Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol just remembered to switch off auto updates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
those never work anyway :colbert:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is the new update “take the phone to the apple store” bad or “ just toss it in a river “ bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
seems fine. things work so far. the ui isn't in my way

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

qirex posted:

I updated my work laptop to catalina like a month ago

I am extremely sorry for your loss. I’m sure that laptop was like a son to you.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im doing it now and dont care

gently caress a widget tho lol

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

this ios is the first ios i'm not installing the day it comes out. i was burnt too badly by the last one to want to test my luck again.

what are the new big features anyways, other than widgets? (a thing apple just removed from macos like 3 years ago)

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
seems fine

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

app folder

the next terrible iteration of the music app

messenger can pin convos now

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it’s a good update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

app folder

the next terrible iteration of the music app

messenger can pin convos now

music is better than the last iteration, so there's that

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
still not as good as ios 9 when the whole interface of the app would recolor by album artwork

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lysidas posted:

still not as good as ios 9 when the whole interface of the app would recolor by album artwork

yeah that, and big cover art on the lock screen are big losses to me

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just watched the event earlier today. thanks for not announcing an armbook Tim. wtf, I thought we were buds.

no way I’m touching that OS update on any platform until at least the 0.0.1 release. probably more like the 0.1.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

a lot of update cowards in here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
if the goddamn thing would show up on either of my phones I’d do it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's fine, but also, you're not missing anything

privacy bits are good though. shame they fear facebork and pulled the good stuff

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you phone is sitting there, waiting for an update, but you're not updating it beep, why is that?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

President Beep posted:

if the goddamn thing would show up on either of my phones I’d do it

you're holding it wrong

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

my stepdads beer posted:

a lot of update cowards in here

Catalina was a dumpster fire. iOS 13 was similarly a flaming turd. the betas of newos are not converging the bug count at a rate approaching stability.

poo poo is broken in the Apple process and they are not fixing it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have an iphone 7+, the cadillac of phones. the fact that tim didn’t put this model right at the front of the line or w/e is an outrage.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tim, it’s even the red one. you’ve really misstepped this time.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm trying to make the "slab" joke for "big old car" and what it literally means with respect to the + models of iphone being too big but I'm coming up short

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the iphone x was the DONK of iphones.

iphone 4 was the SLAB.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iPhone XS? put a DONK on it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm trying to make the "slab" joke for "big old car" and what it literally means with respect to the + models of iphone being too big but I'm coming up short

I think you are reaching for “sled”

It’s big enough to ride down a mountain. It even has the bit where it bends up in front

Not a lead sled in this case. A silicon sled? Doesn’t roll off the tongue

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

iOS is fine, hardly any different so I doubt there'll be many bugs compared to last time. the widgets suck, especially that battery one.

iPad update is good if you use the pencil a lot, I really like the text editing stuff you can do now

MacOS is the one to watch out for this year, it seems like a total clusterfuck still. won't be putting it anywhere near my work computer.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Raluek posted:

I think you are reaching for “sled”

no, "slab" is the word. nobody calls their old cutlass a sled, it's a slab

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've definitely heard cars called sleds much more than slabs.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’ve never heard anyone call a car a slab. sleds, yeah.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I guess you dont listen to southern hip hop 🤷‍♀️

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

not in utica, no. it's an albany expression.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

i've definitely heard cars called sleds much more than slabs.

it’s a houston thing, I think.

there’s a whole slab (slow loud and bangin) category at the yearly donk contest in austin.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

(slow loud and bangin)

dont sign my posts

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my itunes updated and the update to my iphone keeps failing, now trying an ota update and its going really slowly at preparing update, :rip: me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

its going really slowly at preparing update, :rip: me

that took ages on my iphone se (og), but it completed successfully

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i like the calendar and weather widget. reminds me of home (windows phone 7)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

seems fine. things work so far. the ui isn't in my way

ditto

Achmed Jones posted:

the only thing not coming up short is the + models

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Roy donk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Granite Octopus posted:

MacOS is the one to watch out for this year, it seems like a total clusterfuck still. won't be putting it anywhere near my work computer.

I put off upgrading my work macbook from 10.13.whatever to 10.15.6 until like... two weeks ago because I was finally forced to by a tool in our build pipeline.

it was p painless though tbf it was 15.6 not 15.0