Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I managed to get a bundle through GameStop. I imagine there's no way to return the extra stuff because that'd kinda defeat the purpose of hogtying people to bundles, right?

qbert posted:

Ended up ordering the $750 disc bundle from GameStop which comes with a 2nd controller I won't use and an extra game I don't want, but it's otherwise fine.

If I can get a base version from Amazon whenever those pre-orders go up I'll just cancel it.

Oh, yeah, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Welp, I got a Target pre-order in, but I'm super paranoid they're going to cancel it ahead of time, so I also got a backup bundle at Gamestop that isn't too terrible. It has one game I don't want, but everything else in it is stuff that I do want. I can return th

But if Target keeps my order, I'll just cancel the bundle.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I managed to get a bundle through GameStop. I imagine there's no way to return the extra stuff because that'd kinda defeat the purpose of hogtying people to bundles, right?
Oh, yeah, this.

I don't know if they've changed their policy, but when I got my PS4 it came as a bundle. I was able to return the unwanted game for in-store credit, which I think I used to buy TLOU on PS3 at the time.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Chrs posted:

In 10 years you'll be able to pick up a PS5 for like $50

Reminds me how I purchased a PS3 last year for $80. I still remember my stupid rear end friends buying one for $600 at launch. They could have saved over $500 if they just waited like I did. Suckers. :smuggo:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Same. I grab it in person or I don't. :shrug:

I have never bought a console on launch from an online retailer and I don't plan on doing that this gen either. I'll pre-order local and pick up local or I'll wait.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I think if Bluepoint were going to try that, we'd know by now.

but what if :gerty:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eh, if I can't get one at Amazon I'll do what I usually do: Get one at Fred Meyer on launch day.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not giving Gamestop my loving money for a bullshit bundle. I'm just going to set up alerts and hunt for the next couple months

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

You've a heart of gold.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
About how long would it take Target to cancel the preorder, based on past performance?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gonna be just like the PS2 launch shortages imo, either:

you manage a preorder and will spend 2 months waiting and not knowing if you'll get one - OR -

you don't manage a preorder and will spend 2 months waiting and not knowing if you'll get one

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Absolutely 0% chance I receive this overpriced bundle from GameStop.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I'd rather order one from Amazon myself if/when it becomes available I would probably cancel my target order.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Amazon.de still has Disc PS5s in stock and is now shipping internationally - VAT gets deducted if you do so outside Eurozone, so the console ends up costing 431 Euros (507 USD) instead of 500 Euros.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08H93ZRK9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Got a target preorder. Fully expect it to be cancelled. If not, I'll finally have something to play fortnite on!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

What's exceedingly weird is Amazon doesn't have it available for preorder. Wondering if they didn't get the memo and are still going to put them up tomorrow.

Amazon U.K. emailed me at about half past midnight to say they’re going live from 9am tomorrow morning, so I guess Amazon US might follow suit for whatever time zone they usually pick for the states.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I've had exactly two preorder experiences go well in my lifetime.
  • For the PS4 I just went and preordered it on Amazon while at work. Months later it showed up at work on launch day. I was amazed. (Now I know the human cost).
  • For the Dreamcast I was 16 and drove one town over with my new drivers license, tore some slips of paper off what looked like desk calendars at Best Buy designating the console and games I wanted, and paid for them at the service counter. On launch day I drove out and picked them up after school. The fact that I could afford to pre-order consoles on launch day (thanks to my weekend job) and drive out and pick them up on launch day made my head spin.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Am I reading this correctly, the PS Plus Collection will be available to PS4 and PS5 owners alike?

I feel this is worded a bit ambiguously.

quote:

For PlayStation Plus members, we’ll have a special new offering on PS5 – the PlayStation Plus Collection**. PS5 owners with PS Plus will be able to download and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more. The PS Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PS Plus members receive for a single subscription price.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

After an hour of clicking i got to the payment page for Best Buy and then it auto-refreshed and now I’m back at square one, but now with a heart filled with hate and betrayal.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ham posted:

Amazon.de still has Disc PS5s in stock and is now shipping internationally - VAT gets deducted if you do so outside Eurozone, so the console ends up costing 431 Euros (507 USD) instead of 500 Euros.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08H93ZRK9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Cool I ordered one of these... excited for my weird German PS5

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mcbexx posted:

Am I reading this correctly, the PS Plus Collection will be available to PS4 and PS5 owners alike?

I mean, it's part of a PS+ subscription, which has never been separated by generation before.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

McCracAttack posted:

I've had exactly two preorder experiences go well in my lifetime.
  • For the PS4 I just went and preordered it on Amazon while at work. Months later it showed up at work on launch day. I was amazed. (Now I know the human cost).
  • For the Dreamcast I was 16 and drove one town over with my new drivers license, tore some slips of paper off what looked like desk calendars at Best Buy designating the console and games I wanted, and paid for them at the service counter. On launch day I drove out and picked them up after school. The fact that I could afford to pre-order consoles on launch day (thanks to my weekend job) and drive out and pick them up on launch day made my head spin.

