily the idea itself so much as its just completely stolen from a movie without any sense of irony or a spin on it or anything.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wezlar posted:

The problem with the burn book isn't necessarily the idea itself so much as its just completely stolen from a movie without any sense of irony or a spin on it or anything.

I mean... This is pro wrestling. Kenny Omega just does the Terminator pose and then everyone claps the theme to Terminator and it's called the Rise of the Terminator.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Excalibur/Taz/Veda team brings me so much joy. Hoping for someone to come to their senses and replace JR with Veda on Dynamite.

A couple of pages late, but I enjoy the Taz and Veda dynamic.

I am surprised someone who went to law school doesn’t remember to ensure she’s naming the parties specifically instead of saying “they” and “he.”

It does show how experienced Taz is as an announcer.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I mean... This is pro wrestling. Kenny Omega just does the Terminator pose and then everyone claps the theme to Terminator and it's called the Rise of the Terminator.

I get what you're saying, I just feel like with "The Real Mean Girl" as her nickname and The Burn Book it's just too in your face that her entire character is a reference to this movie and really feels like an indie gimmick.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Chanel is one of the worst wrestlers i have seen. She was screwing up basic arm drags. Give time to the other women, she just isnt ready

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I honestly wish Coward Tony would hire MDickie to make the console and PC game

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wezlar posted:

I get what you're saying, I just feel like with "The Real Mean Girl" as her nickname and The Burn Book it's just too in your face that her entire character is a reference to this movie and really feels like an indie gimmick.

I feel like the thing is the idea of just being a mean girl exists in reality as well, and the book itself is more of a platform than a joke in and of itself, so I guess it doesn't bother me.

I also loved the Paul Burchill Jack Sparrow gimmick though so what the gently caress do I know.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mighty Pirate Burchill had legs and it's a shame it got derailed because Vince is permanently 10 years behind what's popular

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

who owes marko stunt this big of a favor that he's still on weekly television

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
Join the Dark Order

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

boar guy posted:

who owes marko stunt this big of a favor that he's still on weekly television

Marko Stunt is funny, fills a role in the company very well, and is part of a super-popular trio.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't like Tina Fey. Her run as head writer on SNL soured me on her so much I've got zero interest in ever watching anything else she does ever again. I've absorbed all the big stuff via cultural osmosis. You can't sit with us. Stop trying to make fetch happen. Etc.

Only watching Tina Fey's SNL content is one of the biggest self-owns possible

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Duke Pukem posted:

Chanel is one of the worst wrestlers i have seen. She was screwing up basic arm drags. Give time to the other women, she just isnt ready

She threw a really good spinning back elbow, which is one more good move than she normally has in a match. Improvement!

I was thinking about how Dark now has continuous storylines, which is markedly different from its inception where it was literally the dark matches. Maybe the overall match quality isn't quite as high, but it's definitely more engaging as a whole.

Also yes, sign the gently caress out of Megabyte Ronnie and get him in a Dark feud with Nakazawa.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Marko Stunt is funny, fills a role in the company very well, and is part of a super-popular trio.

counterpoint: he's small, not funny in the way that a child that has had too much sugar and not enough sleep isn't funny, impossible to take seriously, and should go away

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay jim cornette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
Considering Dani's coming off a recent knee injury she's been doing pretty well on Dark since like her match with Shida