Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

President Beep posted:

wait what? are they remaking that or something? is nothing new???‽!!!

demon's souls remake is coming to pc but no one was supposed to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i do like that the ps5 disc drive is clearly a tumor growing off the actual design, as it should be

imagine distributing digital content on plastic discs in 2020. lmao. do you also shower in bottled water

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m extremely hesitant to buy digital games for a system that will be outdated every 5-8 years and will require being pulled out of the closet in order to play old good games on

I used to collect retro games and it was awesome when I was a bachelor and could have all my systems under my tv and have an switch that let me toss 4 systems per tv input, but now those systems are two year old bait and the cables are a combination of strangling hazard and yoinking the tv off the wall hazard so I can’t really go back and play super Mario sunshine or whatever without a lot of effort

that being said I’m pretty sure none of my TVs have rca connections and I would imagine scaling with something other than that $400 Japanese scaler will make all my games look like poo poo unless I keep a 200lb 30 year old Panasonic on hand

will the PS5 read PS1 and PS2 discs or will I have to rebuy them from some garbage Sony Store for $1 a pop

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I played Cuphead a while ago and it was really good. After I finished I looked around at other run-and-gun games, but I really just wanted more Cuphead so I decided to go through NG+. Then I finished that and I wanted more so I decided to go for perfect scores on every level. Now I'm done with that and I still need more Cuphead so I'm sitting here hand editing MSIL to hack in new game modes for myself and it's working and it's great.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

donut county is real good but don't pay full price cause it's maybe two hours

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I used to collect retro games and it was awesome when I was a bachelor and could have all my systems under my tv and have an switch that let me toss 4 systems per tv input,

i used to have a big weird retro game collection and all it did was take up space so i poasted it on samart and people went nuts for it. i think ultimately i got "ripped off" but i got way more than i thought and there was no way i was gonna part all that out

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

i used to have a big weird retro game collection and all it did was take up space so i poasted it on samart and people went nuts for it. i think ultimately i got "ripped off" but i got way more than i thought and there was no way i was gonna part all that out

yeah I sold some boxed duplicates I had and duplicate systems and a couple of other things and I suddenly had $1500 to buy a new computer with

I didn’t realise they were so insanely valuable until I went to sell them. I always just picked stuff up at like Salvation Army and garage sales

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

donut county is real good but don't pay full price cause it's maybe two hours

instead, skip donut county and just get katamari damacy, since that’s what it will make you want to play anyway

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

instead, skip donut county and just get katamari damacy, since that’s what it will make you want to play anyway

no you should actually play donut county cause it's a fun story and the characters are cute

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

no you should actually play donut county cause it's a fun story and the characters are cute

yeah and go read the schtroumpfs

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
I have work to get done but what if I played Titanfall 2... (checks watch) for the next two hours

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

that would rule because titanfall 2 rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m extremely hesitant to buy digital games for a system that will be outdated every 5-8 years and will require being pulled out of the closet in order to play old good games on

I used to collect retro games and it was awesome when I was a bachelor and could have all my systems under my tv and have an switch that let me toss 4 systems per tv input, but now those systems are two year old bait and the cables are a combination of strangling hazard and yoinking the tv off the wall hazard so I can’t really go back and play super Mario sunshine or whatever without a lot of effort

that being said I’m pretty sure none of my TVs have rca connections and I would imagine scaling with something other than that $400 Japanese scaler will make all my games look like poo poo unless I keep a 200lb 30 year old Panasonic on hand

will the PS5 read PS1 and PS2 discs or will I have to rebuy them from some garbage Sony Store for $1 a pop

i'd imagine for sony it will be like steam or xbox where you buy the game and you can play it on all ur devices for all games from the last generation and onward cause its all PCs.

nintendo has the dual problems of completely different and incompatible hardware for every console release and then being the worst at online services

with xbox specifically they're gonna be going hard on xbox game pass over the next few years probably ending up with game streaming as the final form of the xbox brand.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
real question: what’s the best console for a seven year old?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

probably a switch just because the parental controls are really good and the titles are largely guaranteed to be kid friendly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shaggar posted:

i'd imagine for sony it will be like steam or xbox where you buy the game and you can play it on all ur devices for all games from the last generation and onward cause its all PCs.

