Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do we know if firewalls added fire damage scales with gems or will it be something I just put without a link for it and only really scale it if Im going burning damage?

We'll know for sure later today but from the preview it seemed like the flat damage just scales with levels but the burning effect might be able to be scaled with supports. Could be pretty huge for ignite builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

CA/TR pathfinder. I'm probably gonna do this unless I can miracle out some good numbers on this dumb spellslinger idea.
blehhhh

also not as a starter but I definitely want to do something with Discharge this league, numbers on it are silly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve never done CA TR past level 28 so yeah I think I’m going to do it.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

This new skeleton unique is wild. Guardian Dom blow and skeletons?

J
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1306333578859442181

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Holy poo poo wtf

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

wtf is that, might be the most broken item in the game

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Did some testing and Chaosslinger is still perfectly fine to get you through the campaign, though you might wanna wait till you get a 4L for Soulrend before switching

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I’m guessing it’s a given that this league, or at least its new stuff, are going core?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lamentable dustman posted:

wtf is that, might be the most broken item in the game

I mean, admittedly, there are some caveats there. You can already get Unholy Might and Withered on skelebois, via the passive tree + cluster jewels. Making them do triple damage is nuts but also it means you have to scale their physical damage without Brutality so they can benefit from the extra Chaos, which complicates their damage output.

It also requires the player to hit an enemy with a weapon attack which is inconvenient for a summoner. It doesn’t require the player to do meaningful damage with that attack tho.

Also it has no other minion damage modifiers and precludes you from using a trigger weapon unless you use a scepter in the off hand.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess there is the opportunity cost of not using one of the traditional summon or weapons

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
So this is what it takes to tempt the lazy summoner folks into melee range?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

CommunityEdition posted:

I’m guessing it’s a given that this league, or at least its new stuff, are going core?

"This league" = Heist or Harvest? Harvest is "none of it for now, will figure out what to bring back in the near future".

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

This is an insanely cool design. Love how you wield the foreground sword and the skeletons have the background one

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Lightning Knight posted:

Holy poo poo wtf

Literally my exact reaction to this irl haha

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Skelemancer cyclone hex-on-hit?

e: how stoned is this skeleton, btw?

"have u ever really looked at your shield???" ;-;

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

It also requires the player to hit an enemy with a weapon attack which is inconvenient for a summoner. It doesn’t require the player to do meaningful damage with that attack tho.

Whirling Blades

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Necro skellis with cyclone with infused channeling

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wuxi posted:

Did some testing and Chaosslinger is still perfectly fine to get you through the campaign, though you might wanna wait till you get a 4L for Soulrend before switching

With just soulrend and ED, or did you find a way to squeeze in contagion?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

MMF Freeway posted:

This is an insanely cool design. Love how you wield the foreground sword and the skeletons have the background one

Agreed.

In the realm of 'get me closer so I can hit it with my sword' summoner design it competes with The Scourge which also has a lot of upsides. The visual effect on this is absolutely nuts though.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
Triple damage sounds absolutely nuts.
I think you can just play a generic summoner for 95% of the map and just hit vigilant strike on bosses.
They should easily melt within those 4 seconds.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

RossCo posted:

A couple of pages ago someone casually mentioned that Residence was once on the best maps for getting six links.

Probably something obvious I have missed, but why is that?

Along with what MMF Freeway said, this is usually my go to farming way to get a 6link. Based on purely anecdotal evidence, I averaged a card every 4 residence maps or so. Obviously with bad streaks and then sometimes 2-3 in one map.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

With just soulrend and ED, or did you find a way to squeeze in contagion?

Soulrend and ED. Contagion isn't needed, Soulrend already has insane clear

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

that's it league starting skels. I *will* make this work

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Wuxi posted:

Whirling Blades

True, but can’t jump gaps. Summoners are already socket-starved.

I think it’s a really good weapon but it’s also an inconvenient weapon due to requiring maintenance by the player via hitting with it. If ranged attacks like Spectral Throw or whatever work that could solve that problem. Still no trigger weapon/shield tho.

Higher opportunity cost than it seems on first glance. Very cool weapon tho.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Grimoire posted:

that's it league starting skels. I *will* make this work
making skeletons work as a league starter is...not difficult

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Dunkelbrau posted:

This got lost, but I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have a decent guide they like for lacerate, detailed enough for a very dumb person like me to understand? I've been reading over https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247655 for the bow version.

