Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The only mainline FF games not on pc are I, II and VIIR which is a timed exclusive, so I would be extremely surprised if XVI wouldn't also be timed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :unsmigghh:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Yeah, we know from earlier console launches how this goes. It's all timed exclusives, and they're not allowed to admit that before the exclusivity period is over.

Hell, a considerable amount of the nextgen games will come on current gen too even if that isn't announced.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 17, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Bloodborne still isn't on PC, idk why Demon's Souls would be different. At the very least they're going to leave it exclusive for a few years (like HZD) to move those new consoles. We won't be seeing it for a long long time.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

No Wave posted:

Bloodborne still isn't on PC, idk why Demon's Souls would be different. At the very least they're going to leave it exclusive for a few years (like HZD) to move those new consoles. We won't be seeing it for a long long time.

Like yes, but also at the same time I'm curious how many consoles a Demon's Souls remake is going to move for Sony.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne which is now my least favorite modern From RPG. :negative:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Demon's Souls can be very smoothly emulated with RPCS3 these days, from what I've seen seen, so that's always an option at least.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I want to play Bloodborne but years of high end PC gaming has spoiled me, so the terrible frame pacing at 30fps would probably drive me insane :negative:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

repiv posted:

I want to play Bloodborne but years of high end PC gaming has spoiled me, so the terrible frame pacing at 30fps would probably drive me insane :negative:

it is pretty bad

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's 30 FPS when you're lucky.

The game has sections that feel like it's dropping into single digits.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Feels like every From game has its own version of Lag Town, really.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Surely this will be the year Bloodborne comes to PC.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Feels like every From game has its own version of Lag Town, really.

and every one has terrible frame pacing on consoles, even sekiro still has that problem

even when they reach 30fps they still look jittery because the pacing is wrong

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Turing Test

pentyne posted:

The computer is arguably good. All the people on the moon were exposed to an extremeophile organism that bonded to them and made them immortal. The organism basically attaches and endlessly repairs DNA forever. The consequences of allowing them to spread the organism back to earth would be a possible extinction level event.

Jeez, I didn't even remember that plot point. Like at all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Turing Test

Jeez, I didn't even remember that plot point. Like at all.

It's really the only notable thing about the game. The puzzles are all just kind of there, I never had a "I am a brilliant genius" moment when trying to solve anything it was just a matter of making the game mechanics work as intended for the relatively obvious solution.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I bought Sleeping Dogs in the previous sale on Fanatical and finally got around to playing it and it's great and an amazing deal for what it usually goes on sale for.

Through pure chance of physics this happened with one of the security camera missions:
https://i.imgur.com/04FMf0h.mp4

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The problems Horizon Zero Dawn had/has on PC would probably be nothing next to a Bloodborne port.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

From Software has some experience with making PC ports at this point and Dark Souls 3 & Sekiro ran very smoothly and without any issues. I can't really see a hypothetical port of Bloodborne doing that much worse.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Either way I expect an intrepid modder to fix it within 24 hours

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

From Software has some experience with making PC ports at this point and Dark Souls 3 & Sekiro ran very smoothly and without any issues. I can't really see a hypothetical port of Bloodborne doing that much worse.

DS3 and Sekiro were developed for PC though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

DS3 and Sekiro were developed for PC though.
I dunno if you can say that they were developed for PC so much as that they were developed multi-platform with PC being one of the intended platforms from the beginning. Still speaks of having gotten a handle of making that kind of thing good, though, wouldn't you say?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Sometimes when you find a game in your steam library that was removed from the store, there's a pretty good reason.

Being a wildly poor quality tech demo trying to pretend to be a game is certainly one of them. Anyone who owns Abducted for whatever reason can mark that one off as "never bother with"

I think 123 Slaughter Me Street was more of a game.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 17, 2020

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I've reached El Oscuro in Rise of the Triad (2013), playing on Normal. His first form was simple and I didn't die once, but the second phase of the battle is a little annoying because some times I just outright die and I'm not sure from what. (I think it must be hitting the swarm of exploding bugs he shoots out.) It's a bit obnoxious to not be sure what's killing me.

