Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

apparently the ability to adjust sensitivity has been wiped out for all controllers, it's a known issue but that's going to make it unplayable for a lot of people until a fix happens.

how does that make it through testing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

big nipples big life posted:

apparently the ability to adjust sensitivity has been wiped out for all controllers, it's a known issue but that's going to make it unplayable for a lot of people until a fix happens.

wat

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

the sensitivity dialog used to display adjustable curves, now it displays nothing.

my setting was at -75% to just not tail strike the drat thing every takeoff

on the upside, the autopilot on the 172 has become significantly less suicidal and can be let out of its cage

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

lmao jesus christ

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/patch-2-controls-sensitivity-settings-not-showing/273486/28

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Oceanbound posted:

Post-patch King Air AP is completely nonfunctional. You can no longer program any flight plan into it. The gently caress.

G1000 planes have weird issues with programming flight plans, too. Selecting and activating approaches randomly doesn't work. Also the Baron's avionics occasionally turn off on their own. Does Asobo have a QA department?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Welp, I see we’re back to random crashes mid-flight for no reason

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Theris posted:

G1000 planes have weird issues with programming flight plans, too. Selecting and activating approaches randomly doesn't work. Also the Baron's avionics occasionally turn off on their own. Does Asobo have a QA department?

I know trying to load in an approach or messing with flight plans gave me a CTD before so I've been afraid to try it since game launch --> in plane is about 10 minutes of loading, etc.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Theris posted:

Maybe they did what my former employer did and fired all the QAs after COVID started because “automated testing” and “devs have more free time with WFH so they can do it themselves.” lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hahaha they say they're fixing it "next update"???

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Google Butt posted:

If “next update” is a hotfix 3 hours from now maybe that’s ok

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Google Butt posted:

this is a wonderful opportunity for Asobo to throw away every bit of goodwill they currently have going their way

e: this patch also wipes your Community folder, incl all liveries lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Did travel to, and it froze in the loading screen.

Also the A320 still overcompensates at high sim rates still.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

E4C85D38 posted:

this is a wonderful opportunity for Asobo to throw away every bit of goodwill they currently have going their way

e: this patch also wipes your Community folder, incl all liveries lol

I thought so too, I had to restart after the patch and everything came back.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Glad to see Asobo is continuing the proud Microsoft tradition of finding new things to break every time they fix something completely unrelated.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Soy Division posted:

If “next update” is a hotfix 3 hours from now maybe that’s ok

They took two weeks to put out a fix for a handful of critical installer issues. Microsoft is incapable of releasing timely hotfixes.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
what the hell? i literally just finished flying JFK - ORD in the a320 flybywire mod after updating the client and it was about as smooth as possible. frames seemed more consistent and the new option to change glass cockpit refresh rates is so much better than even that custom config edit with no loss in screen response. Wind was properly there, no 3kt 225 degree nonsense this time.

Hell, the plane even engaged dual autopilots as I was going in for an ILS autoland procedure (CAT 3 on top and Dual below, with both of the AP lights on). I can't tell if that was because of the mod edits or because of something they did to the A320 systems but it was probably the smoothest landing I've made in game yet. The only problem I encountered was when I shut down the engines and turned off the battery, the end screen didn't register in my logbook that I completed a flight which is a little bit of a bummer.

Shipon fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 16, 2020

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Landing was a lot easier before wind was invented.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Steadiman posted:

After more than an hour I'm currently on 53gb downloaded out of 8.10gb so the update is going great here :ohdear:

8.10GB of update? I had 11.50GB reported as my total. That's kind of interesting.

It apparently downloaded fine, but I had switched computers and moved all my USB devices over while it was downloading. I don't think it liked that when I switched back because it hung up.

I'm guessing all the people not playing FS2020 here will get their thread back for awhile!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Request cruising altitude decrease seems to be messed up. I asked for 4000 lower (she said climb to 7900) and it asked for -1,000. So I tried 1,000 lower and it asked for 0. She denied me both times, thankfully! :facepalm:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Charles posted:

I live in a fairly affluent neighborhood in Seattle. We're about 15 statute miles from SeaTac airport, where a lot of the approaches turn to final.
Recently somebody was asking if we could do something about the airplane noise.

