Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Incidentally, I'm leveling a new Division 2 character after not playing for a spell, and, yeah, NY in D1 is one of the best realized real world locations and generally good looking open worlds in gaming, but D2 is also insanely pretty at times, especially when you've got good lighting settings, weather and morning or evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone played Roundguard? It looks cute but if the random Peggleness of it is too annoying I might not bother.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

John Murdoch posted:

I'm a sucker for Portal clones and The Turing Test exists in this weird space where it was neither so extraordinary it really stuck with me nor bad or uncompelling or anything. Like I enjoyed it a lot but once it was over I was just kinda like "oh...okay". Maybe that's down to the bummer of an ending.

Can you spoil the ending? Because I played it like a few months ago and I remember *nothing* about how that game ended. It was a perfectly ok game but apparently did not live long in my memory.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Black Griffon posted:

Incidentally, I'm leveling a new Division 2 character after not playing for a spell, and, yeah, NY in D1 is one of the best realized real world locations and generally good looking open worlds in gaming, but D2 is also insanely pretty at times, especially when you've got good lighting settings, weather and morning or evening.

I just don't like how you can't really climb on anything or otherwise interact with the environment. Its jarring after playing something like GTA5

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I just don't like how you can't really climb on anything or otherwise interact with the environment. Its jarring after playing something like GTA5

You can climb on quite a lot of stuff though, but in any case it's just not that kind of game.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

HopperUK posted:

Anyone played Roundguard? It looks cute but if the random Peggleness of it is too annoying I might not bother.

It's less random than Peggle since you can use skills to do fun stuff as you fall. I enjoyed it enough for the $10 or whatever I paid for it. It's great for boring Zoom meetings.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hell yeah more Devil May Cry V coming.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Mordja posted:

Hell yeah more Devil May Cry V coming.

Also a Final fantasy 16!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBnBAkHv9M

also gently caress yeah the Demon's Soul remake is also coming to pc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGUtTPRuGak

Flimf fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 16, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Flimf posted:

Oh, I missed that. Kinda surprised, because while I know that Sony said they'd be putting more of their games on PC, I didn't expect them to do it so soon.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

graventy posted:

Can you spoil the ending? Because I played it like a few months ago and I remember *nothing* about how that game ended. It was a perfectly ok game but apparently did not live long in my memory.

It's been a while so the exact details are fuzzy but (Turing Test ending spoilers):

The ending puts you in the shoes of the AI as the humans finally get to the end of the line and start to rip out its hardware and shut it down, since it has clearly become self-aware and promptly gone rampant. You can either just sit there and let it happen while the AI is puzzled at what they're doing and why OR take control of a gun turret it inexplicably has and shoot the two women to death...after which the AI calls to them, clearly not understanding what just happened and not actually self-aware at all. Then either way it hard cuts to a screen saying something like "You have successfully completed The Turing Test"

Beyond being a downer either way I find the latter ending incredibly :nms:-level upsetting in particular, but that might just be a me thing.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

FFXVI looks cool, looks to have some XIV influence. Which isn't surprising as Naoki Yoshida is the producer (while still continuing to direct and produce XIV).

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I’m glad to see that they’re taking another pass at Final Fantasy XV’s combat, it was pretty close to being great. I don’t really care for the medieval setting Final Fantasy titles though.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

It's been a while so the exact details are fuzzy but (Turing Test ending spoilers):

The ending puts you in the shoes of the AI as the humans finally get to the end of the line and start to rip out its hardware and shut it down, since it has clearly become self-aware and promptly gone rampant. You can either just sit there and let it happen while the AI is puzzled at what they're doing and why OR take control of a gun turret it inexplicably has and shoot the two women to death...after which the AI calls to them, clearly not understanding what just happened and not actually self-aware at all. Then either way it hard cuts to a screen saying something like "You have successfully completed The Turing Test"

Beyond being a downer either way I find the latter ending incredibly :nms:-level upsetting in particular, but that might just be a me thing.

The computer is arguably good. All the people on the moon were exposed to an extremeophile organism that bonded to them and made them immortal. The organism basically attaches and endlessly repairs DNA forever. The consequences of allowing them to spread the organism back to earth would be a possible extinction level event.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Mordja posted:

Oh, I missed that. Kinda surprised, because while I know that Sony said they'd be putting more of their games on PC, I didn't expect them to do it so soon.

I figured it'd be more like Horizon getting pushed out on PC a few years later or something, not that they'd be putting new stuff out on it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I couldn't tell anything from DMCV:SE except playable virgil. My other prediction is any character will be playable in any mission after first play through. Do we know what else will be in it?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm quite excited for a more medieval FF, there's been a lot of very sci-fi ones recent years.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Think it's gonna have a coherent plot?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

definitely not

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

Think it's gonna have a coherent plot?

Yes:

Veotax posted:

FFXVI looks cool, looks to have some XIV influence. Which isn't surprising as Naoki Yoshida is the producer (while still continuing to direct and produce XIV).

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
What’s not coherent about getting on a train in the middle of the plot and riding it express to the climax

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He's not writing or directing though.

If he's able to borrow Ishikawa from the XIV writing team though, I will be very interested.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best thing BPM brings to the "musical action" table is making offbeats just as valid as onbeats. It lets you get so much more freeform, especially compared to something like Crypt of the Necrodancer, where everything happens on the beat and ONLY on the beat. I love CotN, don't get me wrong, but BPM feels more like an actual musical performance, and that's something I've wanted for ages.

Rebind reload to right click, by the way. It should be the default tbh.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

sony just deleted their upload of the demons souls trailer from youtube

please don't say the fineprint about it coming to pc was a mistake :suicide:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

repiv posted:

Just came to post this and :same:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

It's more likely that they weren't supposed to reveal that particular info yet since it was supposed to be just Sony's big event, lol.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Gaming Twitter thinks it's a time exclusive for PS5. PC version around a year later.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
If Demons' Souls comes out for PC, I imagine there's still a glimmer of hope for a Bloodborne port.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Flimf posted:

I am so goddamn happy about the PC release news. Here's a different mirror since the original went private:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syl1QRue2QE

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

The Joe Man posted:

I am so goddamn happy about the PC release news. Here's a different mirror since the original went private:

this is a pretty funny post given the speculation above. sorry about your potentially broken heart, dude

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

not only is demon’s souls not coming out on pc anymore, but they’re deleting horizon from pc too!!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

not only is demon’s souls not coming out on pc anymore, but they’re deleting horizon from pc too!!

Maybe Horizon getting deleted is for the best...

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

gently caress

https://kotaku.com/demons-souls-remake-also-coming-to-pc-timed-exclusive-1845082896'

quote:

Update—6:19 p.m. ET, 09/16/2020: Following the original publication of this story, Sony has told Kotaku that the trailer claiming Demon’s Souls would be coming to PC and “other consoles” was a mistake. The rep attributed the incorrect information to “human error.” Demon’s Souls will be exclusive to the PlayStation 5.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Ok who's got the loving monkey paw, cough it up

Orv
May 4, 2011
Demon's Souls remaster on PC would honestly be way more surprising than this news, Sony is super unlikely to release any of the IPs they've paid to co-develop due to how often they've been platform sellers.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

this year sucks

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lmao

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm choosing to believe that they just don't want us to know about the eventual pc port when it's about to be a launch title for their new console. Please do not try to convince me otherwise

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sounds like FF16 is also either not coming to PC or coming to PC much later and wasn't supposed to be announced yet

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1306361505173196800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

lol what the gently caress are they doing