Surprisingly, NME was not the boss I had the most trouble with - it took me only three attempts, thanks to a tip to destroy the crystals at the sides.

I did use cheats in "The Room", simply because I discovered that sometimes attempting to reload a quicksave - at least on that level - crashes the game and loses the quicksave, and I lost patience with the precision jumps over lava and onto jump pads.

Pigbuster posted:

The best thing BPM brings to the "musical action" table is making offbeats just as valid as onbeats. It lets you get so much more freeform, especially compared to something like Crypt of the Necrodancer, where everything happens on the beat and ONLY on the beat. I love CotN, don't get me wrong, but BPM feels more like an actual musical performance, and that's something I've wanted for ages.

Rebind reload to right click, by the way. It should be the default tbh.

So if you miss the beat, you're not completely screwed over in terms of fighting? I could simply not play as Aria in Necrodancer because I could not be 100% perfect on hitting the beat. (If you're unfamiliar, Aria dies in one hit to anything, and you take damage if you miss the beat.)

EDIT: After reading a bunch of negative reviews for BPM which seem to have legitimate gameplay complaints, I'm probably going to hold off for the moment.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 17, 2020

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

I bought Sleeping Dogs in the previous sale on Fanatical and finally got around to playing it and it's great and an amazing deal for what it usually goes on sale for.

Through pure chance of physics this happened with one of the security camera missions:

There's one of these where Wei Shen shows up in the corner, hunched over and working an invisible computer screen.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
After mainly playing co-op games for awhile Among us is reminding me that people can be really dense and have the attention span of a gnat. " Guys it this guy" Gets ejected, "guys I saw the guy the first person pointed out kill someone "gets ejected". Hmmm obviously it's someone who hasn't been called out "innocent person gets ejected ", imposter wins.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So if you miss the beat, you're not completely screwed over in terms of fighting? I could simply not play as Aria in Necrodancer because I could not be 100% perfect on hitting the beat. (If you're unfamiliar, Aria dies in one hit to anything, and you take damage if you miss the beat.)

Yeah, there are no mandatory note hits, you're free to fire & reload on whatever notes you want, and all an off-beat click does is lose that particular shot/reload (and there's even a setting to make it really lenient if you have trouble keeping time). Optimally you could fire/reload on constant 8th notes, but in practice it's better to take your time aiming, which naturally adds really musical-sounding rests between the bouts of shooting. And you don't need to, like, move around on the beat or anything (though your footstep sounds and weapon bob animation are synced to the beat, which is a wonderful detail).

I'm hoping more musical action games pick up on how satisfying it is to keep their rhythm mechanics this freeform, rather than just being ____ + DDR.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah, there are no mandatory note hits, you're free to fire & reload on whatever notes you want, and all an off-beat click does is lose that particular shot/reload (and there's even a setting to make it really lenient if you have trouble keeping time). Optimally you could fire/reload on constant 8th notes, but in practice it's better to take your time aiming, which naturally adds really musical-sounding rests between the bouts of shooting. And you don't need to, like, move around on the beat or anything (though your footstep sounds and weapon bob animation are synced to the beat, which is a wonderful detail).

I'm hoping more musical action games pick up on how satisfying it is to keep their rhythm mechanics this freeform, rather than just being ____ + DDR.

Pistol Whip does this as well if you have a VR setup. You can shoot/reload whenever but your score is determined by how accurate your shot is and how on beat you are. When you stick to the beat it gives enemies more time to shoot so you end up bobbing and weaving between bullets and popping enemies and it feels really, really cool.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

C.M. Kruger posted:

aww he's tired :3:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sonel posted:

After mainly playing co-op games for awhile Among us is reminding me that people can be really dense and have the attention span of a gnat. " Guys it this guy" Gets ejected, "guys I saw the guy the first person pointed out kill someone "gets ejected". Hmmm obviously it's someone who hasn't been called out "innocent person gets ejected ", imposter wins.

