Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wait what, do you think these are the only PS4 games that'll run?!

i was under the impression that those were just free games with PS+ for the PS5 but if that's the entire current BC list then loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
DMC5:SE is 120fps on ps5. :eyepop:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

acksplode posted:

I'm bummed that Sony is cribbing Nintendo's BC strategy rather than Microsoft's. Though practically I guess it won't mean much for me, Bloodborne and TLG are part of the program and that's pretty much all I wanted. It just sucks that it's a limited selection tied to your subscription, I was really hoping Microsoft would establish a new norm going forward.

What? I thought the collection was just a value add to PS+, not the extent of BC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Numlock posted:

Interesting that Sonys response to Microsofts aggressive pricing of the S/X is just giving away a handful of
games you probably already have.

they're not giving them away though, they're tied to a PS+ sub

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m gonna buy this thing tomorrow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i was under the impression that those were just free games with PS+ for the PS5 but if that's the entire current BC list then loving lmao

It's not

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Macaluso posted:

Any chance of Bloodborne running at 60 on the PS5 or would they need to basically put out a remake for that

It would need a patch or a remake for that, and it would require a fair bit of work since the game ties quite a bit of functionality to its framerate.

So, I would say there's next to no chance of it happening. It didn't even get a Pro patch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rinkles posted:

What? I thought the collection was just a value add to PS+, not the extent of BC.

it is, just sony confusing everyone again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Akuma posted:

It's £100 cheaper and has GamePass?

But why not get a one x which is better and the same price and also has game pass?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

mcmagic posted:

I wonder if Demon's Souls is for PS4...

not a chance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

But why not get a one x which is better and the same price and also has game pass?

It's discontinued

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I already have every game in the BC collection except FF15 and days gone and maybe one other

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
they're really going to coincide the preorder window with the 3080 gpu's

stampede's a-comin'

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Numlock posted:

Whole lot of meh IMHO

Probably going to wait at least a year before upgrading.

Interesting that Sonys response to Microsofts aggressive pricing of the S/X is just giving away a handful of
games you probably already have.

I mean they didn’t try and answer it.

The Xbox cheaper version is an inferior version on a tech level, which PlayStation just ignored

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Miles Morales being on PS4 also is kind of downplaying the special ness of getting it on PS5.

Good for PS4 owners but less of a drive to upgrade

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Demons Souls and Beyond Light make a killer launch for me. Finally getting that 60fps Destiny.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Wait
Demon's Souls is on PC also ?!?!?!?!

well. now I definitely can wait until 2021 to get the PS5

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

I literally gasped when he vaulted lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

uh, its BC with discs too. the plus collection is just a bonus for launch time with plus.

You sure about that? It concerns me that this is literally the only communication we've had about BC in a video presentation, and the first thing about it we've heard officially from Sony for months. If I can still expect to pop any PS4 disc into my PS5 and play it then Sony should probably say so. I don't understand why they wouldn't have mentioned that if it were the case.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It's discontinued

I am sure you will be able to find them around for a while yet. Xboxes do not exactly sell out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Avicus posted:

I pre-ordered asscreed valhalla but it looks like it's not out until 31st Dec for PS5, which is a bit wank.

Glad I'll have miles morales and demon souls to play on my PLAYSTATION 5 CONSOLE at launch, though.

That's a common placeholder date. I'm sure Ubi will update it to the real date now that the PS5 release date has been announced.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

they're not giving them away though, they're tied to a PS+ sub

No, no, marketing won. We refer to things you pay money for as "free" now. I gave Subway $8 and got a free sandwich in return yesterday.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306339499543130112

OH poo poo

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In the standalone trailer video on the official playstation YouTube it says at the end it’s also on PC.

Holy poo poo piss!!!!!!!!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

You sure about that? It concerns me that this is literally the only communication we've had about BC in a video presentation, and the first thing about it we've heard officially from Sony for months. If I can still expect to pop any PS4 disc into my PS5 and play it then Sony should probably say so. I don't understand why they wouldn't have mentioned that if it were the case.

they didn't even announce demon's souls was a launch title. don't worry about it

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ZZZorcerer posted:

Wait
Demon's Souls is on PC also ?!?!?!?!

well. now I definitely can wait until 2021 to get the PS5

It's unclear if it's coming to PC simultaneosly, but it is PC yeah.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

they didn't even announce demon's souls was a launch title. don't worry about it

Yeah fair enough. Sony's marketing department should hire this Geoff Keighley guy, he's pretty good at doing their job

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

VideoGames posted:

I am sure you will be able to find them around for a while yet. Xboxes do not exactly sell out.

uhh here in america all consoles have been purchased by scalpers that sell them for $100 more online, you more or less have to camp a store or refresh really enthusiastically stock pages all day to get it oinline at msrp

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CottonWolf posted:

It's unclear if it's coming to PC simultaneosly, but it is PC yeah.

Only says its a timed exclusive for consoles, not PC

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Day 1 buy, but I'm not going to be able to play it till Christmas. That's going to be a rough 6 weeks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

Yeah fair enough. Sony's marketing department should hire this Geoff Keighley guy, he's pretty good at doing their job

their messaging has been atrocious this gen for sure

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Oh poo poo, if Demon's Souls is on PC I don't see much reason to buy one of these right now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

acksplode posted:

ill take a :toxx: week long probe, ripping off QoP, if you cannot put your ps4 discs in your ps5 and play them. they suck at saying poo poo for some incredible insane reason. we've had to go to twitter for launch confirmation for spidey and demon souls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

there's no way Demon's Souls is coming to PS4

Look at the footnote. It ain’t coming to Xbox so what else could it mean.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kirios posted:

Why on Earth would you buy this day one?

so that I can be one of the posters exclusively allowed into the PS5 thread :getin:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the 4999th page of this, the second inaugural PS4 thread, will be its last. :blastu:

please be excited!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Ok Demon Souls being launch makes me way more hyped. I’d feel differently if I had played it but it’s new to me and looks rad.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Oh poo poo, if Demon's Souls is on PC I don't see much reason to buy one of these right now

Did they confirm this? Is it at launch?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

god drat thats a good opening lineup, I'm hype

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

they probably whipped that up three minutes before they went live and forgot to change the text

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Switch port incoming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

r u ready to WALK posted:

$499 is a small price to pay to play ps4 games without the jet engine noise imo

Basically why I may upgrade day one. I don't care about PS5 games till next year, but drat do I want to play my current gen games at not such insane volumes.