Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I know it's probably gonna be a Tokyo Game Show thing but Monster Hunter Switch would not only be awesome, it would also confirm DuskGolem's other poo poo probably (Silent Hill, RE4 Remake)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Fawf posted:

donkey kong 3 is fine and stanley the bugman should be in smash

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves DK3

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

Can you be more specific with what you don't like? I'm playing it for the first time and I think the hit boxes aren't great and the controls are a little floaty for me but the graphics are beautiful, there is a great attention to details, the levels are varied and generally interesting. I'm about half through and I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty, interesting, and that makes it fun.

Not to give you homework but just saying it sucks because people arent specific about why they like a thing is a boring take.

:thejoke:

it's ugly to the point of the visuals actively detracting from the platforming. it feels vague and sloppy, like I'm never quite sure where exactly my character is, horizontally but especially vertically with those godawful floors. it would literally be a better game if it was flat coloured rectangles for hitboxes, but then you'd be able to tell that the levels don't have very much going on with them beyond standard platforming obstacles. it's just got no hook, nothing about it grabs me. its USP is its graphics and those aged like warm milk, that somehow came out of the bottling plant already spoiled

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

DLC Inc posted:

I know it's probably gonna be a Tokyo Game Show thing but Monster Hunter Switch would not only be awesome, it would also confirm DuskGolem's other poo poo probably (Silent Hill, RE4 Remake)

I still have to question the idea of a RE4 Remake, when RE4 is still a game they are actively re-releasing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

well why not posted:

Have people started obsessively planning a 3D Allstars 2 with 3D Land and Galaxy 2 in it yet?

We don't need an All Stars 2 for Galaxy 2. It's already in this collection

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dabir posted:

it's ugly to the point of the visuals actively detracting from the platforming. it feels vague and sloppy, like I'm never quite sure where exactly my character is, horizontally but especially vertically with those godawful floors. it would literally be a better game if it was flat coloured rectangles for hitboxes, but then you'd be able to tell that the levels don't have very much going on with them beyond standard platforming obstacles. it's just got no hook, nothing about it grabs me. its USP is its graphics and those aged like warm milk, that somehow came out of the bottling plant already spoiled

Thanks for replying. I respectfully disagree and thats just fine. I can understand your point of view.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well my copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars arrived a day early, so that's my afternoon sorted :peanut:.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well my copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars arrived a day early, so that's my afternoon sorted :peanut:.

I'm mega jealous and I hate you. I got 26 more hours to wait. :(

Which game are you playing first?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

I was so distressed at the Sony show today when they had that one trailer near the end start in pitch black and have an air raid siren kick in, then it turned out to be loving Fortnite.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Where’d you order from? I’m hoping JB Hi-Fi will deliver mine today

(I also have a second copy on order at EB near me so I can go pick that up tomorrow if the JB copy doesn’t arrive, it’s all good)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
(Withdrew all my superannuation to blow on coke and strippers because these two copies of Mario are gonna be my retirement fund hell yeah)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Harlock posted:

Mario 64 is one of the best games of all time. If i could suffer through the DS version im sure the switch one is ok

I genuinely enjoyed the DS one and wish there was a way to play it with the Switch as well.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ahhh so jealous I still gotta wait an extra day, that’s what I get for buying digital

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nep-Nep posted:

If it's the same article I'm thinking of I knew many people when I was younger who used that article to justify toxic behavior because "getting under your opponent's skin is a valid tactic" :(

Oh god, how far did that article go? I agree with the concept of playing your best in tournaments, and not holding back there, but even tournaments punish bad manners. And outside of that, just do what's fun for you and your friends, and don't be a goddamn dick in any case.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Harlock posted:

Mario 64 is one of the best games of all time. If i could suffer through the DS version im sure the switch one is ok

It's weird that you'd state this, despite clearly never having played Tick Tock Clock.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kirios posted:

I'm mega jealous and I hate you. I got 26 more hours to wait. :(

Which game are you playing first?

Had to give it a wipe-down and wait a bit as mail, pandemic, etc, but I'm gonna start with Super Mario Galaxy. I've played SM64 a dozen times over for 120 Stars, and I've replayed Sunshine in recent years after finally buying a copy for myself (rented and beat as a kid), but I've only played through Super Mario Galaxy the once despite repeatedly intending to give it another go-round. I completely beat it for all 240 stars though.

Also a tidbit about Super Mario Galaxy; Back when it first came out on the Wii, I got my copy ordered from the UK. This was around the time Australia still got dicked around on release dates and pricing a whole lot more than we do now, so I got my copy of Super Mario Galaxy a full week before it came out in Australia. I was smug that entire week while playing that game :allears:.

Hedrigall posted:

Where’d you order from? I’m hoping JB Hi-Fi will deliver mine today

(I also have a second copy on order at EB near me so I can go pick that up tomorrow if the JB copy doesn’t arrive, it’s all good)

I got mine from EB Games. They're generally pretty speedy on new-release deliveries where I am.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Araxxor posted:

Oh god, how far did that article go? I agree with the concept of playing your best in tournaments, and not holding back there, but even tournaments punish bad manners. And outside of that, just do what's fun for you and your friends, and don't be a goddamn dick in any case.

No, the article is pretty reasonable and mundane. You guys made me look it up to see if I was misremembering stuff since I haven't checked his site in over a decade, but unless there's some old version that's been taken down I think this is just the regular weird projection you normally see whenever playing games competitively comes up.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They should make New Super Mario Bros All-Stars.