I read this post 3 times and I still don’t get it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

on frequent occasions persons partaking of the video gaming software titled "Among Us" exhibit unfortunate obtuſeneſs and loose their wrath upon innocents even in the face of mounting testimony, much to the benefit of those individuals who are the designated impostors

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

I read this post 3 times and I still don’t get it

If you haven't played Among Us then when a body is found you can report it and vote who you think the imposter is.

One player "it's black" he gets voted out an airlock, to be fair to this one he didn't say why just pointed a finger.

Second player after he saw someone kill me "It's black" and then he was voted out the airlock.

This left only 3 people, blue calls an emergency meeting and goes "It's Cyan", him and black voted Cyan out the airlock. Only 2 people were left so the imposter wins.

Basically this happened:
https://gfycat.com/newblankeskimodog

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Cardiovorax posted:

I dunno if you can say that they were developed for PC so much as that they were developed multi-platform with PC being one of the intended platforms from the beginning. Still speaks of having gotten a handle of making that kind of thing good, though, wouldn't you say?

Yes, but both DS3 and Sekiro were after Bloodborne. I don't know how much of that know how applies. Seems like the DS1 and DS2 PC versions would be more indicative of what a Bloodborne port would be like. I mean, I don't care. Give me ANY Bloodborne port. Some modder will fix it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Having won 2 runs with BPM: Bullets Per Minute, here is my review

THE GOOD
- Shooting feels great, and shooting to the beat just makes me feel good, especially when I keep the rhythm going
- Reloading is like Synthetik; each gun has its own reload pattern, and some of them need to have individual bullets reloaded, all to the beat
- Bosses are big, menacing, and fun, with some variants. I think the variants are random, if there's a way to trigger them, I'm not aware of how
- The boss execution sequences are EXCELLENT; you shoot a few shots into them to finish them off, each one producing an awesome guitar sting to whatever rhythm you want as the boss recoils
- Weapons are fun and chunky! So far my favourite is the revolver or the pump action shotgun or the pistol that shoots out explosions
- Items and Ability variety seems on the low side, but the impact of them is feels huge: Elise's Touch is a free 25 health heal that recharges in a short time, Solar Flare shoots out small fireworks which makes rapid fire guns better

THE EH
- It's hard to feel the effect of certain stats. I like Damage a lot and will prioritise it
- Feels like there's a lot of "hidden" upgrades, but they're not so much hidden as they don't necessarily pop out of the background

THE BAD
- I am not fond of the single colour graphic filter at its default setting. I set it to 70% saturation in each area but it's still a lot to handle. Also because it has this sort of 1 colour look, some elements can blend into the background
- RNG plays a massive favour, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't have any "weight" to its rules. For instance, it's entirely possible to get a few shops on the first floor but never get enough coins to shop at all. Or not get keys. Maybe the rules are over more of the run, for instance I think The Well (choose 1 of 4 items for free) only appears once per run, but it could be on the first floor, or the fifth...and if you get your free item late, that means you're handicapped compared to an earlier run
- Whoever decided that small flying critters should be able to dodge and shoot fireballs and be present for the entire game was an rear end in a top hat
- Not really a bad point, but the character select screen makes it obvious that I struggle with certain characters; I can see that I have a 8 losses in a row with Freyr, come on

TL:DR - Binding of Isaac is a FPS that meshed with Necrodancer

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Hades is now out of early access.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Flimf posted:

Hades is now out of early access.

Oh good, I can finally beat it, and uninstall it. Hopefully, I can actually still beat the final boss.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I got Hades on Epic, but I want to play it on another computer than the one I bought it on. If I install Epic on the other computer and log in as me there, can I install and play the game on that computer?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah, of course, but idk if it has cloud saves on Epic. It does on the Steam version so probably?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there was a point where egs didn't have cloud saving until borderlands 3... it may still be on a game by game basis idk. i would check and make sure first

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

If it has cloud saves it will be a toggleable option in the library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I wanted to start from scratch anyway, what with it being out of Early Access now.