Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Remember Dune 2000 with William Hu- oh never mind he dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MikeJF posted:

Last person 'with' is a super-important credit. I'm actually surprised he got that, I would've thought it'd be Oscar Isaac or Bardem.

EDIT: Oh, Rampling, Momoa and Bardem all got joint Last Billing.

'With' is usually a name actor, but in a smaller, but important part.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

2 N C

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tunic.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Spice World 2

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Friends, I’ve been holding out on you. I bought these Sunday.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The_Doctor posted:

Friends, I’ve been holding out on you. I bought these Sunday.

Please tell me you get to colour in Sting's cod piece.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Remember Dune 2000 with William Hu- oh never mind he dead.

Mistah Hurt... He dead?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cacator posted:

You’re in luck!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
D D E U X E

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I have the Cut-out Activity book, it’s incredible. Never done the activities and I don’t let my children touch it. Someone give me too much money for it plz

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Deuce

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Duec

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

now I kinda want an evil nephew

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

You’re in luck!

Feyd won't let you pass on the escalator.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 16, 2020

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Jesus christ marie it's spice

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Cacator posted:

Mistah Hurt... He dead?

nah but his name was the only one on the cover and he dies like 10% of the way into the miniseries

also I swear to god I remember him being the only person on the cover and it was called dune 2000 but I can only seem to find the video game with that title, some mandela effect poo poo.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

nah but his name was the only one on the cover and he dies like 10% of the way into the miniseries

also I swear to god I remember him being the only person on the cover and it was called dune 2000 but I can only seem to find the video game with that title, some mandela effect poo poo.

This?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/heymedley/status/1305362005147168768

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Ugh I'm coming to terms that this movie won't be very profitable and that we're not getting a sequel because of this damned plague

Sucks balls, man :(

At least more people are picking up the book, apparently

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Ingmar terdman posted:

Jesus christ marie it's spice

lol

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
cursed movie

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
In Messiah, the Tleilax gave Paul a dwarf as a gift. At the end of the book he offers to produce Chiana ghola's if Paul abdicates. Was that literally his only purpose, to hang out around court making Yogi Bera quotes and then make that offer at the appropriate time?

Whoops this was supposed to be for the GBS thread.

Gaj fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 16, 2020

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Roman Reigns posted:

Ugh I'm coming to terms that this movie won't be very profitable and that we're not getting a sequel because of this damned plague

Sucks balls, man :(

At least more people are picking up the book, apparently

I assumed that might've happened because Villeneuve makes slow, beautiful movies that lovely general audiences don't respond to. After BR2049, I was shocked they let him make this.

Though even the most obtuse studio execs have to realize that *nothing* is going to do well in theaters amidst a pandemic, right? Like, "Luke Skywalker Joins the Avengers" wouldn't earn poo poo when most of the country is terrified of dying in a movie theater. If studios aren't grading success on a curve in the current environment, it goes beyond "cutthroat capitalism" to "run by a poorly-programmed AI."

"Release D2NE or we start a Butlerian Jihad against Warner Bros," is what I'm saying.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Xealot posted:

I assumed that might've happened because Villeneuve makes slow, beautiful movies that lovely general audiences don't respond to. After BR2049, I was shocked they let him make this.

That was my initial fear but I'm seeing a lot of buzz after the trailer dropped. Moreso than with Blade Runner 2049 and, say, Alita: Battle Angel. Having a cast of big name actors is helping a lot, I think.

But yeah...after Tenet is getting killed, it's hard to stay optimistic about Dune's potential success.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
If WB takes their head out of their rear end and does a digital release along side the theatrical one for their movies, they can probably make some money of of Dune, but I don't think that will happen.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

They need to actively not rely on theaters and put it out on VOD stuff. Tenet failing is squarely on that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They're banking on 2020 being a better place in three months with the energy of a mark losing three card monte for six hours straight

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m trying to rule the planet but I’m dunccie thicc

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

he better come with a globe

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Xealot posted:

This makes me sad because it is 100% my jam. A four hour cut of 2049 that also somehow manages to excise all of awkward Jared Leto's scenes would be amazing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

If WB takes their head out of their rear end and does a digital release along side the theatrical one for their movies, they can probably make some money of of Dune, but I don't think that will happen.
The only reason this didn't happen with Tenet is because Nolan has the clout and "muh vision" to prevent it. Not sure if the same will apply to Dune.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Hakkesshu posted:

Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty

Dune II: Battle for Arrakis

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I’m trying to rule the planet but I’m dunccie thicc

This is maybe 25% of the size the baron should be. I'm glad they're not going to manslaughter Stellan Skarsgaard for the role, but still.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Bug Squash posted:

This is maybe 25% of the size the baron should be. I'm glad they're not going to manslaughter Stellan Skarsgaard for the role, but still.

Well this one is "grossly and immensely fat" by 1960s standards

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

bawfuls posted:

The only reason this didn't happen with Tenet is because Nolan has the clout and "muh vision" to prevent it. Not sure if the same will apply to Dune.

Wonder what his next thing will be now Tenet died because of him. Like would he need to kill two movies in a row to actually lose clout or is this it? Not saying he'll never be able to make a $$$ movie again but WB can't possibly be happy about that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was Tenet even good?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Was Tenet even good?

Got middling reviews which makes it even dumber than they pushed it out instead of either sitting on it or putting it on VOD.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

Wonder what his next thing will be now Tenet died because of him. Like would he need to kill two movies in a row to actually lose clout or is this it? Not saying he'll never be able to make a $$$ movie again but WB can't possibly be happy about that.

That’s a bit silly. Nolan can’t be blamed for the pandemic, and WB and Nolan were presumably hand-in-hand in the release strategy. Nolan is a uniquely reliable and bankable talent. One critical /box office misfire isn’t going to affect his trajectory at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe WB are thinking long-term with Dune as a series with a cult following they can milk for years instead of a big box office.