Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh snap, I missed that.

Snow castle here we come!

Just in case I’m wrong don’t get too excited, but here’s the bit where it pans back and shows archstones. There’s definitely no broken one in the trailer, but they might have just cleverly avoided showing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What I'm saying is that inflation is not a cause, it's an excuse

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Very excited about Final Fantasy 16 going back to its fantasy setting roots. I was getting tired of its modern-dayish/fantasy setting.

Odds are this one will still have airships or something vaguely tech/fantasy, that's how FF does. But its not like all of them have been sci-fi consistently. 12 and 14 are both pretty fantasy, versus 13 and 15 that have cars. So that's like, 50/50 of the last 4 releases.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

Idk, seems weird that it happened in two games. I think Sony saw a lot of reactions along the lines of 'oh gently caress the two best games are coming to PC, I don't need to get a PS5', and have decided to rapidly reverse the messaging until next year.

i mean one game said it was running on a pc. the other had a title card that said it would be on other consoles as well as pc and yet everyone is now going "the other console bit was wrong but the pc bit wasnt" when it would be either both or neither if that was really the mess up. i think its just the wrong title card.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

14 are both pretty fantasy, versus 13 and 15 that have cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfGgqAL2a4E

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That's what I was saying about the fantasy ones still having airships.

Also in 14 its specifically fantasy VS technology, although your boy Cid is as always an engineer guy so he helps you use the enemy's magitek against them :v:

Anyways point is FF games aren't really fantasy or sci-fi but almost all of them are both. The ones that are almost entirely one or the other are more rare, don't you think? The first few and 9 were straight fantasy, and 7 was pretty heavy sci-fi, but otherwise... they all have a pretty heavy mix.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Odds are this one will still have airships or something vaguely tech/fantasy, that's how FF does. But its not like all of them have been sci-fi consistently. 12 and 14 are both pretty fantasy, versus 13 and 15 that have cars. So that's like, 50/50 of the last 4 releases.

The settings of Final Fantasy V, VI, XII, and XIV are what I like the most, yeah. This looks to be more like Final Fantasy V or XIV. Airships own. I would be really happy if we can control an airship manually again in a Final Fantasy.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Just in case I’m wrong don’t get too excited, but here’s the bit where it pans back and shows archstones. There’s definitely no broken one in the trailer, but they might have just cleverly avoided showing it.

It will be broken but when you try to use it it will open the PS Store where you can buy a Land of the Giants Season Pass for $30

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
actually ff4 is closest to verne-esque sci fi given how travel to the underground and the moon is possible but 'hard' science factors of those environments don't apply.

the defeat of a Martian Fighting Machine by the ironclad ship Thunderchild is echoed numerous times in the series, beginning with the [subscribe now to read the rest of the article]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The settings of Final Fantasy V, VI, XII, and XIV are what I like the most, yeah. This looks to be more like Final Fantasy V or XIV. Airships own. I would be really happy if we can control an airship manually again in a Final Fantasy.

Yeah this setting reminds me of like XII, or .. oh, or Tactics, which is also pretty straight fantasy. (But they have guns still :shrug:) Love me some war of the lion.

The dialogue about like "you swore your sword to our banner!", and having blood-soaked knights talking around a campfire, that's some straight Game of Thrones stuff. Thrones as a JRPG sounds fun as hell. (With a little Attack on Titan mixed in?)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Final Fantasy Tactics remake would be awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

More overwrought Jacobean monologues please, this legitimately owns

https://twitter.com/dreamboum/status/1230918150465761280?lang=en

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I want the biggest, fanciest fantasy if it is to be the final fantasy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FFXIV is pretty good for this.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

all FFs have some scifi-ish elements. the very first one has you go into a high tech flying fortress with a rare enemy encounter called Warmech that'll gently caress your day up

it also has a time loop plot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the defining characteristic of final fantasy isn't whether its fantasy or scifi, but rather new age mysticism. its a series thats full of animism and observance of magic crystals. that's why, unfortunately, final fantasy 13 will always be The Most Final Fantasy, because as bad as the game is it is also the most new agey

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the new strat of aggressively denying the pc release until the pc release is real obnoxious

They have to

Now more than ever with cross play becoming more common, it's increasingly apparent that the console differences are meaningless, so all that matters is games that the other guy doesn't have

Without console exclusives, there'd still be a use case for The Console, generic, given the subsidized price point for a powerful piece of hardware, but otherwise?

