Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

remember when alex rossi had a great outing in the herta/andretti car, so they swapped marco into it and rossi into marco's old car, where he kept doing great while marco kept sucking red raw anus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Marco's trash, but the appeal to sponsors of him being Mario's grandson could very well be worth more to the team than would adding another competent driver.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/AJFoytRacing/status/1305906795240714241

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm happy he's got a drive but I'm sad he's got a drive with Foyt.

e: Guessing they gave Dalton the boot considering the car number?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm happy he's got a drive but I'm sad he's got a drive with Foyt.

e: Guessing they gave Dalton the boot considering the car number?

running 3 cars

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cygni posted:

running 3 cars

For this race, but next year?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IOwnCalculus posted:

For this race, but next year?

I guess they said 2 for sure with three a possibility. Both the extra cars would need to bring money, and if were gonna bring money to a team to add a car why would you bring it to Foyt and not literally any other team, so I guess we will see.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Nashville is pre-official

https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1306027040131358720

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cygni posted:

I guess they said 2 for sure with three a possibility. Both the extra cars would need to bring money, and if were gonna bring money to a team to add a car why would you bring it to Foyt and not literally any other team, so I guess we will see.

I'm assuming Foyt still has enough name / draw on his own that the checks required to buy one of those rides might be smaller than the sponsor bucks needed for, say, Veach's seat or a third RLL car.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I really am surprised that Bourdais was never picked up by Ganassi.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1306261580364087298?s=21

that’s a thing

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

thats the coolest track i have ever seen

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
heres what itll look like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiDdK5vXcAQZWzu?format=jpg&name=medium

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Roughly 2.1 miles, about the same length and general feel as Long Beach to me with the big straights connected by fiddly bits but uh... hope to god they have the time to widen some of these roads.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Big Dipper GP

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Have there been any other courses that crossed water?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Singapore street circuit for F1 crosses a fairly short drawbridge. They have to temporarily pave over the joints before race weekends

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shyduck posted:

Singapore street circuit for F1 crosses a fairly short drawbridge. They have to temporarily pave over the joints before race weekends

I think the straight following that section is partially over water too but it’s a bigger road. Anderson Bridge to a hard left and Esplanade.

Also the former F1 Valencia street circuit went over a bridge that had to be prepped too if memory serves.

Now let’s just see how bad the complaints are that the IndyCar is interrupting a bunch of unrelated bachelorette parties that didn’t check the calendar :toot:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Belle Isle

ok its about 100 feet

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Synthetic Hermit posted:

NOLA

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Cygni posted:

Roughly 2.1 miles, about the same length and general feel as Long Beach to me with the big straights connected by fiddly bits but uh... hope to god they have the time to widen some of these roads.

Yeah, that seems like it'll be the difference between some scrappy IndyCar racing and something that teeters between being a parade and a big mess. Could be a really cool race to add to the calendar if they get it figured out.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I am guessing with Roger Penske at the helm this has significantly more chance of happening than Boston did?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

shyduck posted:

Which Champ Car race was it where they turned the train/tram lines into jumps. I know there is San Jose in 2005, but I swear there was one that was way worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIOxPjPF5A

Edit: I think it was def San Jose I was thinking of.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 18, 2020

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

baltimore 2011 and 2012 had constant issues with the track crossings. paved over one set and put a chicane before the second set... then they got rid of the chicane in 2012 cause the drivers asked, then the drivers complained that they were gonna break their back, then they put the chicane back in

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I forgot about Baltimore, I actually liked that track.

Also they started the 2011 race with one of the safety trucks still on the track.... you can see it flying off into the safe area as the cars just come around the corner.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There was a bridge in the Wellington NZ Street Circuit but I'm not sure if that was over water.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The old IMSA Columbus street circuit went over the Scioto River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZhI6wzsnqo

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Spectators allowed at the Harvest GP, limited to 10k per day. I'm actually surprised they're allowing that.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Custard Undies posted:

Which Champ Car race was it where they turned the train/tram lines into jumps. I know there is San Jose in 2005, but I swear there was one that was way worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfgtcQbRAMw

Baltimore needed A LOT of work to get it driveable. The layout was good (except maybe the chicane before the pits) and the location was perfect, but the track surface wasn't prepared well and obviously there were the maladies with chicanes and race control.

I hope Nashville can stick around. I want to see another legacy street circuit in the series.

WindyMan fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 18, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/1308798060068302855

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oof for Veach but given the total lack of results, not surprising.

I really do think that fuckup at Gateway was the last nail in that coffin.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zach Veach of course is ahead of Marco in the championship.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Dudley posted:

Zach Veach of course is ahead of Marco in the championship.

marco doesnt jump starts and cause wrecks

at least in a while

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Yes, that's why Marco Andretti is still employed at Andretti Autosport.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

dev null posted:

Yes, that's why Marco Andretti is still employed at Andretti Autosport.

hey thats indy p1 award winner marco andretti

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/ArrowMcLarenSP/status/1309229028495114240

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

drat, I hope he's alright. Askew hasn't done nearly as well as O'Ward this year, and this seems suspicious what with the Veach announcement and all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Given Veach seems to have been prised away from his sponsor, I can't see Team "Totally McLaren you guys" Schmidt being interested.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wasn't mentioned here but it's Hinchcliffe in the Andretti car now vacated by Veach for the remainder of the season (final three rounds).

Hrm.

It's weird that Veach isn't just bounced but bounced now -- you would've thought the money would have kept him in the seat at least until the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Dudley posted:

Given Veach seems to have been prised away from his sponsor, I can't see Team "Totally McLaren you guys" Schmidt being interested.

I was thinking more along the lines of Helio auditioning for Askew's seat next weekend, given Askew's performances and place in the standings. It's not quite the same as Veach getting the boot, though he and Askew aren't that far apart in the points. I'd just hate to see Askew get cut like that.