I can show you what a hardcore viable bleed lacerate gladiator should look like in pob, but there's no guide since it's all just homebrew stuff that I run on instinct after the better part of a decade playing this dumb game. https://pastebin.com/dkjHkC6s is the end state. This isn't gonna be enough detail if you're looking for the long version, but some notes on getting there:

-path toward resolute technique, picking up all bleed nodes and as much life as you need to feel comfortable. there's no perfect/specific order here, you just want to hit RT before your accuracy starts to really suck.
-fill out a balance of block, life, and axe damage passives over time. pretty flexible, just shore up whatever feels most lacking
-don't take crimson dance until you have a 5l (for multistrike), a decent axe, and gratuitous violence.
-80s+, start dumping excess axe and/or life passives in favor of cluster jewels as you can acquire them
-gems: chance to bleed support until you're at 100% without it. priority as you get more links is brutality>melee phys>deadly ailments>multistrike>fortify. Swap fortify for deadly ailments in hc.
-ascendancy: gratuitous violence then versatile combatant. even in hc it's worth getting the massive damage and clear speed boost first
-jewels: life and bleed duration are by far the most important mods, past that just get stats, resists, damage over time, whatever.
-cluster jewels: pob example has a nearly perfect mix. any combination of the mods shown will do fine
-axe: the only strictly necessary gear. run a jack or some random pdps rare until you get an ilvl 83 elder axe. crafting basically revolves around throwing corroded fossils, regals, annulments at the base until you get the bleed mod and two open prefixes, then multimod. cull suffix is gravy but will take a lot more investment to hit.
-gear: whatever you can wear that'll give you life, resists, armor. the pob example is way beyond what you need to succeed, but it's a good final setup to aim for

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

True, but can’t jump gaps. Summoners are already socket-starved.

You need Fortify from somewhere and Shield Charge or Vigilant Strike don't bridge gaps either.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aren’t the new steel skills ranged melee

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

whypick1 posted:

"This league" = Heist or Harvest? Harvest is "none of it for now, will figure out what to bring back in the near future".

The coming league. If anything I’m wondering if a league drop reshuffling is coming in the near future, because I can’t see how heist being the only source for alt quality gems AND alternate uniques AND a new batch of item bases AND whatever else they’ve got in enchants can hold up once heists are no longer the season focus. Like how cluster jewels ended up with max sockets once Delirium ended, but without such a straightforward fix.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Wuxi posted:

You need Fortify from somewhere and Shield Charge or Vigilant Strike don't bridge gaps either.

I’d probably use Vigilant Strike + Flame Dash tbh.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wuxi posted:

Soulrend and ED. Contagion isn't needed, Soulrend already has insane clear

Hmm good to know, might do this.

Then again, might do fireball spellslinger, might do mines, might do ball lightning scion, might do...

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Awesome! posted:

making skeletons work as a league starter is...not difficult

not just skeletons, chaos conversion skeletons with fundamentally different scaling (as noted earlier, levels = more base damage usually)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, admittedly, there are some caveats there. You can already get Unholy Might and Withered on skelebois, via the passive tree + cluster jewels. Making them do triple damage is nuts but also it means you have to scale their physical damage without Brutality so they can benefit from the extra Chaos, which complicates their damage output.

Does that weapon just give that that much more DPS on top of what they already have? Or is it replacing some hidden "default weapon" like the sword they're shown holding?

Also to scale them you can just give them full Chaos triad grip and then the withered is a 90% more multiplier once it ramps up on a boss.

Wuxi posted:

Whirling Blades

Hell even Spectral Throw or Lightning Strike counts if you don't wanna get near anything.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Lightning Knight posted:

Also it has no other minion damage modifiers and precludes you from using a trigger weapon unless you use a scepter in the off hand.

After doing some math it isn't really that good. I didn't think about the skellies doing less base damage now. A SW does around 1000dps but this sword only does 250dps. With the buffs not including wither you are only doing like 990dps.

Kind of neat still.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Grimoire posted:

not just skeletons, chaos conversion skeletons with fundamentally different scaling (as noted earlier, levels = more base damage usually)

skeletons work on a 3 link. i dont think it really matters what else you add on top

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zero VGS posted:

Does that weapon just give that that much more DPS on top of what they already have? Or is it replacing some hidden "default weapon" like the sword they're shown holding?

Also to scale them you can just give them full Chaos triad grip and then the withered is a 90% more multiplier once it ramps up on a boss.

I don’t know! That’s a great question.

Also full white socket Triad Grips are not cheap for most players and also Triad Grips are poo poo gloves outside of the conversion effect.

After doing some math it isn't really that good. I didn't think about the skellies doing less base damage now. A SW does around 1000dps but this sword only does 250dps. With the buffs not including wither you are only doing like 990dps.

Kind of neat still.

rip

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Kind of neat still.

You can do stuff like corrupt resolute technique on it too. Not sure how much accuracy skeles need but it's an option

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

iirc minions got a bunch of base accuracy added awhile ago so they cap with like 1 accuracy node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am pretty sure the sword replaces the default skeletons attack, which means they no longer scale with level, however when adding raw damage to them they not only gain the triple damage scaling but the sword should give them a much higher attack speed, as much as double. That means raw damage actually has 6x the value when added to this as it does regular SW. Need to borrow Zero's Aura bot with 6 or 9 vengeful commanders and both anger and wrath.