nintendo has the dual problems of completely different and incompatible hardware for every console release and then being the worst at online services

with xbox specifically they're gonna be going hard on xbox game pass over the next few years probably ending up with game streaming as the final form of the xbox brand.

yeah Nintendo is awful about it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you browse yahoo japan a lil bit and read up on the size of its continuing userbase you will come to a realization about japanese peeps attitude towards the internet and be able to make predictions about when nintendos online poo poo will stop sucking

the answer is never, it will never stop sucking

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

if you browse yahoo japan a lil bit and read up on the size of its continuing userbase you will come to a realization about japanese peeps attitude towards the internet and be able to make predictions about when nintendos online poo poo will stop sucking

lol good point

geocities is still popular there too iirc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

probably a switch just because the parental controls are really good and the titles are largely guaranteed to be kid friendly

pretty much what i was thinking too. bless.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

President Beep posted:

switch

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

maybe we could learn from them

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

maybe we could learn from them

On yahoo answers? Not likely

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

sega genesis with 2 games: sonic 2 and barkley shut up and jam

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you forgot about streets of rage 2

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

you forgot about streets of rage 2

i did not

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

realtalk get them a switch (bonus: sonic and streets of rage at least are on it)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

i did not

then you are a SCOUNDREL

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the good thing about the switch is the almost non-existent internet communication

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah if your kid has a switch instead of an xbox the time before he i called an n-word f-word c-word is greatly extended, perhaps for as long as a month

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

at least in my experience the only game that you really interact with others much in on the Switch is overwatch or that paint shoot game and I’m pretty sure neither allow you to type words in it and I’d be surprised if either have voice comms

my kids are going to hate having a nerd for a dad who is going to have their technology locked down tighter than ft knox

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

at least in my experience the only game that you really interact with others much in on the Switch is overwatch or that paint shoot game and I’m pretty sure neither allow you to type words in it and I’d be surprised if either have voice comms

my kids are going to hate having a nerd for a dad who is going to have their technology locked down tighter than ft knox

I think Fortnite has voice chat and that seems like it would be a mess.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tk posted:

I think Fortnite has voice chat and that seems like it would be a mess.

Jesus yeah it would be

I gave fortnite a go when it first came out and then what sounded like a 10 year old squeeked at me for either killing them or leaving them to die and I uninstalled shortly after. I can’t imagine what it’s like now that it’s a certified Children’s Game

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i happened upon a fortnight stream a little while back and i can not fathom being able to pretend to care about the middle school drama of your viewers

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

that paint shooty game lets you draw pictures and display them on the internet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
so they took down the trailer saying demons souls is available on pc and all they've said is "exclusive to playstation" but i'm guessing that's a timed exclusive

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

tk posted:

I played Cuphead a while ago and it was really good. After I finished I looked around at other run-and-gun games, but I really just wanted more Cuphead so I decided to go through NG+. Then I finished that and I wanted more so I decided to go for perfect scores on every level. Now I'm done with that and I still need more Cuphead so I'm sitting here hand editing MSIL to hack in new game modes for myself and it's working and it's great.

if you like cuphead you should play metal slug. just make sure you get the good ports (i remember some ports drop fps or have missing animation frames).

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

<CONTROL> Hey MOLD-1 how about you

ffffuuucckkk ooofffff

Christ I'm too old for this bullshit. I thought Daimon the end-boss at Bitterblack Isle chafed my balls but he was a pussycat compared to this giant dipshit half life tentacle on steroids.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

<CONTROL> Hey MOLD-1 how about you

ffffuuucckkk ooofffff

Christ I'm too old for this bullshit. I thought Daimon the end-boss at Bitterblack Isle chafed my balls but he was a pussycat compared to this giant dipshit half life tentacle on steroids.
when I played I cheesed the gently caress out of the fight by hiding behind the box on the right side of the arena from where you start, can’t get hit over there. that boss is some BS

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i’m just surprised the digital ps5 is actually cheaper by some not-insignificant amount. easy decision for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

wait what? are they remaking that or something? is nothing new???‽!!!

ordinarily i'd think 2009 is a bit recent to start remaking stuff but demon's souls has a lot of cool weird online poo poo that doesn't work anymore because the servers got shutdown, and a fair bit of annoying weird gameplay poo poo that could be improved upon. i'm stoked for this remake and the $400 digital ps5 is making me reconsider the ps4 slim i was going to buy this year