I mean, I wouldn’t buy it, but those NSMB games always sell a trillion copies

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Amazon hasn't even SHIPPED mine and they're still saying Friday by 8pm. It's not that I don't believe them, I'm just not sure what they're waiting for.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's weird that you'd state this, despite clearly never having played Tick Tock Clock.

The Clock is good, Rainbow Cruise is the real stinker despite the atmosphere.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Kevyn posted:

They should make New Super Mario Bros All-Stars.

I mean, I wouldn’t buy it, but those NSMB games always sell a trillion copies

Every NSMB title I've played feels soulless and empty. Like if a witch doctor brought your dead granddad back to life: he might be sitting there at the kitchen table eating breakfast with you, but you can't really enjoy his company because you know that he's a hollow shell with dark magic forcing him to pantomime eating and drinking.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’ll always appreciate NSMB for allowing me to make a horrible Mario Maker level where you have to wall jump on snake blocks.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uhhh that's not normal, your witch doctor ripped you off

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I got Ring Fit Adventure so it can help me lose weight and get it in better shape. Taking it easy so far but it feels fun. I am hoping they do more with the Ring Fit controller.

Then it dawned on me......they need a Ring Fit Mode in Mario Kart 9.

The build for it is simply to do.

Steering: Turn the ring left/right. Duh.

Accelerating: Have options for this. One would be to jog in place with an intensity level or even have an auto accelerate (squeezing the ring at the right time would trigger the start boost in this)

Breaking: Squeeze the ring (there will be a delay to not mess up the starting boost).

Hopping: Pull the ring.

Items: There will be two options. #1 is with the leg strap on, do a quick knee life to select/use the item. #2 would be to quickly bring the ring to a horizontal position to make it feel like you are 'throwing' it. Reversing it would shoot the items from the back of the kart.

This is just a rough draft of the idea but this would be a fun option to put in the game. Does it sound fun?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All of the worst Mario Maker levels in the random mode are NSMB style. I'm not sure why this is

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

All of the worst Mario Maker levels in the random mode are NSMB style. I'm not sure why this is
Because the 8 year old kids who are making them have only ever played NSMB-style Mario games.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

I got Ring Fit Adventure so it can help me lose weight and get it in better shape. Taking it easy so far but it feels fun. I am hoping they do more with the Ring Fit controller.

Then it dawned on me......they need a Ring Fit Mode in Mario Kart 9.

The build for it is simply to do.

Steering: Turn the ring left/right. Duh.

Accelerating: Have options for this. One would be to jog in place with an intensity level or even have an auto accelerate (squeezing the ring at the right time would trigger the start boost in this)

Breaking: Squeeze the ring (there will be a delay to not mess up the starting boost).

Hopping: Pull the ring.

Items: There will be two options. #1 is with the leg strap on, do a quick knee life to select/use the item. #2 would be to quickly bring the ring to a horizontal position to make it feel like you are 'throwing' it. Reversing it would shoot the items from the back of the kart.

This is just a rough draft of the idea but this would be a fun option to put in the game. Does it sound fun?

I’d find this completely insufferable, but if they make it an option for those who want it and let me keep my current controls, that’d be cool

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So my thought process for the play order on 3D All Stars is:

Galaxy 120 stars as Mario

Mario 64

Sunshine

Galaxy 120 stars as Luigi

Thoughts?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Kirios posted:

Mario 64

Sunshine

Thoughts?

Do you need our permission to play with your toy a certain way, or do you feel like you'll lose face if you play it in the wrong order?

I'm literally gonna play galaxy and then flip it on ebay

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kirios posted:

Mario 64

Sunshine

Thoughts?

This order is a good order. And as the, apparently, sole owner of a copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars in the thread at this time, I think that makes my word law for the next few hours all matters regarding this game :colbert:.

edit:

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Do you need our permission to play with your toy a certain way, or do you feel like you'll lose face if you play it in the wrong order?

Have this man flogged and imprisoned for disrespecting my authority :toughguy:.

(I kid, I kid, I just couldn't resist an easy joke.)

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 17, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario 64 - 83 stars
Super Mario Galaxy - 120 stars
----------8 months later----------
Super Mario Galaxy - 120 stars (L)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hey guys just a Quick PSA:-

Mr. Driller Drill Land should be a contender for 2020 Game of the Year

Thanks that will be all.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mr. Driller has the best credits music I've heard since Nier Automata

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm literally gonna play galaxy and then flip it on ebay

Relax bro, it's just to start a conversation to see what other folks are doing. However, you may end up making a profit if you flip it quickly enough.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I’d find this completely insufferable, but if they make it an option for those who want it and let me keep my current controls, that’d be cool

Of course. It's be insane to not have regular MK8 controls. Just to have a fun little option.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKAc3nYEatw

Let's at least agree that this song is dope af.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Waffle! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKAc3nYEatw

Let's at least agree that this song is dope af.

I don't even need to click the video for the song to start looping in my head

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Araxxor posted:

Sorry I did not mean to misrepresent what the article said, what I wrote in quotes was me quoting what someone said to me back then, not me quoting the article.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Hot take: the reason Galaxy 2 wasn't included was because the beginning assumes you somehow haven't played Galaxy 1, and even Nintendo thought that it would be silly to have that when they're in the same box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of Ring Fit, I really wish there was an option to install it to system or something so I don't need to deal with swapping it every time I want to do a work-out.