Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mathil just did ice crash inquis

Harvest tho

We should probably just forget harvest builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That summary is fantastic

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

J posted:

Everybody go on reddit and twitch and yell really loud about assassin being super nerfed unplayable garbage so I can get a nice and cheap badge of the brotherhood for my assassin this league thank you all and god bless.

Blight is a Zana mod so Badge of the Brotherhood should be comparatively cheaper since there's a subset of people who like to blight nonstop.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Blazing Salvo doesn't have very high damage effectiveness but has a long cast time. It seems purpose made to be triggered.

Hexblast looks *really* good. As does Crackling Lance.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Well it's a little hard for me to understand right off the bat how good the curse stuff is, but the more mods that scale with Doom make me feel pretty good. Added flat damage should scale very well on Hexblast, and Impending Doom should help with clear. I do still want to know how these work with Profane Bloom.

And Elemental Penetration is just listed as a gem, so that's nice! It's 5% less than the individual pen gems at level 20.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hexblast removes hex when triggers so it would work badly with profame bloom unless your casts 2 curses on each target. Or maybe it works perfectly if they die right after damaging and before the hex is removed, I have no idea how they organize these events to happen.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I think I'll try to work in sigil of power with Akane's BL miner.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Hexblast removes hex when triggers so it would work badly with profame bloom unless your casts 2 curses on each target.

It removes the hex after damaging, so order of operations matters - does the removal or the bloom explosion occur first. Also you could probably use Vixen's to automate a second hex pretty easily but I'd rather not be locked into that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I take it your gonna take withering presence also? You could have a blashemy curse on you also so that triggers the profane bloom but it costs your 50% mana and full range and you would be diving in the groups. You would want the -20 chaos resist on them anyway.

Could run enfeeble and dispair as auras, and curse from a distance with temp chains.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 17, 2020

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
So did they not go through with the BL aoe nerf?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ball Lightning
Now has a base radius of 18 (from 22).
Now deals 3 to 48 lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 57), up to 22 to 426 lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 28 to 533).

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
The preview video for hexblast and impending doom had enemies exploding into purple, and they were wielding a staff, so it wasn't Obliteration. Profane Bloom should work.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Awesome! posted:

Ball Lightning
Now has a base radius of 18 (from 22).
Now deals 3 to 48 lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 57), up to 22 to 426 lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 28 to 533).

Yeah but it's not mentioned in this gem info. Maybe it's just because radius isn't a stat listed on gems

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Blazing Salvo is going to depend on how effectively you can overlap it which I think we already knew. Flamewall's burning effect being 1850 DPS and scaling off spell damage seems Very Good for Ignite builds, plus another 450 if they actually stand in the wall.

I'm really not sure how you scale Hexblast. It looks like only the detonation is AoE damage so it's just Spell or Chaos.

From my quick math Crackling Lance looks like it does about 3% more damage than Arc does for single target at max Intensity (vs. Arc with full chains remaining) but the numbers are otherwise similar.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

RPZip posted:

From my quick math Crackling Lance looks like it does about 3% more damage than Arc does for single target at max Intensity (vs. Arc with full chains remaining) but the numbers are otherwise similar.

The big thing you're missing there is the availability of +1 intensity stacks on the tree which is a huge amount more damage, even a +1 chain helm on Arc doesn't come close.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Arc is one of those gems that might be a big winner with alt quality tho as the current quality is often ignored.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

quote:

Shattering Steel
Deals 127.4% of Base Damage
113 to 169 added attack physical damage
Projectiles deal up to 100% more Damage with Hits and Ailments per Steel Shard consumed at the start of their movement

Add in point blank because why wouldn't you and this is almost 500% damage at peak. I guess it's going to boil down to what shard sustain looks like for single target but that's pretty monstrous on top of the flat phys and impale effect.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm guessing your can use the steel skills without shards, right? You just don't get their bonus without them.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hexblast seems strong but I'm not sure how one would go about skill tree wise.

Somehow I'm temped by Trickster Ignite Fireball build again after seeing firewall but I've been burnt badly by that skill with boss damage

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Cinara posted:

The big thing you're missing there is the availability of +1 intensity stacks on the tree which is a huge amount more damage, even a +1 chain helm on Arc doesn't come close.

