Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

only place that will book him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Kirios posted:

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kirios posted:

haha

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You think at some point in his life Teddy Hart would have realized that being Teddy Hart isn't working out great for him and try something else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kirios posted:

Holy gently caress :xd:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Had an interview with a Hart company here in Calgary, but it was for a company he started so I said no.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kirios posted:

:vince:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ed Anus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ellsworth

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

Five star

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cavauro posted:

Ellsworth

Just something about that name, I guess

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Disgracing the good name of Deadwood Ellsworth smdh

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Kirios posted:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I took a break from SA for months and haven't watched wrestling in over a year so coming back to this stuff has been crazy rough. I'm like at page 40 of this thread so far and every other person named and explained is like a punch in the gut, but honestly I was already kind of separating from wrestling before that for the general scumminess of the business even outside of the sex assault and rape so I don't really feel like I have a need to come back to it in the meantime

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

One thing that really sucks about this very specific time we're in is that there are going to be no crowds to try and voice their concerns or hold companies accountable. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who skate by in larger companies for whatever reason, and I feel like it's going to be easier for them to do so without a live crowd shouting them down each week. With WWE especially, I can see this being a real "win" in their minds because they can just keep their heads down and hope that this moment passes without them having to really act at all.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too cynical and everyone will do what's right.

This post was from the 22nd of June.

It's mid September now and a bunch of these fucks are still employeed so yeah

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

Imagine being a total monster piece of poo poo outside the ring and then making your entire gimmick revolve around people touching your dick. I mean the guy was basically hiding in plain sight for years.

I know guys like Joey Ryan. The way he talks to women in videos when it's just them and him I believe that he really does think he's on their level and cares about them and because he supposedly "means well" he has easier access to loving them. He'd probably say he relates more to women and just gets them like he doesn't get men.

It's super common poo poo in music scenes like I used to be apart of. The straight cis guy who has the soul of a woman and just goes around with the belief that women get that and that's why he's so accessible and open. Most of these people are not serial killers, they don't view themselves as the bad guys at all and are usually legit shocked when it's pointed out their actions are monstrous. It's a ridiculously huge failure in the business specifically and still in worldwide society as a whole

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1306333697571000320

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Get em Bix

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Post that on reddit so I can see some of my favorite posters defend Riddle still, bix.

But yeah, Riddle is dead to me. Stay in WWE bro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Make sure to bump the podcast thread when Dave still defends Riddle for it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the second this would've seen the inside of a court room, Riddle went running.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Make sure to bump the podcast thread when Dave still defends Riddle for it

How has Dave been about this whole thing? I'm still like three months behind timeline wise

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is Riddle still using that Saul Goodman-wannabe rent-a-lawyer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aesop Poprock posted:

How has Dave been about this whole thing? I'm still like three months behind timeline wise

There's a reason wrestling journalism never highlighted stories of abuse until now

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Benne posted:

Is Riddle still using that Saul Goodman-wannabe rent-a-lawyer

He wishes he had somebody half as good as Saul Goodman

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

There's a reason wrestling journalism never highlighted stories of abuse until now

So basically burn it all to the ground is not a bad opinion to hold

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Real loving bad.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Rarity posted:

I wouldn't put that just on Meltzer, the whole me too movement showed that it was the whole media landscape that didn't take a lot of this stuff seriously.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A rare nice feeling moment in all of this though obviously coming about for the worst reasons.

https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1306408910211948545

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

allison lovelady should get into pro wrestling with a name like that, wowie

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

deadkiller615 posted:

I wouldn't put that just on Meltzer, the whole me too movement showed that it was the whole media landscape that didn't take a lot of this stuff seriously.

Meltzer is continuing to claim that only like 20% 55-60% of the accusations are credible, though. I forget the exact number and I blocked Meltzer for it so I don't want to unblock him to check.

Thanks to MRT for the correction.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 17, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

Meltzer is continuing to claim that only like 20% of the accusations are credible, though. I forget the exact number and I blocked Meltzer for it so I don't want to unblock him to check.

His tweet was that in wrestling it is 55 or 60% of claims.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Posted the correction, thanks.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

His tweet was that in wrestling it is 55 or 60% of claims.
But he was basing it on the 1992 WWF scandals where the numbers didn't track with that estimate.

Also, in the interest of transparency, even if I don't think it really changes the totality of the story much at all:
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1306370488172773376
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1306371491873857537

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/danlaw74/status/1306618955327565824

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gently caress Matt Riddle

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

gently caress Matt Riddle

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Putting in "@SuperKingofBros" and then linking a very serious document is just something else.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Huntman posted:

Putting in "@SuperKingofBros" and then linking a very serious document is just something else.

it really is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

On the surface this seems like an impossible case for him to win. What a dumbass.