Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Joey Janela/Sonny Kiss vs. Chris Jericho/Jake Hager, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Nyla Rose vs. Tay Conti, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Brodie Lee vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Dynamite, 09/09

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

TVMOTY: jurassic express/lucha brothers

Stop trying to summon HulkaMatt as an angry God to smite this thread :colbert:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

MOTYC: Brodie vs Dustin AEW 9/9/20

I was just super into this match. And that finish sequence with the 2 superkicks into the lariat was awesome

Also HM for Lucha Bros vs Jurassic express

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

[b]HM: Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express, AEW Dynamite, 09/09
HM: Joey Janela/Sonny Kiss vs. Chris Jericho/Jake Hager, AEW Dynamite, 09/09

I'm going to second these

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Stop trying to summon HulkaMatt as an angry God to smite this thread :colbert:

I can nominate a vgcw match if you'd like

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
HM: Brodie Lee vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Dynamite, 09/09

Now that's good poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kazuchika Okada/SHO/Toru Yano vs. Hirooki Goto/Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW New Japan Road, 11/09

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO) New Japan Road 11.09

It was a MOTYC whenever Ishii and SHO were in the ring together and decent otherwise, so I'll split it down the middle and go with a HM.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada/SHO/Toru Yano vs. Hirooki Goto/Tomohiro Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI, NJPW New Japan Road, 11/09

same

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rarity posted:

Nth very good match

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) New Japan Road 11.09

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) New Japan Road 11.09

2nd

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It'll be interesting which day of the G1 New Japan eclipses AEW's MOTYC total for the year.

And also nth on these

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and SHO) New Japan Road 11.09

Cerebral Bore posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hearing reports that Shingo/Ishii managed to get declared MOTYC 46 times

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. Takuya Nomura - BJW Last Buntai ~ Goodbye Yokohama Buntai (8/30)

It was very nice of BJW to invite Suzuki to the send off at an arena that has been very special to him. There's definitely potential here for a truly great match between these two. As it stands it's a very nice 10 minute match that serves as a great Minoru Suzuki showcase if you ever want to introduce him to people without showing a 30 minute match. Glad I chose to watch this with my breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc6IP8a0m0M

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 12, 2020

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Rarity posted:

Nth.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Agreed

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. Takuya Nomura - BJW Last Buntai ~ Goodbye Yokohama Buntai (8/30)

n

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HM: WARHORSE v Joey Janella - Warrior Wrestling: Stadium Series - 9/12/20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

HM: Yunamon vs Chris Brookes, Gatoh Move/ChocoPro #47 - 9/12

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

2nd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I still can’t believe the trios titles are good now

Can’t nominate the Jr Tag match because my mom called as I was watching it and I was too lazy to pause or rewind lol

Neodoomium posted:

:yeah:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Neodoomium posted:

Nth! And then later, during that same day in Japan:

HM: Madeleine vs Sareee, DIANA 09/13/2020

This was (I think) my first time watching a Sareee match and I absolutely understand the hype now - just a vicious affair in a ring that looked and sounded like it hungered for human sacrifice. Made me an instant fan of both of these women (and also DIANA in general).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Neodoomium posted:

Nth, this was a delight! Chris Brookes is such a great comedy bully, and he really gets Gatoh Move.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the KING OF FREEDOM Championship in a BEAUTIFUL MURDER Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (8/31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3Km6U8llw

Another great title defence from Toru Sugiura who is really challenging Takeda for the title of best deathmatch wrestler in the world. Jun Kasai is up there in terms of wrestlers who just have absolutely unbelievable charisma and presence. As always you shouldn't watch Sugiura matches if you're really squeamish about mouth stuff.

HM: Mammoth Sasaki & Violento Jack (c) vs. Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita for the KING OF FREEDOM Tag Championship - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (8/31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORRS18vbRHY

Rina's transition into deathmatch wrestler these past two years has been fantastic to watch, and although this was largely a comedy match she came out looking great. Her and Fujita work really well together as a team and him inviting her to join UNCHAIN at the end of the match hopefully means they'll be tagging together regularly. Sasaki and Jack did their job well as big bullies.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 14, 2020

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Storm Gate 2020 at Korakeun Hall, 9/9

HM: Ultimo Dragon, Don Fujii & Shuji Kondo vs. Kento Kobune, Taketo Kamei, & Madoka Kikuta

An admirable little addition to the "Old Men Beat Up Young Boys" genre of Puro. The hope spots for the youngsters here was fantastic as was Kondo's complete disdain for them in the finishing stretch.

2nding this. Fujii vs the class of 2020 has been the second best feud of the year (after Ishida/Okuda). Kondo and Fujii pummeling the kids was just too awesome. Kamei takes a hell of a beating and Kikuta really had a hell of a performance here. Those two are definitely my "boys" of this current crop of rookies (previous boys being Ishida, Yamamura :negative: and Yoshioka of the previous classes).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th September
All Japan Pro Wrestling Champion Carnival Night 3
Shotaro Ashino vs Kento Miyahara

Tournament badly needed this match. There'd been a couple decent matches to this point but this rose above that to be very fun. Still have heavy reservations about Ishikawa as a booker though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th September
Jake Lee vs Suwama

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

extradite THIS! posted:

This most definitely won’t be for everyone so I’ll just HM but in a just world it is actually the match of the century with two of the premier comedy wrestlers in the world

HM: Antonio Honda vs Lulu Pencil, ChocoPro #43 (8/28)

Certainly one of the most uniquely absurd matches I’ve ever seen. A large part of it consists of what could charitably be described as singing and dancing duels plus some truly evil comedy heel moves from Honda. Incredible, couldn’t stop laughing all the way through.

Nthing this, one of the funniest matches I’ve ever seen.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
MOTYC: Megabyte Ronnie vs. Brian Cage

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

MOTYC: Megabyte Ronnie vs. Brian Cage

2nd. No brainer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe just me, but:

HM: Peter Avalon vs. Brandon Cutler, AEW Dark 9/15
HM: Dark Order (Stu Grayson and Evil Uno, John Silver, and Alex Reynolds) vs. The Gunn Club (Billy and Austin Gunn) and Private Party

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

HM: Dark Order (Stu Grayson and Evil Uno, John Silver, and Alex Reynolds) vs. The Gunn Club (Billy and Austin Gunn) and Private Party

Real talk I’ll 2nd the Dark Order match. I was super engaged. The bumping felt great and Reynolds and Silver hit some star-studded moves. I thought everybody looked sharp but they really shined in particular and if I were a casual fan, I would want to know more about them because of the talent shown.

Really was a rock solid match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

HM
15th September
Shotaro Ashino vs Kento Miyahara

Tournament badly needed this match. There'd been a couple decent matches to this point but this rose above that to be very fun. Still have heavy reservations about Ishikawa as a booker though

forkboy84 posted:

HM
15th September
Jake Lee vs Suwama

2nd to both of these.

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

nth to these too.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

This was a pair of really good matches. Big Nth.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

:yeah:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pylons posted:

Maybe just me, but:

N

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the KING OF FREEDOM Championship in a BEAUTIFUL MURDER Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (8/31)

N I only know Kasai by reputation but he seems like my kind of hilarious rear end in a top hat. Pretty boy is pretty good too. I am far behind the state-of-the-art wrt deathmatch wrestling so some of the plunder they pulled out got some hearty lols from me. The perfect blend of ridiculous and ultraviolent

Also as somebody only keeps up with AEW it was nice to see a hot crowd :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
HM: AEW Dynamite 9/16: FTR vs. Jurassic Express