Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Bloopin' Goops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So why are Undine and Zoe in the same class anyway, isn't Zoe a lot younger and has also only been going to this school for a few weeks?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenebrais posted:

So why are Undine and Zoe in the same class anyway, isn't Zoe a lot younger and has also only been going to this school for a few weeks?

Tough to say! My assumption would be “Undine has been a magical girl longer but that doesn’t mean she’s actually older and inconsistencies in when you get the dream means you get weirdness like that”

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
She wasn't joking. :allears:

I see the plan now. Pursue all of HP's anxieties until HP transfers out of school to live in the sewers and never comes out again. Then take advantage of the sudden market surplus of protein powder to become rich and fund Tessa getting a loving therapist already.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tenebrais posted:

It's a high school. At least in America there are plenty of classes where it is not unusual to see kids from different years all in the same class.

I also don't think Zoe is a ton younger. She's just a lot newer to being a magical girl.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Zoe could also just be a tiny girl. Tiny girls exist.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Doesn't Tessa mention that the Magical Girl school doesn't divide up by grade, and that's why she's ahead of the normal schools?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Panel five, though. :allears:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 5, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Malpais Legate posted:

Doesn't Tessa mention that the Magical Girl school doesn't divide up by grade, and that's why she's ahead of the normal schools?

She just mentioned it was more advanced, I assumed like AP classes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That one would be perfect, if I had money and the forum did not belong to a wife-beater.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Cat Mattress posted:

That one would be perfect, if I had money and the forum did not belong to a wife-beater.

If you want to make a donation to RAINN or a similar charity it could be yours without a penny going to Lowtax!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

How Wonderful! posted:

If you want to make a donation to RAINN or a similar charity it could be yours without a penny going to Lowtax!

How wonderful!

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-12

Yeah, Mysterious Ring of Action Effects-chan is the worst. But enough about her, I want to know about HER. I bet her poo poo is rad.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Love the combined sense of relief and impending doom on Undine's part.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cassidy has just not finished loading yet.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
The yawning girl in the back is a nice touch. Even a later school start doesn't always help teenagers who're staying up so late!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I love that Undine is learning from her various social blow ups. It's pretty unfair that each instance of typical high school drama ends with dead teens, but still.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

need the bonus page at the end to be a super cut of cassidy staring daggers at undine wondering what her deal is just coming to school like nothing's wrong

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Glasses girl has me wondering if there are magical girls out there who got the dream but didn't realize it since they looked the same.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I mean as far as we can Tell Gwen didn't even get theme colors (yes that was a comunication issue with the first artist but whatevs).

Though waking up with a magical brand would still raise questions.

"Did you get a tattoo?"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

TheHan posted:

Glasses girl has me wondering if there are magical girls out there who got the dream but didn't realize it since they looked the same.
Look, black hair was considered super exotic in Digital Devil Saga.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

TheHan posted:

Pretty sure that's Snoozy.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Snoozy Sue of Team Banshee

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Nah I mean the glasses girl in the second to last panel with the black line eyes and regular chestnut colored hair. But I did forget she could have a super obvious brand that isn't like, a beach ball...or the full moon.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-13

Seeing Harley without Bud feels even weirder than Bud without Harley

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They're such a couple, even if they're not actually a couple.

I mean, they might be? Bud touches Harley at pretty much any opportunity she gets, that's pretty affectionate.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Bud is ace; that doesn't mean they aren't a couple, of course, just that the parameters might be a little different.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Bud is ace; that doesn't mean they aren't a couple, of course, just that the parameters might be a little different.

Is this word of God, or did I miss something?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah. I don't think it's come up in the comic, but Bud's ace.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

One year she was drawing characters during LGBT month with their associated flags in the background. Can't find them now though.

Other reveals I can remember, Lime is pan. Zoe was revealed as trans before the comic spelled it out... Can't remember anything else

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1008230215506628608?s=19

Found one by chance, can't scroll that far back on her timeline to find the others

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 15, 2020

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Twibbit posted:

Found one by chance, can't scroll that far back on her timeline to find the others

Even with search magic, these are the only other ones I found.

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1008152830056763393

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1005804609443680256

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/969729653593247745

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 16, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The SD discord runs a sort of loot box gacha game thing in one of its channels, the cards for which are based on those. Here they are:

(Undine isn't on there because this was before they kissed, and Mary doesn't like pulling a Rowling on her characters)

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Calling deku asexual is bi erasure of the highest order.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Asexual but panromantic <3

All Might is bi though! I mean, that was a mistranslation and the actual text doesn't say that, but gently caress you no takebacks.

I swear there's a neighboring universe that keeps bleeding into this one, where MHA is pride as gently caress. We almost get there sometimes. It's beyond agonizing.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Jeeze I can't believe I didn't notice the joke in Junetag Appliances before now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

This shoe is dropping.

Also...

Lettuce

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Time to solve a mystery, gang

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
They're gonna set up one of those corkboards with the red string, but they're all pointing to pictures of the purple goop girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Ragnar34 posted:

I swear there's a neighboring universe that keeps bleeding into this one, where MHA is pride as gently caress. We almost get there sometimes. It's beyond agonizing.

MHA has canonically trans characters in it, which is pretty good as far as manga/anime goes. Hell, I can't, offhand, think of any other even vaguely mainstream piece of media that has sympathetic trans characters in it.

Of course, Sleepless Domain is over here with Tessa the Token Straight.