Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Idk what any of that means but it doesn't look like f1 to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

alonso loving sucks

which wdc holding drivers are good to you

note that is not a list that includes stroll so dont even try

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

holy gently caress this guy's more british than the goddamn queen

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

FAUXTON posted:

holy gently caress this guy's more british than the goddamn queen

His teeth looks pretty good though? :confused:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

gret posted:

His teeth looks pretty good though? :confused:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

i almost made a serious post that included notorious british cheat poois shamilton, but I came to my senses

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

i almost made a serious post that included notorious british cheat poois shamilton, but I came to my senses

you were on the right track

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

you were on the right track

my beef with alonso is that yes he was a very good driver, but he's like 40 now and we already have one 40 year old making GBS threads up the midfield yelling obscenties through the radio

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

I can answer that for him

Ascari
Fangio
Hawthorn
Hill
Surtees
Lauda
Scheckter
Schumacher
Räikkönen

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

track day bro! posted:

my beef with alonso is that yes he was a very good driver, but he's like 40 now and we already have one 40 year old making GBS threads up the midfield yelling obscenties through the radio

they let you drive?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mokotow posted:

Bloody hell mate, thats some deep-seated hatred

Ferrari reverting to type is making me mean. :(

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Alonso is a bin man who vastly overestimates his own skills and abilities and comes off as a twat. That’s my expert insight

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Alonso is a bin man who vastly overestimates his own skills and abilities and comes off as a twat. That’s my expert insight

SUPER HOT FUCKIN' SPICY rear end TAKE READY TO SERVE

If Flav was still in F1 I'm like 90% sure he'd have engineered a way to run the Mercedes F1 team and Alonso would be a 9 time world champion right now.

Singapore '08 killed Alonso's career because it got the kingmaker blacklisted from F1.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

My favourite recent Crofty moment was Nico Rosberg giving him shade for talking utter nonsense during free practice. If you think he's bad during the qualifying and races, he's much worse in free practice because of the added #bants which are usually poo poo. LOL ANT DAVIDSON IS SHORT EH LADS etc etc.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sulman posted:

My favourite recent Crofty moment was Nico Rosberg giving him shade for talking utter nonsense during free practice. If you think he's bad during the qualifying and races, he's much worse in free practice because of the added #bants which are usually poo poo. LOL ANT DAVIDSON IS SHORT EH LADS etc etc.

He is irredeemably poo poo. I can't bring myself to watch FP sessions unless they're muted because he just rambles on filling dead air, inexplicably repeating garbage from Twitter and Reddit.

I'm not even expecting some form of ~journalistic integrity~ but why the gently caress is the fat, bloviating, shouty piece of poo poo even on the payroll when they have like at least 7 former F1 drivers, 4 of whom are race winners and 3 of whom are former WDCs? Like what loving insight does the rear end in a top hat bring to anybody who isn't watching the TV or has the reddit app on their phone?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I remember when they had Karun and Davidson together for FP which was great. They seem like pretty good friends and both of them are actual racedrivers so had interesting stuff to say.

For some reason F1 always has to have a non race driver as a commentator tho

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I remember when they had Karun and Davidson together for FP which was great. They seem like pretty good friends and both of them are actual racedrivers so had interesting stuff to say.

8 former drivers, I forgot former F1 driver and LMP1 championship winner Anthony Davidson, who presumably also doesn't reference his experience of commentating on darts on his CV.

Oh gently caress, I forgot Allan McNish who does some incidental work too and also is not a darts commentator but somebody with a passing familiarity with motorsport having driven for an actual F1 team in a professional capacity. So it's 9.

e: yes I am mad

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

track day bro! posted:

As a non-native english speaker, I really struggle to understand Karun :shrug:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

They're trying to find the next Murray Walker, which is impossible.

Murray shouted a lot and sometimes got the names of the drivers wrong because he was genuinely enthusiastic about the events of the race and often got overexcited, this was endearing.

The series of bloated tossbags we've had since shout all the time and don't even bother to learn the names of most of the drivers because "that's what Murray did, right?", this is not endearing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sulman posted:

They did a lockdown zoom commentary thing with Crofty, Ant, and Jenson for the Canada race, and Crofty kept on taking the piss out of Ant mentioning that he was a test driver “I wondered how long it would take before you tried to claim credit”, and kept on an on at him until Jenson snapped and explained exactly what a test driver did in that era and why Ant *did* deserve credit for the win.

Him banging on about tattoos and Renault is far worse though, like dude, if you want a tattoo just go out and loving get one it’s 2020 and you are a grown man for Christ sake.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

He is irredeemably poo poo. I can't bring myself to watch FP sessions unless they're muted because he just rambles on filling dead air, inexplicably repeating garbage from Twitter and Reddit.