Like, what do you expect to happen? Have the planes teleport in? 🤪

This may be me mis-remembering but I had a friend who's family got money for soundproofing/dampening their house when the airport had to adjust flight paths. Like it was a settlement I believe brokered by the city with the airport(?) or something? But they got money to get new windows installed which I thought was nice.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

soggybagel posted:

This may be me mis-remembering but I had a friend who's family got money for soundproofing/dampening their house when the airport had to adjust flight paths. Like it was a settlement I believe brokered by the city with the airport(?) or something? But they got money to get new windows installed which I thought was nice.

Yes they did do that in SeaTac.

Also why the F does it unpause the game (I hit Esc) after a while by itself??

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I guess it's time for me to finally put together a Joystick Gremlin config for my xbox controller if I want curves

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

You can still edit your sensitivity settings by editing the config file for them: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/patch-2-controls-sensitivity-settings-not-showing/273486/29

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Google Butt posted:

gliders when

:smith::hf::sigh:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Does the update mess with sensitivity or control settings that were already configured?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Enos Cabell posted:

Does the update mess with sensitivity or control settings that were already configured?

it cleared mine to default, but it was doing that regularly before the patch too

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah, now my game crashes all the time and I got rid of all my mods just in case. Autopilot is something I didn't have a lot of trouble with before (using only FLC, HDG, NAV, VS, APPR, no VNAV or anything) but now using the same methods its completely hosed off.

I crash during loading, during flights, and autopilot is constantly trying to murder me by climbing at 6000fpm.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Enos Cabell posted:

Mine seem fine.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
Haha, beware, on every airplane I've tried, the autopilot will now (usually after around 15 minutes, and every 5-10 minutes after that) randomly disengage mid-flight and require a complete reboot of the avionics system to re-initialize.

ickna
May 19, 2004

320 is hilariously borked. AP in approach mode overflies glideslope intercepts at random. I just had the whole plane go dark and engines turn off on final approach with plenty of fuel and failures turned off. Panel lighting will turn off at random.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I haven't tried any AP stuff since the patch but I will say performance is significantly better for me on my CPU bound machine.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Yeah, there was a notable decrease in loading time and initialization using a i5 6500. I have the deluxe ultimate version and the patch size was 15 GB so it must be related to game versions.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
There must be some Principle of the Conservation of Functionality or something going on here. I took the TBM out on ye olde KMIA-KFLL 10R flight and approach mode caught the glide slope using RNAV for once! That's more than I could say before.

It also looked like the autopilot was following a smoother curve to the first waypoint in the approach. However, it didn't enter it tangential to the path to the next waypoint so it still had to overcorrect. I don't know if that's a normal thing or not.

Edit: Ahh I got the base weenie edition because I didn't really care about the specialty planes, saw some complaints about them just being broke, and y'all told me to use the TBM anyways, so there's my 11GB patch size.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hahaha having to fly a heading 45 degrees off to maintain course in hurricane winds is awesome

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm able to get a consistent 60 fps while flying low over the countryside now, when that was usually 40-45fps for me before. So that's cool at least. Keep the optimizations coming Asobo, and maybe VR won't be a pipe dream.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Turns out Seatac is the home of Otiisko Airlines and a major hub for A Duta Airlines :downs:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Does the rudder work on xbox pads without 3rd party apps yet?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life posted:

i skipped the last 5000 posts and saw this and felt right back at home, thanks thread lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

spaceblancmange posted:

Does the rudder work on xbox pads without 3rd party apps yet?

it's still sketchy but i've developed a no-app workaround based on another goon's post

if you hold one trigger or the other it will sort of seek your input position but will be jumpy.

"fix": hold both triggers a little bit, then pull your intended input farther (e.g. for right rudder, L trigger barely on at ~10%, R trigger at 50%). the sim seems to get the difference between the two smoothly as long as it's getting a signal from both triggers. i've been flying like this for a couple hours this evening and for me this seems to avoid the jumpy rudder problem.

i'm using an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+, but it shows up in steam/msfs as an xbox controller.