What difference does it make which platform I buy FF16 or CoDXXXVII or Destiny 2.1 on?

For me personally it'll just be "it runs faster and looks better on my pc and I can literally play it with any input method"

That's not the case for everyone, but without the month/year/permanent exclusives, I'd really have no reason to even get a PS5 this gen.

I'm still not sure I'll bother with an Xbox, the One was a waste of money.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Harry Potter game's marketing seems to be trying very hard to distance itself from The Author, which makes me wanna be a fly on the wall at WBi's offices over the last couple days.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the xbox has literally 0 titles not coming to pc and i dont understand why they even bother anymore

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

The Harry Potter game's marketing seems to be trying very hard to distance itself from The Author, which makes me wanna be a fly on the wall at WBi's offices over the last couple days.

The idea of her getting even more obscenely wealthy from this game sickens me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So xbox is gonna get very destroyed now right

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Stux posted:

the xbox has literally 0 titles not coming to pc and i dont understand why they even bother anymore

its very strange, i can't understand it either

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

The idea of her getting even more obscenely wealthy from this game sickens me.

Yeah, I imagine this game is going to sell tens of millions of copies too because it's literally the dream Harry Potter RPG from what has been shown and talked about so far.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think Microsoft is betting that not everyone wants to deal with PC stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

They are probably correct to be honest. I suspect the Xbox Series X will still sell very well. I am going to be pre-ordering the new Xbox Series X controller next week instead.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

hatty posted:

As someone who deals with PC and Linux stuff at work all the time, having to do that when I'm not working too could not be less appealing. Consoles are pretty much designed for someone like me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

So xbox is gonna get very destroyed now right

Absolutely barring something insane like Elden Ring is a launch title exclusive

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Barudak posted:

Absolutely barring something insane like Elden Ring is a launch title exclusive

Now announcing Blinx The Timesweeper 3: Apocalypse Meow, only on the X Box Series X!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gamestop's website got so bombarded with PS5 preorder traffic that it tripped their DDOS prevention

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1306389356832325638?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

People buying from gamestop in 2020 smh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I missed the PS5 event, how's it looking?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I really wish I could justify buying a 3070 but I’ve already spent $1600 on pc gaming this month

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I always have to remind myself the three games I spent the most time on this year are a mapgame, a decade-old MMO, and a point and click indie game, maybe I don't need new hardware Right Here Right Now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I missed the PS5 event, how's it looking?

Sony realized they need something like gamepass and have actual launch games and offering the discless for 400 so pretty good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I always have to remind myself the three games I spent the most time on this year are a mapgame, a decade-old MMO, and a point and click indie game, maybe I don't need new hardware Right Here Right Now

Yeah I spend all day tweaking VR performance and then I sit down and play PS1 games on a CRT :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well the good news is that by the time I decide whether or not I want to buy a PS5 just so that I can play Demon's Souls this year all the preorders will be sold out so that's cool

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
was this the most blase reveal of a final fantasy ever?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay, I beat Langrisser I. I got the good ending and uhhhhh I don't really think I'm gonna go do all the alternate endings. The game was neat, but super easy and only like ten hours long. The game's story is pretty mega-bland so I'm not really interested in spending another 5~ hours just speedrunning the rest of the routes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Barudak posted:

Sony realized they need something like gamepass and have actual launch games and offering the discless for 400 so pretty good

Discless for 400 seems like a bad deal long term, since you won't be able to get cheap used games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ray-disc-drive/

Everything is also on ps4 except maybe that astrobot pack in game