Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Once We Release The Web

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s almost impressive how brutally they gently caress Canadian fans

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

What is the “free tier” someone mentioned on the conference call?
I don't think they've elaborated on it yet, but I'd expect the content to have significant (if not complete) overlap with whatever's on the YouTube channel.

My other guess would be a subset of the on-demand library with lots of extra ad breaks and maybe a 30-day wait for newly-added content. But that still feels overly generous (and would really devalue the Network as a whole) IMO.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
They added the summer slam spectacular 1993 today. It’s a hype show for summer slam from a week before.

The last match is the Steiners vs money inc cage match. It’s really fun and I remember losing my mind watching it when I was a kid. Then they close out with macho man and men on a mission rapping about summerslam.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

It’s almost impressive how brutally they gently caress Canadian fans

The network has sucked in Canada since day 1.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
We might get the Watchlist back at this stage
https://twitter.com/WWE_Network_Bot/status/1162096413204987910

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

The American Dream posted:

They added the summer slam spectacular 1993 today. It’s a hype show for summer slam from a week before.

The last match is the Steiners vs money inc cage match.

Watch this match y’all, it’s drat good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Such an interesting documentary subject. Will be interesting to see what film they have the rights to and the talking heads.

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/1165375389050556417

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/1165387554822217728

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I could use some emotional comfort food, and, in my mind, that means Gorilla and Jesse. Does the Network have any Gorilla/Jesse shows outside the PPVs? Because I've watched them to death.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

TL posted:

I could use some emotional comfort food, and, in my mind, that means Gorilla and Jesse. Does the Network have any Gorilla/Jesse shows outside the PPVs? Because I've watched them to death.

Probably just random matches from the TV of the era (85-90), which right now is limited to Tuesday Night Titans and Prime Time Wrestling, which Gorilla mostly hosted the studio segments (Update, it looks like if there's PTW from 7/85 to 6/86, it's going to be Gorilla and Jesse on the studio segments). That said, I'm not sure they did much TV anyway, Jesse was normally with Vince on Superstars, and Gorilla had other partners on Wrestling Challenge and All American.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I gotta admit I can't really think of much if anything that Gorilla and Jesse did together, I always associate Gorilla with Bobby, and Jesse with Vince.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Rest in power, king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
This better lead to nbc making them dump every syndicated 80s and 90s show on the network. And finish up Saturday night.