I've never had a bad experience besides maybe a few days extra wait.

For the SNES I got my mom to drive me to WA from Vancouver before it was even available in Canada.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I get that order confirmation email from GameStop.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ham posted:

Jumped on this, the digital version cost me $455 US. Nice backup in case I can't get one from Amazon us

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

DC Murderverse posted:

After an hour of clicking i got to the payment page for Best Buy and then it auto-refreshed and now I’m back at square one, but now with a heart filled with hate and betrayal.

Say what you will about Amazon, but their website isn't immediately hosed whenever something popular has preorders going live.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

mcbexx posted:

When they say "added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits" they mean that PS5 subscribers will have access to:

- all the benefits currently available to PS+ subscribers, including monthly free games.
- an additional PlayStation Plus Collection that includes all those titles they showed - this does not have to be claimed in a specific month, but is something you always have access to if you're subscribed to PS+ and own a PS5.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Given that you're probably just claiming PS4 games in the storefront I dunno why you wouldn't be able to download and play them on PS4 also

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Walrus posted:

Walmart in Canada still has the disc edition. Figure it's worth it for a 4k bluray player and for used games obv

It has both, though the digital says "date will be provided during checkout" which means it's probably later.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-digital-edition/6000202198823
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-console/6000202198562

Bestbuy.ca sold out, and EBGames.ca is currently crashing to death.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

screamin and creamin posted:

Say what you will about Amazon, but their website isn't immediately hosed whenever something popular has preorders going live.

I think this is karma for how easily I got an Analogue Pocket.

Although I’m now making progress again so I still may get a win tonight.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I've never had a bad experience besides maybe a few days extra wait.

For the SNES I got my mom to drive me to WA from Vancouver before it was even available in Canada.

Oh you were THAT kid on the playground.

See, this is why I was so over the moon once I could drive and earn my own money. As a kid the answer to that stuff was always "No, ask for it for Christmas/your birthday." I still had a mountain of games as a kid so I did just fine, but buying stuff on launch day was like going to the moon. Yes it was possible and people had done it, but lol you'll never do it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mcbexx posted:

i read it as being a PS5 only perk, which would indeed be a lovely and pointless move imo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Aphrodite posted:

It has both, though the digital says "date will be provided during checkout" which means it's probably later.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-digital-edition/6000202198823
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playstation-5-console/6000202198562

Bestbuy.ca sold out, and EBGames.ca is currently crashing to death.

Yeah I pre-ordered for pickup at my local store and it's telling me arrival on the 17th.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

LionArcher posted:

Went back to Gamestop and got a pre order in. Have the receipt and everything which is nice. Worker mentioned that it's not official yet but looking like a PS4 Pro trade in towards a PS5 will be worth $200, so happy about the upgrade only costing me $300.

Holy poo poo, that'd be a pretty good deal if it becomes official.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Oh gently caress, my Gamestop order went through. Guess I'll cancel it if I can get it from Amazon.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

McCracAttack posted:

Oh you were THAT kid on the playground.

See, this is why I was so over the moon once I could drive and earn my own money. As a kid the answer to that stuff was always "No, ask for it for Christmas/your birthday." I still had a mountain of games as a kid so I did just fine, but buying stuff on launch day was like going to the moon. Yes it was possible and people had done it, but lol you'll never do it.

The first time I got something on launch day it was the DS and I worked my rear end off during the middle school magazine drive and got some cash reward that was just enough to get it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

you manage a preorder and will spend 2 months waiting and not knowing if you'll get one - OR -

you don't manage a preorder and will spend 2 months waiting and not knowing if you'll get one

There is almost zero chance it will be as scarce at the PS2. They have 10 million units planned by the end of the year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah I pre-ordered for pickup at my local store and it's telling me arrival on the 17th.

The only stores available for pickup when I preordered were in the GTA for some reason, so I just went for delivery. Still says the 16th for me.

I don't care if I miss launch day, as long as I have one that won't be canceled I'm good.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
:lol: I ordered from Gamestop and got a confirmation page, but no email and it isn't showing up in my orders profile.

Here's hoping my target order holds...

EDIT: Oh poo poo, it's actually showing now!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Was I just incredibly lucky not to experience either one of those for the PS2, three, or four? I just walked into all three of those without a pre-order.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was I just incredibly lucky not to experience either one of those for the PS2, three, or four? I just walked into all three of those without a pre-order.

The PS2 was an outlier where they did not expect high amount of demand because a lot of people wanted it as a DVD player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nuts and Gum posted:

It looks SO GOOD. I'm sure it just looks like generic souls nonsense if you never played it, but god drat seeing all those familiar stages again and hearing that theme song kick in got me so fuckin excited!

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel