Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

victrix posted:

Physical is good as an option because world internet bad

but lol@not just deleting poo poo and redownloading 100gb whenever you feel like playing some AAA game

This is how CoD works when it's installed though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive got 76mbit fibre which means downloading most stuff is feh to me and even giant games are a few hours att most. no caps . would love to have even faster but i live in "the sticks"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Having a cold storage 8tb external drive seems like a decent enough solution.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

victrix posted:

It's already sold out everywhere that offered it

it's sold out, but there was also a typo. sony is releasing playstations, 5.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can just imagine the video game in my brain and save money and hard drive space.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
My data cap has been re-activated after it was suspended during covid. So Im back to counting GBs like a loving jackass.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
So do I have to buy a PS5 I had to leave work and do something before the stream was done

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

So do I have to buy a PS5 I had to leave work and do something before the stream was done

Every game except demons souls comes out on PS4 and also all the preorders sold out already so you can safely wait.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hearthstone is doing a thing I guess where they’re releasing little mini story campaigns featuring your favourite Warcraft heroes retelling their Warcraft story. I played through the first one and was reminded how melodramatic it all is. Lots of unironic “Impossible! I. Am. Invincible!” and “For [homeland]!” and “I will have my revenge!”

Yeah Warcraft writing bad, preaching to choir here I know.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Overhealing the tanks

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This is a really dumb thing to say, but that's no surprise from the guy that asked why anyone would want backwards compatibility.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Every game except demons souls comes out on PS4 and also all the preorders sold out already so you can safely wait.

I had it in the cart for 3 stores and none of them worked

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the only consoles i usually have are nintnedo ones and its worth buying cartridges because you can sell them later for full price or maybe higher sometimes

my little bro texted me the other day asking if i remembered phantasy star online for the gamecube and I sent him a pic of it in the case. he couldnt find a copy anywhere and i looked it up and i could ask 80+ bucks for this thing I got free on christmas. im just gonna mail it to him tho but makes me wonder what these other oldie moldies are going for

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Is Demons Souls even a true exclusive or is it timed? Have we entered the true era of PC + Nintendo Box giving you access to everything yet??!?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Final Fantasy was such a rip-off of D&D that eventually D&D turned into Final Fantasy with Eberron.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Is Demons Souls even a true exclusive or is it timed? Have we entered the true era of PC + Nintendo Box giving you access to everything yet??!?

Sony actually owns the IP so don't count on a PC version at least within a year if that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everyone cares so much about back compat which is why the switch is a failure

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Stux posted:

everyone cares so much about back compat which is why the switch is a failure

Only Nintendo can resell you literally the same games at an inflated price, Sony gotta at least upres.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah and ill like it im going to play 3 mario games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

oh I preordered day one gimme that disney vault poo poo on my shelf nintendo

*surveys shelf of plastic clamshell VHSs* I think I saw an article once that this super rare copy of Little Mermaid with the penis on the cover sold for like $500 on ebay this and URMRGAY will put my kids through college.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Going by current trends it's probably getting a PS4 release too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

demons and r&c are ps5 only

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ometeotl posted:

This is a really dumb thing to say, but that's no surprise from the guy that asked why anyone would want backwards compatibility.
nintendo said the same thing about 3DS, stop believing executives

e: someone prepared that demons soul card, and the video had to have gone through a quality check with note passes, i do not think that it was some procedurally generated whoopsie. it's coming to PC at some point and they'll announce it when they want to

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

remember when the gba was the third pillar lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

maybe they had plans for the 3DS and then the ports of luigi's mansion and bowsers inside story sold so badly that they realized everyone had immediately thrown their 3DS in the trash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

nintendo said the same thing about 3DS, stop believing executives

e: someone prepared that demons soul card, and the video had to have gone through a quality check with note passes, i do not think that it was some procedurally generated whoopsie. it's coming to PC at some point and they'll announce it when they want to

It was the card for deathloop with the wrong logo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

oh i missed this, they literally said human error not some computer thing. and again if thats the case, if we are taking that title card as proof it will be on pc, then itll also be "on other consoles" because that was the other part of it. if it wasnt human error messing up the card and it was a leak then that part MUST also be true.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stux posted:

remember when the gba was the third pillar lmao

This was entirely to cover their asses in case people didn't like the DS but oops it's the second best selling console ever.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

This was entirely to cover their asses in case people didn't like the DS but oops it's the second best selling console ever.

Handheld consoles don't count.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Glad my incessant refreshing of webpages for a 3080 allowed me to get a PS5 preorder. At least I'll have something cool to look forward to in this hell year if I fail the GPU gauntlet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

someone sent me a scraped amazon link for digital ps5 5 mins before it went live in search results cause i whined like a baby on discord about getting locked out of checkouts all day

dont reward bitching is usually my motto but glad its no one elses tonight cause i got one and it entered search results soon after as sold out

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think this is the least enthused I've ever been for a new console generation and I cannot tell if this is caused by there generally being less to be enthused about each subsequent generation, me getting older and less excitable, or the fact that I have a PC that can Do Game and mostly everything is gonna go to the PC eventually so I don't care

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's also fewer new consoles than usual cause the switch came early

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ehhhh I’m just gonna wait for the PS6.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ps6 is the fake commercial one or was that a higher number?
They better make it look exactly like the orb in the commercial gdi

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

personally i was very excited for the ps4 and killzone shadows fall and knack

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think this is the least enthused I've ever been for a new console generation and I cannot tell if this is caused by there generally being less to be enthused about each subsequent generation, me getting older and less excitable, or the fact that I have a PC that can Do Game and mostly everything is gonna go to the PC eventually so I don't care

For me it's the fact that I have a really good PC right now, and that there are no exclusives on the PS5 coming out this year that I want. Once either Gran Turismo 7, Final Fantasy 16, or Horizon Zero Dawn 2 get a release date, I will buy a PlayStation 5. Until then I am just not interested. Even if I didn't have a good PC currently (RTX 2070) I would just end up waiting until tomorrow and pre-ordering a RTX 3070 instead.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps6 is the fake commercial one or was that a higher number?
They better make it look exactly like the orb in the commercial gdi

PS9

they've got a ways to go yet

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still not buying a console for demon's.

I guess the PS5 will have some stuff in like 2023 or something that makes it worth a buy for me

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just lol if you aren't forking over like 5 or 6 hundred dollars for the pleasure of getting scraping speared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hate the manta ray boss in mario sunshine, that thing is what kept me from ever beating the game more than once because I'd run into that stage and just keep dying over and over and not have any fun. I had trouble with the timed cleanup level too. I wish the trigger for getting to fight bowser was just a number of shines instead of being hidden behind completing the 7th shine of each stage.

Also wasn't a fan of the blue coin thing to be honest. Felt kinda lazy.