True, that's 15% more which is nice. The question is though, how else do you scale it? Intensity doesn't play well with stuff like Spell Echo/GSE or Unleash, which similarly means that Crackling Lance doesn't play well with those mechanics - and thus doesn't play well with Archmage.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Pretty sure Flame Wall will basically solve that. Put one on the boss, and one in between you.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Tenzarin posted:

I'm guessing your can use the steel skills without shards, right? You just don't get their bonus without them.

Yeah. Each skill has specific limitations when you use them without a shard. Since call of steel is a secondary skill there's no gem and we still don't have all the info on it. The cooldown on it is going to be pretty critical for figuring out how feasible the steel skills are for boss fights.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
poo poo, Crackling Lance actually has decent numbers, really considering starting with it :science:

e: 2 sec cooldown on Discharge, huh? Wonder what the numbers are on that threshold jewel now.

e2: Crackling Lance totems...hm.

theshim fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 17, 2020

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yup gonna force lightning some dudes this league.

I really liked last league with SSF, gonna see if I can do it again this time around.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

theshim posted:

e2: Crackling Lance totems...hm.

Totems likely cannot can intensity stacks, they are blocked from using Intensify and Pinpoint so it would only make sense.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Options after the gem reveal:

CA/TR Pathfinder - Safe choice, haven't done a Pathfinder in ages and CA/TR in even longer
Hexblast Occultist - Shiny and new, probably gonna run this during the league regardless
Crackling Lance Archmage Scion - Probably character #2 if I don't start with it

I could go with any of these really. We'll see.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

quote:

Lancing Steel
Deals 85% of Base Damage
Fires 3 additional Projectiles
Fires 50% more Projectiles per Steel Shard consumed
Hits after the first on each Enemy deal 60% less Damage

This is basically the barrage of melee skills except way stronger. Assuming just one shard per attack on average, it comes out to 187% + 51% per extra projectile. That already beats barrage before accounting for the fact that it's auto-targeting, adds a ton of flat damage, and 20% impale effect. I can actually see this being a pretty big deal if someone can figure out how to make it clear decently.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Do we know what the default max doom is?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jinnigan posted:

Do we know what the default max doom is?

30, it was in the JSON information.

e:

quote:

Crackling Lance Archmage Scion - Probably character #2 if I don't start with it

This is pretty much what I'm planning on too, just not sure how to best make use of Intensify/Archmage combo (read: cheese the mana cost). Foreboding doesn't seem like it'd keep up with actually spamming the spell.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 17, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Call of steel doesn't look like it has a cooldown from their video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUcy3O7-f0A&t=95s

J
Jun 10, 2001

search engine posted:

This is basically the barrage of melee skills except way stronger. Assuming just one shard per attack on average, it comes out to 187% + 51% per extra projectile. That already beats barrage before accounting for the fact that it's auto-targeting, adds a ton of flat damage, and 20% impale effect. I can actually see this being a pretty big deal if someone can figure out how to make it clear decently.

You might just be able to run splitting steel or whichever one is best for clearing, then swap in lancing steel for bosses instead of trying to bend over backwards to make lancing steel have good clear.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Or two six-links. A lot of their recent design seems to push in that direction, which makes sense given the changes that PoE2 will bring to the gem system.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive set up a provisional non crit elementalist salvo build that I can transition to crit or use cluster jewels if I get some good ones. No idea if it'll work but thats what I like about league starting new spells!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Can they roll that part out a bit faster then? 6-linking is my least favorite part of any given season.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just wait until you need to do it 8 times.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Didn't see this posted

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

They've said that they roll out changes when they're ready - PoE2 is the new campaign and ascendancies, leading into the shared endgame, not a new game entirely. So it's possible that the gem changes will come in an earlier patch, though I think it's unlikely given their magnitude.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

hex rambling: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/iu922s/what_the_hex_even_more_investigations_on_hexblast/

my head hurts

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

pork never goes bad posted:

Or two six-links. A lot of their recent design seems to push in that direction, which makes sense given the changes that PoE2 will bring to the gem system.

Yeah that's a good point. There might be some options for a 2hand build to run lancing steel and something generic like bladestorm or cyclone while the shards recharge. A little bit tricky to scale both melee and projectile attack damage but it can probably be done. I do like the idea of cycloning around with a barrage of shards blasting everywhere. Pair it with uul-netol's embrace for bullet hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Vasudus posted:

Blazing Salvo doesn't have very high damage effectiveness but has a long cast time. It seems purpose made to be triggered.

Here me out with my shiny brain idea for a starter: CoC Deadeye salvo!

It will definitely work out very very well.