I'm not even expecting some form of ~journalistic integrity~ but why the gently caress is the fat, bloviating, shouty piece of poo poo even on the payroll when they have like at least 7 former F1 drivers, 4 of whom are race winners and 3 of whom are former WDCs? Like what loving insight does the rear end in a top hat bring to anybody who isn't watching the TV or has the reddit app on their phone?
Love the energy, Theo.
In the Tuscan GP there was this glorious moment where he didn't notice the lights had gone out for half a beat, then just had to yell AND ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO before realising he was catchphrasing instead of actually commenting and stumbling to finish it.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT43w0EDBPU&t=344s (5:45) this is how you commentate
Wish I could hear Crofty's limp yet still over-egged WHEEL TO WHEEL instead of that, said no one.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 16, 2020

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

He’s going ROUND THE OUTSIDE

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Love the energy, Theo.
In the Tuscan GP there was this glorious moment where he didn't notice the lights had gone out for half a beat, then just had to yell AND ITS LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO before realising he was catchphrasing instead of actually commenting and stumbling to finish it.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT43w0EDBPU&t=344s (5:45) this is how you commentate
Wish I could hear Crofty's limp yet still over-egged WHEEL TO WHEEL instead of that, said no one.

young brundle sounds so weird now

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Mokotow posted:

As a non-native english speaker, I really struggle to understand Karun :shrug:
Offensive. You must be the reason Lewis is kneeling before every race. #2ndracism

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

If you have F1TV the pitlane stream has much better commentating and three camera views. It's so much better than the global tv stream.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
My most memorable Brundle and Crofty moment was three or four years ago at Monaco when they talked about each other's rain jackets for literally five minutes straight.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

If you have F1TV the pitlane stream has much better commentating and three camera views. It's so much better than the global tv stream.

I should've done this earlier.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kimi’s done a racism on Instagram and now every fuckwad on the internet is “lolololol kimi hahaha isn’t he the man”

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

What has he done?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

learnincurve posted:

They did a lockdown zoom commentary thing with Crofty, Ant, and Jenson for the Canada race, and Crofty kept on taking the piss out of Ant mentioning that he was a test driver “I wondered how long it would take before you tried to claim credit”, and kept on an on at him until Jenson snapped and explained exactly what a test driver did in that era and why Ant *did* deserve credit for the win.

Him banging on about tattoos and Renault is far worse though, like dude, if you want a tattoo just go out and loving get one it’s 2020 and you are a grown man for Christ sake.

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to take a look at it.
Also, being a F1 test driver is still much closer to being an F1 driver than Croft (or really most folks) will get to be, so he can gently caress off with that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Four of them up on Sky and they are a pig to find: Watchalong with Jenson: Hungry ‘06, F1 Watchalong with Jenson: Canada 2011, F1 Watchalong with Damon: Hungary 1997, Sky F1 Watchalong - Superlative Spa

Inconsistency Sky’s own.

Edit: also no timing because the bbc and itv are petty assholes

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 17, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Custard Undies posted:

What has he done?

Compared himself to James Hunt, posted a picture of Lewis mocking his outfit and himself drunk off his tits with a Nazi.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

What has he done?

the sound you're hearing is worst thread regs rushing to their keyboards to post hot takes about how this "isn't racism it's about fashion"

Indeed it is:

https://twitter.com/HSouthwellFE/status/1300388830869102592?s=20

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Starting 2021 every F1 car should have one of these vacuum cleaners on every wheel to suck up their own micro particles.
They'll have to carry whatever they loose in tire degradation to the end of the race.
A whole new era of tire wars.
Instead of champagne, winner will get to pour the content of his vacuum bag over the others.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/sep/17/device-to-curb-microplastic-emissions-wins-james-dyson-award

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Four of them up on Sky and they are a pig to find: Watchalong with Jenson: Hungry ‘06, F1 Watchalong with Jenson: Canada 2011, F1 Watchalong with Damon: Hungary 1997, Sky F1 Watchalong - Superlative Spa

Inconsistency Sky’s own.

Edit: also no timing because the bbc and itv are petty assholes

Found it on YouTube, but not available in Greece (and also in whatever country my Opera VPN took me to), I'll see where I can watch it. Thanks for the info.

NtotheTC posted:

the sound you're hearing is worst thread regs rushing to their keyboards to post hot takes about how this "isn't racism it's about fashion"

Indeed it is:

Who's the guy in the right in the pic?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 17, 2020

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

and in 2nd Racism news, this article from 2012 has resurfaced today. Looks like Mark Hughes has been benefitting for 8 years by having noone know or care about anything he's written

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

and in 2nd Racism news, this article from 2012 has resurfaced today. Looks like Mark Hughes has been benefitting for 8 years by having noone know or care about anything he's written

Wow. What the gently caress? :stonk:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently David croft is from Stevenage.

Holy poo poo that article :stonk:

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 17, 2020

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

Indeed it is:

https://twitter.com/HSouthwellFE/status/1300388830869102592?s=20

The only thing Kimi says in the official F1 anti racism montage is 'I stand'

It's almost like Kimi is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

NtotheTC posted:

:lmao: