Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/gregrmiller995/status/1295439346875727873?s=19

This dude is a dril tweet made flesh. There's probably something with reporting on his timeline because he is pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Just a suggestion and if it's voted down then so be it but I like this thread for harmless idiots not potential murderous incels. Seeing poo poo like that just makes me disgusted and scared not laugh.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Eat My Fuc posted:

Just a suggestion and if it's voted down then so be it but I like this thread for harmless idiots not potential murderous incels. Seeing poo poo like that just makes me disgusted and scared not laugh.

no you're right.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This poo poo happens in this thread all the time stop posting psycho poo poo and post funny dummies

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Not to be the posting police or anything but drat

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Honestly there are enough incel bastards in wrestling fandom that a coordinated effort to report them would be fine but I think it would belong in a different thread.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The problem is that (generally) one post is a funny dummy but it's only when you go back into their timeline does it become clear that they're a real problem. IMO I think there's a place for it in this thread as long as people do their part and report harmful tweets.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The first tweet posted by that guy was not funny in any way

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I can only speak for myself but I like it better when the tweets are stupid idiots and not future court case evidence.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The problem is that (generally) one post is a funny dummy but it's only when you go back into their timeline does it become clear that they're a real problem. IMO I think there's a place for it in this thread as long as people do their part and report harmful tweets.

And yeah, I agree with this. If the linked tweet is dumb but other tweets are legit bad I don't think it's fair to expect anyone to vet that before posting. Like that's a goofy high bar. But the linked tweet has to be funny and not just creepy.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I like this thread for harmless idiots not potential murderous incels. Seeing poo poo like that just makes me disgusted and scared not laugh.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah Im gonna say theres a point where they stop being a stupid idiot and start being an active danger and that dude is way past that point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Where's Mike Kurtz when you need him

mkurtz91
Jun 12, 2020

Former writer @ http://pwpnation.com. Wrestling fan since 1984. WWE investor. I love the business always have, always will. They pay me to be controversial.

Benne posted:

Where's Mike Kurtz when you need him

Living the dream friend.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I agree. The most we can do is report these people but they're all so dangerously online they'll just rereg with a new account if they get banned. That person is not a dril tweet come to life, they're flat out dangers to society and the people they're obsessed with.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkurtz91 posted:

Living the dream friend.

I literally laughed until I had a coughing fit I might need to go get tested.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think we need a palate cleanser. Anyone have the TNA Smash Mouth post?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

mkurtz91 posted:

Living the dream friend.

:woop:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mkurtz91 posted:

Living the dream friend.

eat my fuc

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
I've seen horrors...horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a WWE stan. You have a right to @ me. You have a right to do that...but you have no right to judge me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mkurtz91 posted:

Living the dream friend.

:worship:

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
From a reddit thread about Dave saying BF/PnP was a MOTY candidate:

Regularly putting on well regarded matches is sus now.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The vast Meltzer-wing conspiracy to put on good wrestling matches in the US.

Because of his Japan boner.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
It also wasn't even a cinematic match! And was the most universally praised U.S. match in quite a while!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JitteryComa posted:

Vincels: Y-you can’t just put on good weekly television matches every single week. There should only be 3 good and memorable matches per year!
Big Bicep Tony: haha MOTYCs go brrrrrrr

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that match had zero story impact despite paying off a feud that had its seeds planted nearly a year ago.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Why didn't the match change the business I ask, 16 hours later

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wreddit when Bray does a cinematic match: "cinematic matches can be MOTY"
when a non-WWE company does one: "they can't be, actually. by default."

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It wasn’t even a cinematic match! I also don’t want good matches on the wrestling program to which I allot two hours a week of my time to.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
"Only WWE can put on cinematic matches that have stakes, look good, and are highly rated! Let's see AEW wriggle out of THIS one!"

*AEW puts on a cinematic match (that isn't even cinematic), furthers storylines, and is widely acclaimed*

"Ah! Well, nevertheless,"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JitteryComa posted:

Did Dave even bother to review the Shiozaki Kenoh match that is one of the best matches of the year? Weird how he has a Japan-boner and yet watches very little outside of New Japan :thunk:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Did Dave even bother to review the Shiozaki Kenoh match that is one of the best matches of the year? Weird how he has a Japan-boner and yet watches very little outside of New Japan :thunk:

do you think wredditors know there are other wrestling promotions in japan

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair, there's plenty of stuff he watches but doesn't rate because less people care about it. I think CMLL is an example.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cosigning this correct opinion of my good friend EMF

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if Dave's ratings were entirely decided on what he likes I don't think he'd watch WWE anymore. He reviews the stuff that has the largest English speaking audiences.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It just kind of makes me sad to read someone express that you shouldn't have great matches on their regular wrestling shows. That's such a bizarre and sad standard to have. Even as just a bullshit tribalism criticism.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

It just kind of makes me sad to read someone express that you shouldn't have great matches on their regular wrestling shows. That's such a bizarre and sad standard to have. Even as just a bullshit tribalism criticism.

It’s so weird to me. Committing to a weekly two hour time slot, giving up an evening on a regular basis, is a big deal. I can’t imagine doing it for boring television.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

It’s so weird to me. Committing to a weekly two hour time slot, giving up an evening on a regular basis, is a big deal. I can’t imagine doing it for boring television.

absolutely. Why would I, a viewer, want to watch boring television; and why would a performer, even one who “saves their best” for the pay-per-view, not want to impress and entice television viewers? How the heck else do you make new fans?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also Dave is consistently more generous to WWE than many of his biggest critics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

Also Dave is consistently more generous to WWE than many of his biggest critics
I think he's even mentioned before that he rates WWE higher/in a bubble because if he didn't most matches wouldn't clear 3 stars